[Resolved] Netspend / unauthorized transaction dispute

Do not go to netspend. This is a bogus bank that charges fees on all transactions. This company is not loyal to customers and the customer service sucks. I filed a dispute that they have been giving me bad information about plus now they refuse to give me a provisional credit and are saying that it will take 2 to 4 months to return my money. They do not honor what they tell customers. It went from 10 days to 2—4 months. I have never known a bank to take that long in securing a dispute for their customers!! You have been warned... They will charge you for everything but when it comes to filing a dispute, they suck!! Do not trust them with your money!!

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2013

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with your dispute.

We understand that the dispute process can take some time. However, we can assure you that we will do everything we can to assist you with getting these funds returned.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

NetSpend

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 22, 2017

Your review has been sent to our customer response team and they should be in touch within 24 hours. If you do not hear from us, please email social@netspend.com so we can assist you.
    Best,

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 24, 2017

Hello,
    It is our understanding that this issue has already been addressed.
    Please email social@netspend.com if you would like to submit this review again.

Thanks,

Bc
Oct 15, 2013

Comments

• Al
      15th of Oct, 2013

I agree 100% I used to have them back in like 2008 and their fees were so high that I dropped them very quickly!! They are nothing but fees.I have American Express prepaid now and the only (ONLY) fee they charge is a ATM withdrawal, which you get one free every month. I love them to death! NetSpend is a scam.

• Al
      17th of Oct, 2013

What dispute?? I only responded back with my experience with NetSpend when I had them. I never mentioned nothing about no dispute.

24th of Feb, 2015

i have a dispute for that on feb 3 2015 i sent a compannie my money in good faith they would send me my product but never recived anything in mail or e-mail .i was told it would take 10 days after i filed my claim now i was toal to go to site to file it? i dont understand this if im a loyal customer then i should be given back my money its a $124.00 sent to( KOFITUAF) a fake customer that took my money at a site. now after this letter i pray that this does not happen to anyone else that has to go trough all this to get repaid ive had other cards and took 2 to 3 days to win why so long for you guys to come whit a jugment...Calebja45@gmail.com or 6204234045 contact me in the matter...thank you.caleb jackson

24th of Feb, 2015

#9015169258 was the number to file my case thnk you...

• Pe
      8th of Apr, 2015

NetSpend has done NOTHING to resolve my disputed transaction. When I filed I was told 10 days, when 10 days passed and I inquired, I was then told 45 days. As 45 days came to a close, when I contacted NetSpend to check the status, I was told the 45 days wasn't up for another month. I'm not a ### and I know how to count...they were hoping I'd forget about it? Not for that amount of money. Even when I offered copies/screenshots to help their *investigation*...they didn't want the help. Why? They don't want to give people their money back. And this is a DEBIT card...not a credit card. The money already belongs to me.

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2015

They closed my account when I filed a dispute. Now I can't call them and when I email customer service they tell me 'too bad, sorry about your luck'. They basically stole over 200 dollars from me that I'll never get back.

7th of Jan, 2016

On yesterday I received an alert on my phone for a charge from a U-Haul location in Jacksonville, Fl. I was at work and received a alert for the amount of $214.00. I do not have an account with you U-Haul and have not been to a U-Haul location the past 3-4 years. I do not know how the U-Haul company get to charge my account for something that I have know knowledge of. I have bills to pay which I will be late paying if this matter is not resolve promptly. Thank you in advance for your concern in this matter. Mario Adkins Reference # 7382358729

26th of Mar, 2016

I did not give 24hr fitness permission to take money out of my account 160 dollar it was wrong for them to do thati need my money got bills to pay thank u ms Mary Edwards #2673378

14th of Apr, 2016

I Jamal Coley never gave this site fdyrslflv.com to take money from out of my account on 4/13/2016 for $ 39.99, 4/7/2016 for $ 2.50, 4/9/2016 for $ 2.50, 4/11/2016 for $ 2.50, 4/13/2016 for $ 2.50 and on 4/15/2016 for another $ 2.50. I would like the credit of the amount of $ 49.99. Thank you for your time and assistance with this matter at hand.

Jamal Coley

• Gf
      3rd of May, 2016

Hello i am also having problems with netspend. I basically gave up trying to get my $840 back from netspend. Back in February of 2016 I went to Microcenter to purchase some computer parts. I gave the cashier my netspend card and he told me there was insufficient funds in my account. I was shocked and immediately called netspend to find out what was going on. The lady said my card was used in Downey, CA and also in Hollywood, CA. How is this possible that someone used my card at an ATM in those locations when i have not been to those locations in years and when i was there i did not even have a netspend account. She had me open a dispute claim. She assured me i would get my money back if i was not the person who made those transactions. I got an email to send netspend any information i had that could be of help in the investigation. I sent them everything i could have at the time. I sent them all the disputed transactions. i sent them police report information. Photo I.D... This all was not enough. They didnt give my money back. not only did they not give the money back, they said that the investigation could go on for 2-3 months and if it were to take that long they would issue me a temporary credit. Netspend didnt issue me anything. Actually they closed the Dispute claim within 10 days of the investigation saying that. Oh look here is what they sent me. Read below.

From : Netspend dispute team.

We made a final determination regarding the possible error(s) made with your card. Based on the information and facts obtained during our investigation, we do not find that an error occurred. Your dispute claim has been closed with no credit.

We did not find that an error occurred because the facts of our investigation suggest that you authorized and/ or benefited from the transaction(s) in question based on the following findings:

The PIN transactions being disputed are consistent with your previous account activity, such as the merchants shopped and their physical locations. Additionally, our records show that the PIN was not changed prior to the period of unauthorized usage.

