New Life Fitness - St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC / Unprofessional management

I was in New Life Fitness on several occasions and have witnessed management or what they call management speak to nursery and front desk staff very unprofessionally. They do not handle themselves in a professional manner nor do they make appropriate management decisions.

First, there was a sewer issue on Saturday, Sept. 29th and they did not close the nursery even though children and others had to walk through sewage. This is no way to conduct a business. This is a hazard to the health of the children in this nursery.

The assistant management staff consists of teenagers who think they can run an establishment or employees using unprofessional and disrespectful language and behavior. There is one in particular that should be let go due to her unprofessionalism and her name is Victoria. I witnessed an episode that was beyond disrespectful and the other young lady involved showed great restraint. It is obvious that there is a problem at this establishment since no one has done anything to stop this behavior.

If the St. Andrews location of New Life Fitness is still open a year from now, it will be an amazement to me. If it were me being spoken to or having to work in such an environment as this, I would quit... but not until I knocked this you girl, Victoria's head off.

You can not stay open if your sewer is backed up and you can not be disrespectful to employees and expect to keep them.

I will NOT go back to this New Life Fitness location, EVER! If someone there reads this... Get rid of Victoria. She is only going to bring you down.

Comments

• De
      1st of Oct, 2007

I agree completely. I have a daughter that works at this location and she is spoken to in this manner all the time.

She has brought it up to management on several occassions, but I think they are all friends and nothing is ever done about it.

I don't expect her to stay there much longer. She knows the girl, Victoria, and her manager is the same way. I don't know his name...but he isn't any better.

I think they enjoy belittling people, it gives them a rush or something.

Hopefully someone will do something about this soon.