Comments

14th of Feb, 2009

I meant to input NEWGRANTFORYOU. WHEN will I GET feedback about these charges?

• Cr
      14th of Feb, 2009

i was also mislead i was told it would be 1.97, then i was charged 58.61. to my credit card, an cannot get a person to talk to or anything. i believe that was fraudlet an something should be done. i would like to get my money back.

• Cr
      14th of Feb, 2009

this complaint was for NEWGRANTFORYOU. I had already wrote a complaint from cra

• Ro
      15th of Feb, 2009

The same thing has just happened to me! Does anyone know where to cancel or stop this? I was also led to believe that I would simply pay 1.95...now they have charged me an additional 58.61!

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2009

I was able to call them by looking at the phone number listed next to my credit card charge. Once I called and complained about the charge, they claimed we had only 7 days to review their sight before they would autonatically charge your credit that was used to get the free trial.

I've learned that If I have to call them to cancel, I forget about during the trial period and am bluntly reminded when I discover the high cost for their service has already posted.

After talking with the rep, I was surprised that all they do is help you write an applicatication for a grant and out of the blue, a person from that organization gives you a call to supposedly to help you. I told the guy who called that I hadn't ever recived a CD, had not even gone to their site to look at anything yet, though I had according to the office guy only 2 more weeks left to use it since that charge is a MONTHLY charge. So, I cancelled it straight away.

I also learned that the caller apparently lived locally to where I live ( I assume that they have local help spread around the states since I'm near Orlando) and that he agreed to call me back in a week after I had a chance to look at their service. We will see if that happens.

Unfortunately, if one gives their credit card number to someone, the lawyers tell me that I have in essence proven that I knew what I was getting into. Although I was like everyone else...mislead. It costs $250 an hour for a lawyer to go after them and I've lost less way less than that. So, unless the credit card company can prove fraud...doubtful, then what I've been told is that I'm stuck with the bill..

15th of Feb, 2009

I agree about what has been discovered concerning NEW GRANT FOR YOU. I feel very vulnerable about internet transactions. I am going to contact my credit card company and update my security.

19th of Feb, 2009

i thought it was only goin to be one cost at 1.95 and i was charged an additional charge 58.61 it is a scam i cancelled it when i seen they took out the second charge.

24th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happend to me. What is wrong with these people? We are trying to either go to school and finance our education and this New Grant for you is stealing us blind with false advertising.

How can we get our money back?

Jackie Ingram

• Sh
      26th of Feb, 2009
    new grants for you - misleading
    North Carolina

I signed up to receive some info from this company, given to price choices and chose the $1.95 option. Several days later I was charged 68.13 and from a separate entity, SBA Mentors, I was charged 13.42. When I called SBA Mentors, they said they are associated with the New Grants for You and that there was a opt out time but I did not email to opt out so therefore the charges were legitimate. However, NO WHERE did I read about having to "join" when I signed up for the 1.95 charge!! And I have signed up for other services before that have a "Free" sign up time before they continue to charge your card monthly but it is CLEARLY stated and you know what you are getting into before you hit enter! What a bunch of BULL!

2nd of Mar, 2009

I received a charge that I did not authorize from a company that I have never even heard of before. It was for $13.42 from SBA Mentors. I have no contact info for them showing on my credit card statement. Does anybody have a phone number for them so that I can call and dispute this charge???

• Ga
      26th of May, 2009
    new grants for you - debted checking account
    456 E 87th Street
    Chicago
    Illinois
    Phone: 773 874-1633

I received a call about getting a government grant in which I would receive a cd to help me for 2.95 which I paid but the company took 89.95 from my account on two seperate occasions. I have called and put a stop to them taking the money from my account but after talking to their customer service department I still haven received my funds back nor have I received the cd. Please help me get my money and stop these people from their deceptive practices.