New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame / Expensive futon broke after 2 months

1 36 Gloucester St, Suite 3Boston, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-728-2034

On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days, the edge of the front frame broke. This company's web site, as well as Sears web site states that there is a 10 year warranty on this frame. This was part of the reason we paid so much for it (over $400), rather than buy a cheaper brand. My wife emailed their customer service, and was told in a very condescending, rude manner that they only warrantied items for 30 days. I replied and asked what good was a 10 year warranty, if it was really only for 30 days. The reply was extremely hostile, and we were accused of purposefully breaking the item. My wife also called Sears, and was assured by their customer service that someone named Daniel would call her with 8 hours, and get an address for shipment of a replacement part. Daniel never called. All we want is the piece that broke replaced, free of charge. After only 60 days of use, I do not think this is an outrageous request.

New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame

Cr
Apr 2, 2013

Comments

• Se
      4th of Apr, 2013

Dear Crockj,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online futon frame purchase, and for the manner in which this situation has been handled thus far. Third party vendors can best be viewed as separate retailers that lease selling space on Sears.com. We'd be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers who can help you communicate and work with the vendor in question on a solution. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Crockj), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.