New Health Choice PPO / False claims, refusal to provide written information

Phone: 888-858-8180

A salesperson called and offered a family health plan with a too good to be true price. I fell for it, but during the taped confirmation part of the call I got suspicious (especially at the no refunds part, and that this is not an insurance policy or contract, just a
"membership" or "plan" or something) and asked to do some research. She agreed and gave me a phone number with an extension number, telling me to leave a message and she'll call right back. Apparently, nobody ever picks up the phone there, they only return calls that are "safe". After researching the company and finding suspiciously familiar info on [redacted].com I called back. She returned my call and I asked her several questions, as well as for written info. She started getting agitated and said: You know what? I'll just hold on to your application and when this promotion is over I'll send you written information and pamphlets and you will end up paying 4-500 dollars for this plan. When I started saying that I don't mind paying as much for real insurance she wouldn't listen and went into a tirade, saying ever ruder things before slamming the phone down.

Comments

• La
      11th of Mar, 2009
    New Health Choice PPO - unresponsive
    New Health Choice PPO
    98-340 Koauka Lp #120
    Aiea
    Hawaii
    Phone: 8082945096

I was supposed to receive an email and paperwork for my "insurance" but I haven't received either. I called the number I have and Juan wont call me back or send the email now. The number I have is 877-446-8700 ext 126.

Thanks

Laurie

• Je
      24th of Mar, 2009

I alson have been involved in a scam the telemarketer call and said that he could offer me a 80/20 plan this was a special and he wanted me to get signed up it would cost me 119.00 mo and it would cover 80% and I would pay the 20% . I then asked was this a discount card and he said that it was a ppo plan and i told him i didn't mind paying for something it didn't have to be a special price if i needed it. And at this time I could not afford it, I have all kinds of health problems diabeties, debilitating back pain, among other problems and i was turned down for SSI. So I actually have little to keep me going and pay for my meds and doctors appts. I have alot of Hospital Bills, so at this point i ask the guy to hold my card and i would tell him when to process the payment, he started the recording and when he was talking i ask him if it was a discount card i did not want it, he then stopped the recording and told me to answer the questions .I then proceeded to stop the process of this contract but i could not get though and i sent emails stating that i didn't want the service. the company then told me i had not been canceled until they tried to bill my card again when i left numerous messages to cancel. The company name is CHBA - Consumer Health Benifits Assoc. this company is being sued by Ollinois Attorney General for DECEPTIVE MARKETING AND SALES TACTICS UNSED TO ENTICE CONSUMERS INTO BUYING A HEALTH PLAN THEY BELIEVED WAS HEALTH INSURANCE.

• Ms
      10th of Aug, 2009

The company called me with the same information. They wanted $259 to Join and $129 per month. When I asked about a web site, he told me that because they are a non-profit service they didn't have a web site or send out information, and that was how there were able to keep the rates so low. I told them no thank you and that I could not shell out money to company I had no was of doing a back ground check on.

• Ti
      16th of Sep, 2009

After looking on the internet for medical insurance, I too received SEVERAL calls... all for the same $129.95 monthly rate for a PPO plan...ALL telling me that its an non-profit association ...(so thats why they don't have printed information or any website with information). I inquired to BBB via e-mail (never heard back), and then called the Dept. of Banking and Insurance of New Jersey. She said that the price sounds too good to be true, and that they are not allowed to sell insurance in New Jersey. She advised me not to get that. The last call even said they were an insurance company (New Health Choice) since 1939, and in 1991 started offering this plan due to the low economy the country was facing...And if you notice on your caller ID (if you have one), it reads the phone number as UNAVAILABLE, or FLORIDA or CALIFORNIA. I need Insurance, not to be jerked around by these scam artists! DO NOT -- REPEAT -- DO NOT EVER GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY #s, BANK ACCOUNT NOs, OR CREDIT CARD numbers!!!

• Kj
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Similar story. Just today (11/3/09) where this National Benefits Organization called several times for a PPO plan that was just too good to be true. I asked for an email and they just sent the below message. I'm so glad I googled this program. THANK YOU for your comments. Saved me a pain in the **.

This is regarding your request for a quote on a medical program. We can have you approved for a Member Advocacy and Intervention Program along with Non Insurance Discount Medical Services through the Consumer Health Benefits Association (CHBA) regardless of what medical conditions you may have. This program also contains Accident Medical Expense Insurance as well as Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, and a Prescription Drug Plan.

