New Motion Inc/aka Atrinsic Inc / unauthorized charges on cell phone

CA, United States Review updated:
On 7/22 & 8/23 2008 I had $9.99 charge on my AT&T cell phone bill by New Motion Inc. I never gave permission for such charges. I have since talked to a rep at AT&T and he was very much aware of this company. He will credit my account and stop a subscription to whatever they put on my bill. This scamming company needs to be put out of business and put behind bars. I have been reading that lots of other people also were scammed in this manner!!
Ri

Comments

Lu
  10th of Dec, 2008
I just found out the New Motion/Atrinsic has been charging me $9.99 every month for the last 5 months. I had noticed that I was getting these seemingly spam text messages offering a "TMobile special" with lots of abbreviations and grammar errors, but apparently, according to Rhonda (Employee # 228) at Atrinsic, that text message was the billing renewal notice for me and I must have read and consented to it. They are unwilling to offer me any refund. T-Mobile only agreed to refund me for the last 3 months. I would like to know how to report Atrinsic to the Better Business Bureau or other relevant authorities.