New Motion, Inc / Scam charges!

1 42 Corporation Park, Suite 250 Irvine, CA 92606Wayne, United States Review updated:
Phone: 949.777.3700

Enrollment of option plans billed to my cell phone without authorization or permission. I received a text message stating I have now become a member of this service called "imatch." I never heard of this service, nor did I ever give permission to bill my cell phone. When I called, they just kept on stating I had to have signed up and refused to listen to the complaint or believe me that I did not request this service.

However, I called verizon wireless to make sure this does not continue. Finally, the said they have started a new policy this month blocking all premium-paying sites. This is an on going problem, and I am sure this action from verizon wireless started by many complaints from other customers about this and other fraudulent companies.

Comments

7th of Feb, 2008

Same problem - with my daughter’s phone - when she visited a web site - she was signed up for this text messaging service without authorizing the charges. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for the company’s address (given to me by their customer support staff). Better Business Bureau website = http://www.labbb.org

New Motion’s Address is: 42 Corporate Park, Suite 100 (and/or Suite 250), Irvine, California 92606. Please file additional complaints with the BBB - hopefully they can put this company out of business or get them to change their practices.

New Motion's Customer Support Phone Number is 1-800-387-0290. The Local Number is 949.777.3700.

3rd of Mar, 2008

Update - I did hear back from the LA Better Business Bureau within 2 days of filing my complaint online. They contacted New Motion. New Motion responded that they would issue a refund check to me within 6 weeks. After that, I once again contacted my cell phone service provider (Verizon Wireless) and again asked them to refund the charges to my account - since New Motion was never authorized to bill my account. I told the Verizon rep that the company (New Motion / Mobile Sidewalk / and many other aliases) was scamming people and that there were over 130 complaints filed against them (at the Better Business Bureau - according to the BBB website) within the last year. Verizon Wireless has credited my account for the $ 9.99. Cell phone companies are beginning to realize that New Motion is committing fraud. Keep filing complaints with the BBB and requesting (politely but firmly) that your cell phone service provider refund charges that you did not authorize. Good Luck to All!!

• Da
      13th of Apr, 2008
    new motion - cell phone charges
    New Motion

I just came from Sprint where I paid my bill and find that I have been charged an extra 17 dollars a month for the last three months by new motion. I do not play games; not on my cell, not on the computer, not with other people. Of course it is sunday and there is nobody at new motion to answer my call.

• Bk
      1st of May, 2008

This same company got me for $22.38. I backed out of the web site after I had only given them only my cell phone number never believing I had signed up for anything. Unfortunately, I have Sprint PCS and they are very uncooperative in addressing this matter. They say they can't do anything about it and even when I asked if they would investigate this company to see that there have been hundreds of complaints with the BBB they were unwilling to commit to that. And this was from a rep in their fraud department! I will be filing my complaint with the BBB against New Motion!

• Kr
      19th of May, 2008

I just opened my bill and received a $9.99 charge from New Motion Inc. I happened to be in the hospital at the time with my cell phone and never authorized such a charge. I have emailed them, sent them mail and am contacting the BBB. I feel for people that never look at their bill!

• Ro
      23rd of May, 2008

I am also a victim of the New Motion, Inc./Bid4Prizes scam. A $9.99 charge has appeared on my phone bill for 3 months now, though of course I never signed up for this racket, whatever it is. Today, thanks to this web site, I was able to contact New Motion and “unsubscribe” myself from something I never subscribed to in the first place. But I have gotten very little satisfaction from Sprint. I finally convinced one of the customer service people to put me through to Sprint’s “fraud department” only to have someone there insist over and over that this is “not a case of fraud, ” and to repeatedly accuse me of being mistaken, insisting that I must have subscribed to the “service.” They seemed uninterested that all over the Internet many other Sprint customers are complaining about this scam. At this point, I am planning to contact one of the consumer rights reporters at one of my local news shows about both the scam and Sprint’s (apparent) collusion-by-negligence (if that is a legal term!) with New Motion.

• Ho
      6th of Jun, 2008

I just also spoke with Sprint, they said it was third party and nothing they could do. I asked for a contact number from Sprint for the company they are billing for and they did not have. I asked to speak with manager since I was charged the $ 9.99 this month for the first time and for something I did not sign up for. I did not get the manager but then somehow I was going to be credited. After holding for nearly 15 more minutes I was told that I would have to pay the charge and then Sprint was sending a form for New Motion to refund me directly, ridiculous but what was I to do?

