New China Buffet / Food Poisoning

1 207 Jordan Lane NorthwestHuntsville, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (256) 830-8156

On Friday, 2/12/10 my wife and I and our two small daughters ate at this all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. We've eaten here many times in the past and were celebrating Valentine's Day on this particular occasion.

I had crab legs and sushi in addition to the same food my family ate. My wife and our daughters however DID NOT eat the crab legs or sushi.

Prior to leaving the restaurant, I had severe stomach cramps followed by the last 30 minutes of our visit spent in their restroom with major diarrhea.

When I contacted the restaurant manager the next morning about the problem, he remarked, "Well, maybe you ate too many crab legs" followed by laughter. He also suggested I visit the hospital to see if food poisoning was the problem. Thinking it would "pass" after several bowel movements, I did not go to the hospital but did go to my doctor's office first thing Monday morning on 2/15/10. After 2 and 1/2 days of pure diarrhea, I've been dignosed with food poisoning as I had expected and the diarrhea has continued. I've been prescribed 500mg of Metronidazol (3x per day) and have just taken my first dose. I plan on reporting this establishment to the Morgan County Health Dept. as well as the BBB. We will NEVER visit this restaurant again and I would recommend others to exercise extreme caution if you do eat here.

The only retribution I feel is right is for this establishment to refund the following monetary damages: my $9.49 purchase price for the meal, the $30.00 doctor's visit co-pay, the $7.35 co-pay for my antibiotics, and one full day's wages of $1, 200.00 the total being $1, 246.84

Comments

• Fo
      15th of Feb, 2010

If you earn $1, 200 per day then why were you taking your family to a $9 buffet? Tightwad, you deserve nothing better that your $9 refund and they should charge you for two rolls of toilet paper.

• Go
      20th of Oct, 2011
    New China Buffet - They need to be investigated and fined for their services to the public
    New China Buffet

I had went for lunch at the China Buffet. Our drinks had to be brought to us three times. Because the tanks need to be changed and we're not. Also, the food was cold and the place to eat was also cold. I informed the manager about the problems we had encountered and she said the food is not cold and that we should try getting our food from the bottom. Which we did and it was still cold. When it was time to check out we we're charged 10 cent additional to our drinks and the board clearly stated $1.35. We we're informed they charge 10 cent on lunch buffets and drinks. I think they need to be investigated and fined for their services to the public.