Netzero / Scam charges!

1 06599 30.50 StreetGobles, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2696280103

I have had netzero for a few months and have had problems with the service. I called to cancel my service because I was tired of complaining. The young man on the phone said how sorry he was and offered me two free months service. He said they had been doing some work on the service and he really didn't want to lose me as a customer. Like an idiot I agreed. He said I would have another mail with the service too which I told him I didn't need. It ended up not being 2 free months but 24.99 extra for a megamail box that I didn't order or want and am still being billed 14.99 for the high speed dial up (what a joke). When I found out about the billing I was very angry and called them. they changed the 14.99 to 18.89 and didn't take the 24.99 off the bill like they said they would. I am livid!!! I have contacted a CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY to see if there is anything that can be done to end this wide spread abuse of the American public. If you are interested in this please e-mail me at: doegirl54@aol.com Hopefully we can stop them. Don't think that just because it is a small about it doesn't matter, it does! From another site I found that Unitedonline who owns netzero has 366 employees and grossed $167, 520, 000 last year. I'm tired of having my pocket picked, how about you?

Comments

12th of May, 2008

I had been used broadband for many years. Last month, I received my phone bill with extra $37 from netzero. I called them and they claimed I had ordered the dial-up service two months ago. Since I had never order or needed the dial-up service, I asked them if they can tell me who and how a person open a account without my knowledge. They cannot tell me anything on this matter. Anyone who know your name, address and home phone number can open a account on behave of you, then use the service and charge to your phone bill. After two hours on the phone with them, they finally agree this is a fraudulent account and cancel the account. From all these reading, I will double check my phone bill to make sure they had stop billing me. We also call the phone company(at&t) to reprot the abuse. It turned out at&t provide a service that would blocked any thrid party to charge to phone billed directly. We signup immediately. With 3 sons go thru school years, I am sure my name, address and home phone is not a secret.