CHBA is administered by Century Senior Services (CSS) and its affiliated companies. They manage over $250 million in assets and over $2 billion of in force life insurance. CSS also administers over $10 million in value-added business. Their parent company was founded in 1936 and is now in its third generation of family presidents, so they will be there when you need them.The plan does not make payments directly to providers. The member must pay for all care services but will receive a discount from participating providers.
    § Individual $129.95 per month
    § Family $149.95 per month
    § One-time processing fee $129.90
    ALL FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE UNLESS GOVERNED OTHERWISE BY YOUR RESIDENT STATE LAWS
    § No medical exam is required.
    § All medical conditions are accepted (i.e maternity, diabetes, HIV.) ALL Benefits include:
    § Access to Premier Member Services for advocacy and intervention.
    § $3, 000 accident medical expense insurance with a low $100 deductible. Use ANY doctor, ANY hospital Worldwide!
    § $15, 000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit.
    § Access to quality medical and healthcare services.
    § ANY Medical Procedures allowed including cosmetic surgery. Repricing on Hospital Stays, Surgeries, X-rays, CAT scans, MRI's, Mammograms, Pediatrics, Physical Therapy, etc., ect... § $4, 000 emergency helicopter transportation.
    § Air Ambulance
    § Dental Benefits.
    § Vision Care Benefits.
    § Prescription Drug Pay Plan.
    § Free medications for just $75 a month if you qualify.
    § Hearing Care Benefits
    § Free unlimited use 24-hr Nurse Hotline
    § Free unlimited use 24-hr Counseling Services

This information transmitted is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are obligated to promptly contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Not all of our products are available in all states where we are licensed. The plans / riders have exclusions, limitations and terms under which the plans may be continued in force. Availability, features, benefits and options may vary by state. For costs and complete details, please call us at {877-215-2071 }.This program may not be available in all statesThis a solicited email. If you wish to be removed from our email list please click here to unsubscribe from our list. If for some reason you did not want this email we apologize.
    -----------------------------------------
    If you would like more information on enrollment in the New Health Choice plan or about any of the plans we offer, call me toll free at 1-877-215-2071 ext.400 Thank you. Robert AlexanderEnrollment ManagerNational Benefits Consultants.

• De
      18th of Nov, 2009

Do not fall into this trap. If more people would check out this company New Health Choice PPO before giving over your Information to them you will find out that they just rip people off. They get you to give credit info and personal info and steal your money. Don't Do It !!! They are not a legit company

• Mi
      11th of Dec, 2009

I got a call from these people today and she didn't think I needed to talk to my husband before I made a decision. She had to check to see if they could keep the same rate if I didn't purchase right away. This made me a bit suspicious to how ligit they are. I am glad I checked them out before she calls back on Monday. Compared to any insurance in the area this was very cheap and that is why I googled to see what other people say. I will tell her my findings on Mon and I do not plan to purchase any thing from her.

• Rh
      11th of Jan, 2010

They got some fast talking commission phone reps that dont let you get a word in edgewise. If you call a hospital they never heard of century senior servces or cnbc. This is the kind of reform our government needs to go after, the ripoff florida boilerroom telephone crap. They are praying on folks who are desparate for coverage. RH

• Ny
      15th of Jan, 2010

I totally agree: this alleged business is a predator. The first time they phoned two months ago, the fast-talking older lady gave me the "too good to be true" spiel, saying that there was a deadline on this special offer for my area and that I had to make a decision that day or miss out and pay hundreds more. I'd been without coverage for a few months and so gave them too much of my time, but the good news is that I did not hand over my personal info. I told them I needed to discuss it with someone else first, whereupon she said that she could be put on hold but if I hung up, the deal would be lost. What?! I put her on hold, gave my father the full run-down, then quickly told her I wasn't interested. Two months later, the same lady called my new home number (how did she get it?!) today, and when I asked her if she called me two months ago, she hesitated and said "Oh. Maybe." Since I was sitting in front of my computer, I asked her for their web site address. She told me to go to "leadsnbc.com" (which comes up as nothing) then expressed confusion saying "That's strange. That usually works." She then back-pedaled and said that since they were a not-for-profit business, they don't have a web site. RIGHT. I told her that for a respectable business to not have a place where people can go to read up on the fine details of the deal they are being offered is RIDICULOUS and that I was not nor would ever be interested.