New Link Networks / Unauthorized billing

New Link Networks
Today I received a letter thanking me for selecting New Link Networks for my faxing and emailing needs and letting me know that the $49.95 billing starts this month.

I have never heard of this company, never talked to anyone from this company and have no idea what they really do.

I called the customer service number and actually had a hard time getting to a live person due to the recording asking for my billing phone number. I refused to key the business phone number so their system kept hanging up on me until I keyed in all 0s for my phone number.

When I finally got a live person on the phone, she had to ask what company name was on the letter that I received before she could help me. I don't think she was even at the New Link Network company. When I asked why this company was saying that they were going to bill me for services that I did not ask for and did not use, she said that I was being billed for services that I requested.

When I finally got her to understand that I did not ask for the service and did not expect to see any billing from them, she offered to cancel the service and gave me a confirmation number that matched my 'account number' on the letter. She also explained that there would be billing for the first month of service that I 'requested' and a credit for the month of service also.

I have not received the bill yet, so I do not know if canceling the service worked or not.

This is surely an illegal practice and will be reported to the proper authorities.

N  23rd of Feb, 2009 by

New Link Networks - Unauthorized charges
New Link Networks

Called under the guise of verifying online yellowpage information, no mention of a fee, then a $49.95 charge appears on the phone bill. Immediately called the 'customer service' number to have the charge reversed and the account canceled. I have forwarded a recording of the call with my employee to the state attorneys general of Texas and Florida.
A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Just got a call from them... very impolite lady, btw

their phone number unfortunately did now show on my callerid... 1-000-000-0000 does not help at all

She claimed it was not a telemarketing/cold call...
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by
I agree. I got a call from these people and they were very pushy about wanting me to answer their questions so they could "get me back to my busy day". I suspected something fishy, and now I glad to know I was right