New Life Fitness / COntract

United States Review updated:
I joined New Life Fitness about a year ago when I moved to Columbia, SC. I loved the gym and the classes because everyone was so nice and it was fun to work out. After I started school and got a job I decided to cancel my membership. When I signed my contract the Manager stated it would be a month to month contract of $31.00 that they would take out of my account each month. The manager also stated that if I wanted to cancel my contract at any time. When I called up the gym the manager told me it would be no problem that all I had to do was come in and sign a paper. When I got to the gym the paper said to put my reasons for leaving down, my number with the gym, and my pin for the gym and mail it. A month later, I got a letter in the mail stating that I signed a 12 month agreement and I owed them over $150.00. I was very upset so I called the gym and they gave me the run around and I am still fighting to get out of my contract. NEW LIFE FITNESS LIES!!!
Em

Comments

Lu
  4th of Sep, 2008
I am concerned!! My year is up and I do not want to renew my membership. I wonder if they are going to give me this type of run-around. I have drafted a letter to send to the Columbia gym to cancel. Have you sent a letter?