I called New Motion, whose phone does not even identifiy who you are calling, neither did the Rep on the phone. The first option is to unsubscribe via automation or speak with a rep. I chose the rep and she unsubscribed me, then I asked about the charges, told her what Sprint said they were doing, she put a note in our file, then gave me an authorization code and told me to expect the check within 2-3 weeks. We will see what happens with that..

10th of Jun, 2008

I have also been ripped of $9.99 for some unknown service I never requested. I contacted my service provider to find out what it was and they told me the company that was billing me was called New motions.inc. I had never heard of this company, nor had I authorised them to charge me for what ever it is that they do (or Don't), I have no idea where they got my number from as I never use my mobile phone for anything other than an emergency contact. I have never entered the number into any website or promotion, or even let it be known to anyone bar a select few; and I mean few, that I even have a mobile phone. As far as I am concerned this company has fraudulently managed to gain my number and then stolen money from me. On the upside my service provider has been most helpful in helping me to sort this out, they cancelled the "subscription" and returned the last payment and identified who it was that took my money. There was no quibbling or denials on their part - which I really appreciated. Hoorah for my AT&T go phone people.

• Yi
      10th of Jul, 2008
    New Motion, Inc - cell phone charges
    new motion,inc

they are charging me 9.99 a month for something i never signed up for and it is a pain in the A$$ to get it removed! i am really mad about this this stuff has to stop! Can anyone help me on what i can do to stop this, i had 4 different companys on my bill this month and never authorized them or contacted them in any way! thanks

• Lo
      1st of Oct, 2008

Same problem! ATT removed the charges for me but I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. ATT said you can put a purchase blocker on your phone that allows you to put in a 4 digit code to allow anything to go through.

• Ca
      4th of Oct, 2008

This is so frustrating. I am one that does not use the download option for anything in hopes to escaped this kind of fradulent charge issue. This is the second time I have dealt with this. This time it is New Motion, Inc. I have emailed them & it got kicked back as "non-deliveralbe address" and the phone number is not picking up at all. I will be working with AT&T in hopes of resoling the issue and will be asking for a block and code set up.
    Thank you for all the other posts they have been helpful.

• Ro
      5th of Nov, 2008

Go to https://thirdpartycontentrefund.com and http://www.cellphonedownloads.class-action-admin.com. Then put in a claim! Gotta love lawyers (well at least when they are on your side

• De
      1st of Dec, 2008

I also have ben having this problem. How do this ### of the earth, get a hold of our private numbers. AT&T did remove the charges, but I was told in order to stop it entirely, to contact New motion inc. Good luck with that. All I advise is to contact the Better Business Bureau. Anyone interested the telephone number for these ### are: 1-800-387-0290, and locally 949-777-3700. Keep calling and drive them out of their skulls. Ask them how they sleep at night.

4th of Jan, 2009
    newmotion - unapproved charge
    GatorArcade

I was charged $10.09 for mobile purchases and downloads I never approved.

• Be
      5th of Feb, 2009

It is continuing to happen. Just got my bill with charges from new motion on my husbands phone, he doesn't even know how to make a darn call out let alone download. AT &T took care of the charges and cancelled the subscription. Appartantly New Motion is counting on people not checking their bills.

• El
      11th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I did not notice at first because my bill is automatically paid each month. I did call AT&T and they have taken the charge off my bill and blocked my number from future scammers. Make sure you check your bill. Apparently reporting it to the BBB doesn't seem to do any good because according to these posts it has been going on for quite some time.

• Tw
      9th of Jun, 2009

It is my understanding that BBB does nothing more than document these claims. They don't have power to change anything but only to warn "buyer beware"!! I walked into the same thing with New Motion and it happened the exact month I changed my phone plan so I didn't notice the additional charge. I have been paying for over a year and just realized it!!! AT&T did refund me 120 days worth of charges but New Motion only allows up to 120 days refund through AT&T so I am out the rest of the money. I m waiting a call from AT&T manager and will call the 800 number to New Motion to see if I can get any further. I do accept responsibility for not reviewing the very last page of my statement - after the first 10 pages of numbers, etc I start to drift off - but I hate the idea that we have to be so weary of a company that has full access to my charge account!!! Buyer beware, indeed!

19th of Oct, 2009
    newmotion - did not order

did not order this service

• Zl
      11th of Apr, 2012

I have received a text message saying that I won a $1000 Walmart gift card, and to go to www.prizeconfirmation.com and enter a code supplied to claim my winnings. THERE IS NO SUCH WEBSITE!! prizeconfirmation.com does not exist online anywhere, and when I dug a little deeper I found that this service is sponsored by New Motion Inc...
    For the record, I contacted Walmart, and they are not having any form of promotion or prize giveaway, on cell phones or otherwise!!