New York City Public Housing / Extremely Loud Music that makes the wall shake.

1 21-15 35 AvenueLong Island City, NY, United States Review updated:

I live in the public housing for years. Some tenants in the building turn on their music like more than 8 hours a day. The music is so loud that even the wall is shaking. I can't never ever get any good night sleep at all. The tenants never ever shut down the music. Sometimes, I could hear the music until like 3:00 A.M. in the morning. Not only the loud music, the stairways are like pigpen. There are dogs urine or waste on the floor. I have complained to the Office before and nothing could be done. Also, when I take the stairs, I could smell the Urine. I am not sure how clean the other Public Housing is in other area of New York City but my Building is the worst. The person who is in charge of my building isn't even doing his or her job at all. I am talking about the inspector of the building, not the person who maintains the cleanliness of the building. Whenever she or he cleans one area, tenants from the building bring out their dogs and pissed on the floor or the stairways. Do something about the Ravenswoods Public Housing. We don't live in a pigpen. Get rid of the dogs and cats and the loud music if not, the animals will urine or put their waste over all the places. The owners of the pets don't even bother cleaning up after them. Don't think the Public Housing in New York City has a healthy Environment, not place I live in. It is a pigpen.

Comments

• Li
      9th of Mar, 2013

I don't blame you. I live in the Independence Towers buildings in Williamsburg Brooklyn and it is awful. It used to be a great building to live in but since the 2000s people or animals pee in the elevators. I can hear the loud music from the 10th or 11th floor. I sent complaints and nothing is done. There are rules and no one follows them. I sometimes hear music, people dropping things all the way pass midnight. I send complaint upon complaint and nothing. They will probably say they pay their rent and they can do what they want just as long as they don't harm anyone. This is getting aggravating.