New Lighting Direct / Non Receipt No Refund

1 England, Derbyshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought a light from New Lighting Direct back in September 09, i was told continuoulsy that the item was not in stock but would be in in 4 weeks, 4 weeks passed and i tried to contact them again, still no arrival in stock, i was told to wait another 4 weeks hence nothing arrived. I then told them to cancel my order and send me a refund. I was transferred to the refunds department who told me my payment would take 28 days to appear in my account. This has never arrived, i email them twice daily and not getting any reply at all. Complete and utter waste of time, dont think I will ever see my £175 that i spent. I think I may contact trading standards to see if they can help me.

Comments

• Mc
      24th of Mar, 2010

I have also parted with money to this company with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped respondingto my emails.

Cathy Taylor

24th of Mar, 2010

I have also parted with money to New Lighting Direct with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped respondingto my emails.

New Lighting Direct - Non delivery/non return
    United Kingdom

I also parted with money to this company in January with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped responding to my emails.

• Ex
      25th of Mar, 2010

i am having exactly the same problem. i managed to speak with someone one week ago but still no joy of any kind. phone constantly engaged and no response to emails. i sense a company going down the pan. let's hurry them along...

• Ia
      26th of Mar, 2010

I have also been caught for £215 and if you check their website they have ceased trading as of the 23/3/10.
    I paid by debit card so have no payment protection

• Sp
      30th of Mar, 2010

I found out today that this company ceased trading on 23rd March 2010. what a bunch of thieves.

• Db
      2nd of Sep, 2010

Rather foolishly seems I was the most recent victim of these frauds. Ordered 2 lamps on the 15/8 no reply, so I called and experienced the same answerphone directing me to an email account which was blocked.

How on earth is that feckin website still up!?!??! This has been going on nearly a year from what I read today? Could kick myself.

Have reported it to the Trade Commission and I would also suggest everyone write a letter to Watchdog or similar... this is right up their alley.

Come on Paypal, come through for me now...!

DN

5th of Jan, 2011

I have had a part time job offer today - a spam e-mail probably trying to scam me for money I guess