New York Harbor VA Hospital / Patient Treated Badly

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

This complaint is on behalf of my mother (Jacqueline Lawson) who is a Persian Gulf War Veteran.She is now hospitalized due to cosmetic surgery and the nurses who are responsible of taking care of her are not doing their job.My mother complains that a nurse by the name of Simone Hamilton does not treat her with the respect she deserves.Nurse Simone did not want to give my mom the medications that are prescribed to her.The nurse claims that her high blood pressure medication should not be given to her at night and that a doctor told her so.When my mother asked the nurse for her medicine, she refused and took a very long time before attending to her which made my mother very upset.
My mother feels that this is a racial and prejudicial matter due to her West Indian back-round/accent.
I ask that this is stopped before any future damage is done.
Thank you for your cooperation.
-Jasmine Lawson

Comments

• Da
      8th of Aug, 2011

Did you complain to appropriate authority about the nurse's behavior? It would make sense to change your nurse if the one above was not assisting your mother as she should be; your mother has rights as a patient. What steps did you take to ensure your mother's well being?