New Life Van Lines / Stole My Stuff

1 Hollywood CA, United States Review updated:

Please learn from my mistake and avoid this company (based in Calif.) like the plague. It's been over a year since they picked up my things while I was travelling cross-country. When I was ready for them to deliver, I attempted to call them and they avoided my calls and wouldn't answer my emails or would answer the phone and tell me I needed to talk to somebody else who was never available. AND I NEVER GOT ANYTHING BACK. All I ended up with was what I arrived with: my little car, my dog, my cat, a few clothes and a towel. They got everything including my Grandmothers sewing machine, many pieces of original artwork, bookcases my Dad and brother made for me. -- irreplaceable items collected over 50 years. Some of these items I intended to will to my local animal shelter (such as my collection of out-of-print books including Nancy Drew hardbacks, and the artwork) so they could sell them and make money. When I was still trying to get my items back I decided it might be better to call the owner so I looked up the owner's name -- it was something middle Eastern sounding. I then google searched that name and found a listing stating that this was a made up name. I believe it. I also found out that this company is operating with an expired business license. And since I don't have any money to hire a lawyer I went to the local legal assistance place and they wouldn't help me. So just label me SADDER BUT WISER. If you have also had problems with New Life Van Lines also, please email me at vancouvera@outlook.com and perhaps we could do a class action lawsuit. I kept all their emails so I have proof of this.

Va
Jan 4, 2016

Comments

• Va
      4th of Jan, 2016

One more thing I needed to add: NEW LIFE VAN LINES kept insisting that they tried to deliver my stuff THREE TIMES which is an out-and-out lie. One time I got a text from a driver saying he had my stuff and would like to deliver it -- only problem was I didn't get this text until 2 days later (who reads their texts every day?) and if he really had my things and needed to deliver them, wouldn't he have actually called me?