New World Movers / Movers Nightmare

Paterson Hackensack, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 201-343-2204; 888-918-0111

I scheduled moving service with this company approximately a week and a half before my scheduled move date of 9/27/08. Brandon who was very helpful provided me an arrival time of 8am - 9am. I had everything packed and ready to go by 7:30am. At around 9am I began to get worried. No phone call no movers. I called the 201 number I had in my caller ID because my laptop was packed and I had no access to obtain the toll free number. When they answered I asked to speak to Brandon and was told he wasn't in today. I relayed the reason for my call and Adam, they person to whom I was speaking, said let me get to the office and check with dispatch and make sure you are on the schedule and I will call you back. I said ok and hung up. Approximately two hours later I had still not heard back from Adam. I then called the 201 number again. No Answer. I called back approximately 15 times throughout the day and still no answer. Basically they left me out to dry. I think if you decide to run a business you should run it properly. When dealing with people who are moving it is an extremely stressful situation to begin with regardless of reason and to have some add to this stress that you rely on to relieve some of it is very disappointing. I would not refer this company to anyone looking to move, they are unreliable, inconsiderate, and very unprofessional.
Rc

Comments

Rc
  29th of Sep, 2008
Av
  21st of Nov, 2009
Caution : New World movers are swindlers. Never call them for moving your household. If you booked already through telephone or internet and given your credit card number, do not be afraid. Call your credit card company and request stop payment or put a block on New world movers ! This is to let everyone know about the move that was done by the new world movers group for me. As I was on a commitment to finish to move as early as 8:00 pm, I was expecting the movers to arrive at 2:00 pm and start the work. However as they came late at around 4:40 pm, it gave me a lot of troubles. As I had to attend to my other commitments, I had to agree for the smaller things, which I previously thought of moving on my own, to be moved by the movers. Furthermore, the supervisor didn't give any estimate before starting the work even though I asked him. But after the things were loaded inside the truck, he said it will cost me $1500 which was a huge shock for me. I actually expected something around $700 to $800 because the initial quote from them was just $80 an hour everything inclusive. Most of the items were packed on our own and the distance from the starting point to the destination is lesser than a block. But the supervisor showed a scribbled paper and he was saying that he is adding the truck fuel charge, toll, etc, etc. But their quote confirmation email says that everything is included in the $80 an hour charge. The cost of the packing materials was abnormally too high. He said it is something around $750. I am not sure on what basis he calculated the charge for packing materials. He didn't give me any detailed receipt regarding this. When the truck was about to be unloaded, the supervisor said that the cost is not $1500 but it is $1750. I am not sure why the $250 increase came up in the middle. Their quote & confirmation email says all services including packing, loading and unloading is included. But the supervisor was saying some strange terms and was asking for more and more money. I wanted to talk to any of the managers. But as the time was around 6:00 pm, I couldn't reach anyone. The time calculated by the supervisor was around 5 hours 30 minutes. But the move started at 4:40 and ended around 7:00. He said that the time included the travel time from the warehouse and again back to the warehouse. This was too big a burden for me because I had to complete this move and go for my next commitment. And he forced me to pay by saying that he will not deliver the things until I pay the full amount. I absolutely felt that I was cheated. The final amount I paid is more than 5 times of the originally quoted amount by them on the phone as well as the email. I have heard of my relatives who moved the entire household from Jersey city to Boston with just $1500 everything included. And here I paid $1750 for moving things from a single bedroom home to another two bedroom apartment just one block away. What a rip-off ! I am very very dissatisfied by this service. Also we checked today the furniture and found out that the book shelf is damages underneath and the pins for holding the wooden planks are lost and we cannot use the book shelf any more.
Ka
  16th of Dec, 2009
they are the worst!!!
CON ARTISTS...SCAMMERS
Ka
  16th of Dec, 2009
They quote you $400-$500 and then TRY to rip you off for $1, 500-$1, 800.
DONT bother to call them or you will then be calling the police for assistance with these dirtbags