New York Police Department / Illegal search

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 646-387-1968

Me and my boyfriend were driving down avenue m and east 16, in brooklyn when we heard police sirens, so we pulled over. The officers asked for license and registration my boyfriend (driver) gave them all the information that they asked for. I then asked the officer why is it that we got pulled over, they told me keep my mouth shut and asked my boyfriend to step out the car, so i insisted to step out as well. They both approached my boyfriend and told him to put his hands on the car. The caucasian officer then went on to search the car, i then asked the officer what he is looking for, he shoved me and told me to keep my ### on the car bumper. After turning the car inside out they found nothing, we weren't given a reason to why we were pulled over and why the vehicle was searched and why my boyfriend was handcuffed and threatened to be arrested, and why me and him were both shoved. after the officers handed over the paper work, the african american officer told us his name was Williams, and then i went on to ask the caucasian officer for his badge number and he refused to give it to me. So i had the chance to write down the car number it was (1662). They also lied and said that they were narcotic cops, but they clearly were regular police officers, and i then asked the caucasian officer why he searched the car because as i was told, he has no right to search the car in detail without probable cause and i wasn't given a probable cause.

Comments

• Su
      11th of Mar, 2009

Those are bad cops. I believe to protect our constitutional rights for everyone (not just the people who know the laws), the police should not search the vehicle until the driver signs an authorization form giving the police the right to search (if there is no probable cause). I believe this signed form will eliminate quite a few illegal searches. There needs to be legislation for this which I plan to pursue.