NetStore USA/OpenMedia Pty Ltd / non delivery of merchandise

CA, United States Review updated:
Been had. Ordered book on Nov.20, 2007 credit card charged for the book and an "international transaction fee" on Nov.23. As of Jan. 3, no book. Left three emails, tried faxing and left message on only other number provided [protected]). Wasn't fast enough to cancel payment, but I cancelled my credit card.

I am going to report them to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.iC3.gov). All others who posted here should do the same.
Ji

More NetStore USA/OpenMedia Pty Ltd Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Pe
  10th of Jan, 2008
Have you gotten anywhere with this? I just recently ordered a book from them and discivered this complaint today! I am a bit worried now to say the least.
An
  18th of Jan, 2008
Having allegedly been defrauded by this Company in July 2007 I am taking action to have them closed down.

It is going to be a pretty sad day for Simon Verdon (simv@pobox.com) who founded the Australian operation and then opened a US office.

The operation was originally described as one of the internet bookstore pioneers along with Amazon, and others. His modus operandi is described in the same article and this information has been useful in formulating our action against Mr Verdon.

Today, with non existent customer service, allegations of fraud and lack of response to any sort of enquiry the operation is a joke. If you don't believe me, take a look at the assessment of the Arizona Better Business Bureau, and follow their recommendation.

Here in NZ we share strong consumer laws with Australia and I urge anyone who has a problem with this organisation to lodge formal complaints ASAP because they aren't going to be around for much longer.
Je
  21st of Jan, 2008
Same experience here. Ordered a book at the beginning of January and still haven't received it. I've tried calling and e-maling but to no avail. Got in touch with my credit card comapny today and am having the charge removed. Definitely don't order from thsi bunch of hacks. The FBI Fraud Deprtment will be hearing from me as well. If you're reading this netstore, send me my damn book.
To
  31st of Jan, 2008
I ordered book in September last year, as it was a special order, I allowed quite a few weeks to elapse before following up on status. Cannot get the order confirmation to be recognised so cannot check status. No response to any email (5 Sent) and have just discovered that credit card debited 2 days after orded DESPITE their claims that no processing takes place until shipment occurs... This is certainly misrepresentation and probably fraud. Just found a phone number for Simon Vernon , not a fax, so I guess I'm going to phone Australia later..
An
  1st of Feb, 2008
Note that Netstore USA web address has changed to: www.netstoreusa.us and that all the glowing testimonials and promises that your credit card won't be charged until your order ships have now disappeared.

I hope that the action we have commenced against NetStore Australia (aka Open Media Pty Ltd) will flow on to benefit US customers.

I have heard from at least one unhappy customer that they have received a full refund of their money so if NetStore are working towards putting things right then that is good.

Note that the old website can still be accessed at: www opengroup.com or www.netstoreusa.com and the same misleading claims are still made on these sites !

If you want to contact them I suggest you log onto the NEW USA site and send a message as with a possible legal action coming up then they may now just take some notice of your complaint.

Don't forget to file a complaint with the Arizona Better Business Bureau as well as IC3 if you have no luck.
Sh
  10th of Feb, 2008
I totally agree and share the pain with you guys,, i ordered a book on design, and its been a month and the book is nowhere in sight, the money ofcourse was debited from my account 2 days later, much to my parents dismay, am charging a dispute thing from my credit card company, world retail store have not responded to my mails(3),, bunch of fraud people,, man what else should i do,, help me out.
Gi
  20th of Feb, 2008
After realizing I had been had by Mr. Verdon, I disputed the charge with my credit card company and my account was temporarily credited. They are going to review my claim, and said they had contacted the merchant's bank of deposit for further clarification of this "matter", and that they would contact me to share any additional information they have gathered, but that it will take 40 days as that is the time period they give the merchant's bank to respond. In the meanwhile, I received an email from Australia's Office of Fair Trading, saying they tried to contact Open Media Pty Ltd by email, tel. and writing and received no response from Mr. Verdon either. This group doesn't seem to have the legal clout to prosecute, and told me to contact the Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal (www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/cttt.html), which I will do. I want to see Mr. Verdon prosecuted and behind bars and get my money back!
Pe
  16th of May, 2008
I ordered a book, my account was debited, I've not received the book, nor any reply to my emails. Don't do business with them!!!
Kr
  6th of Jun, 2008
Only found this site after money was taken out of account by open media pty ltd, rang SYDNEY number but of course got answering machine, not happy.

Hopefully he will end up exposed on Aussie tv shows like A current Affair or TODAY TONIGHT.if he hasnt allready.Guess i will try Gillians approach to my bank and see what happens.

KRACKA.

New South Wales
Australia
Phone: not available
netstore.com.au

Purchased perfume and paid via Paypal, after waiting a reasonable length of time made 2 email attempts and then another and a fax as well, no-one will repsond and tell me where the goods are, after reading all the comments on this website I now find i've been HAD! I don't care about the money lost but will now do all I can to try and get these rip-off merchants busted for conning so many people!
Ma
  2nd of Jul, 2008
Hello all, I'm one more. I've placed an order on may 25, 2007 and nothing happened. No book, no answer, no refund, no nothing. I reported it to my bank and they're also investigating. I hope someone can found an answer. I will file a complaint in the FBI site.
Ma
  6th of Jul, 2008
I too have been ripped off and the nerve of this company is that they have again charged my credit card again now in July, 2008. I ordered perfume from this company in March, 2007 - they never delivered - after numerous e-mails and trying to call the company, there was never any response after I left messages on their answering machine. They charged my credit card and am still trying to fight the charge with no success. And now, they have charged my credit card again more than a year later with no order ever given!!! Something has to be done about this company because they are still ripping people off...
El
  10th of Jul, 2008
OMG! I was Just about to order a La Mer creme from them, it cost $180+ (retails is $220) so i "thought" i was getting a deal.. OMG Thank you ALLL for your warnings!!! or I would have been out ALOT of $$$$
M7
  16th of Aug, 2009
did PAY PAL refund your money?