New York & Company Inc. / I am totally disgusted with the way this manager ran the store that day

United States Review updated:

I was shopping and when I got on line to pay for my purchases, I noticed there was only one ringer in the store.. Other workers are walking around putting clothing back.. The line continued to grow & others were starting to question why one ringer, so I asked and the ringer said she was the only one on duty that was authorized to ring up sales. I said well then let the manager come up and ring with you at which another sales person who was packing said "she's on lunch". I told her, she needs to be up here managaing instead and how long do they intend for the line to get before they have another ringer, at which she said well the managers my mother. I told her I don't care if that's your mom, she's the manager and she needs to be out here managing this store. Other customers were leaving.. I overhead the ringer & another girl talking & she said someone switched schedules & the ringer said a ringer can't switch with a sales or whatever... so being that was the case, the manager was suppose to be up front helping the only ringer out... Even if she took her lunch a bit later. I am totally disgusted with the way this manager ran the store that day.

Et

Comments

• He
      Sep 29, 2011

Most stores make employees clock out for lunches and breaks(so the comapny can prove that they do follow the laws and allow the required amount of down time) So if the manager was on lunch then she can not just come up because you are impaitent. You can not work off the clock...I can see you never worked retail...the cashier could have rung people up faster if she was not spending time arguing with you who seem to think you are the district manager and trump everyone

• I am very frustrated. I can't log into my account. It keeps telling me I have the wrong password. I have been using the same password for all my internet sites. This site is very stupid just like that manager.

• I think the main problem is the manager was a lady. Seriously ladies don't know a thing about how to run a store. Store management is a man's job. This is why the store is doing downhill. Yeah I had to berate the cashier. Her mother was not doing her job. I asked her how old she is and she said 16. This is illegal you need to be 18 to work. Also I don't care if she is going to piss of another customer later by taking lunch later she should have giving me some gift card or something. She never came once, and after writing this letter and telling her exactly how I feel about women running stores and being managers she asked me never to return when I told her she probably had to get in bed with someone to have the position of manager and her husband and daughter should know about this. She said I was being rude and told me to leave and never return I was banned. I won't be returning trust me. You don't need to ask me not to return, and you need to slap your rude daughter across the face. She was very rude to me. Also I will see to it that the mother and daughter are fired and women are not allowed to hold positions of management unless they are qualified(and most likely they are not since management is a man's job.) Also she probably discriminated against me and did not want to serve me because I am gay.

Judge,

What big girl panties. I am a man. A proud gay man and I would never want a sex change operation.

heath

If she can't run a store she should not be taking a lunch break period. Let a man manage the store and he can run it better. I have yet to see a store run poorly which was managed by a man. Also I don't care about the other people in line. When I want service I want it fast. I should not have to wait 9 minutes.

Hogwarts

You like Harry Potter, you must either be 14 or immature and like childish stuff. GROW THE HELL UP YOU ARE NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE, learn to be a man. The whole point is she is not entitled to a break when she can't even run a store properly and I am my own boss so I can take breaks as I please. Also why should I miss my work because some idiot demands that I miss my lunch to help them.

• Fa
      Sep 29, 2011

Well judging from your replies I can see you are a very pleasant person to be with.

Also for your information Zachary is 13 and telling a 13 year old to grow up and act like a man when yourself act like a little boy is hypocritical don't you think. I have women managers run stores better then men and some men run stores poorly. The gender has nothing to do with how the store is ran.

• He
      Sep 29, 2011

Ok first off you can work at 16 with working papers and yeah let a man run the store...since men have been doing one hell of a job with running the government...just because you piss standing up does not make you better then anyone else...just because you have one does not mean you have to be one

• Fa
      Sep 29, 2011

You got a point there, and if he was straight he would have a hard time finding a wife with his attitude.

• El
      Sep 30, 2011

I wonder if the second profile is really the OP...the posts seem more like trolling...

I have a suggestion if you cannot log in to your original account: type I, then type d, then type the number 10, and them type the letter t.

Id10t

That should clarify things for you.