Haha. Never use this bank. They are complete garbage and any other bank would have returned my money back to my account the same day it happened. NEVER USE NETSPEND. THEY ARE SCAM.

• Tu
      26th of May, 2016

I was a Netspend customer for about six years and never had a problem until 5/17/16. I received a text alert regarding a transaction in the amount of $91.44 at a Walgreens store in Framingham, MA. I live in Connecticut and had never been to Framingham, MA. Not to mention that my card was in my wallet and on my person at the time of this fraudulent transaction. I quickly called Netspend and cancelled the card. The representative was rude and showed no empathy for the situation at hand. I was told that I had to go online and file a dispute, and that it would take ten days to process. The representative also told me that Walgreens needs to issue my money back. I asked the representative for a provisional credit and was told that Netspend doesn't give provisional credits. I then tracked down the Walgreens store from the location code located in the Netspend alert and spoke with the store manager over the phone. She located the transaction and found that the person who made the transaction used five different credit cards (three of which were declined). The manager even went as far as reviewing the video footage, and describing the person who made the purchase. I then drove to the Framingham police department (about an hour and 45 minutes away) on the following Saturday to file a police report. The gas alone was $50. I then submitted all of this information to Netspend, who still refuses to give me my money back. I've finally come to the conclusion that I won't be getting my money back. I've filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the Attorney General, and the Better Business Bureau. I've also changed my direct deposit over to my credit union. The only reason I ever used Netspend was because my direct deposit would come in on Wednesdays instead of on Friday. This company is not trustworthy. Keep your money and personal information away from Netspend. Somewhere down the line, it will cost you.

5th of Sep, 2016

Reference Number 3559 311 814
    Claim Number 2917 580
    I Calixte Guerrier did not authorize the Merchant to withdraw any monthly fees from my Ace Account. I called that fraud activities. Therefore I want my money back to my debit account. Thank you
    Sign Calixte Guerrier
    Email calixte892@yahoo.com

4th of Oct, 2016

This is Jack Delain and Im trying to dispute a transacting that was cash taking off my with my say so . Ref#7001565685 $49.95 Case#2967086 Tranaction 10/4/2016 My# 470-548-2521

• Ra
      17th of Oct, 2016

My name is Miranda Marshall. I am currently disputing a claim, reference # 5516558476, Claim1#2983144 Claim22983165. In the middle of last month which was September there were 3 transactions made on my card that I did not approve. I am only concerned with the Auto Zone transaction and the withdrawal of a $100 from a convenient store made shortly after on the same day. I am aware of who did it but I did report that their use of my card was not was not given through my permission nor authorization.

• Dj
      26th of Oct, 2016

I recently submitted a dispute about a bogus $300 charge from budget truck rentals and have not heard anything yet. I would continue to be a customer if my money is promptly returned, but if that $300 is worth losing a customer then u can have it and i will just use another company! Please resolve claim#2989227...ref#4514690298...merchant 422-69 budget truck rentals of Phenix city, Al.

27th of Oct, 2016

27th of Oct, 2016

I used my card at circle k at 845 am that is the only time i used my card my money dont load on my card until 8 am i notice it was missing around 2 or 3pm n i need my money that i work hard for my claim number 3009876. RF number257057772

• Mh
      4th of Dec, 2016

Netspend sux!!! There customer service is never in english, they love to hang up on you. There was a charge on my card that i did not make of course it was all the money i had on the card with an additional 1.88 to put me in overdrawn land. I called the customer line and they told me they had to wait till the transaction went through and the money was taken out to complete a transaction dispute. Rufkm? Stop the transaction. I did not make purchase im not in raliegh nor have i ever been. Give me my money back. No. The transaction dispute they were supposed to file they never did after i called back 10 days later they said they would file transaction dispute that it would take 10 more days... Which they will never file. They find ways to steal your money and get away with it. Do not trust them with your money they will steal it from you when you need it the most merry christmas netspend enjoy my money>>>>>>>>>

• Br
      10th of Dec, 2016

I have had a Netspend account since Nov. 2007 with no major problems. Recently I noticed that $163.00 was taken from my account which was not authorized. I reported this to Netspend as well as the police and the bank which had the ATM used for the withdrawal. I had never been to that ATM as it as on the other side of town and it happened at 4:55 am. I submitted everything requested to Netspend and within two days I had my $163.00 credited back to me. Then yesterday Netspend yanked the $163.00 out of my account - causing a Citi bank payment for $100 to be returned. I called the fraud division back. I am not allowed to talk to anyone there. I must wait 48 hours to get a response. The only thing I learned was that the person who stole the money used my Pin no. That could be a lot of people but I was told I can't see the video footage of the drive thru ATM because only the police or Netspend can request it from the bank and both declined to do so. I feel like I have been robbed twice!! I have researched the Consumer Financial Protective Bureau and the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). You cannot be held responsible for more than $50 if you report this within two days (which I did) but the longer you wait the bigger your liability. ALWAYS FILE A DISPUTE and/or take them to court. You could get up to $1000! They must investigate your dispute or they can be fined and they must give you notice of their findings WHICH THEY DID NOT DO BEFORE JERKING MY $163 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I was a paralegal for 25 years and I will sue the bas****ards!

5th of Mar, 2017

@Brenda Mayo Im in the same situation how do we sue them

• Ki
      4th of Feb, 2017

Claim #3173435 My Name Ms. Levy Thursday, January 26, 17 I Got On The Bus Number 8 Going To Pay Some Bills! I Normally Have My Netspend Card In My Purse! I Transfer To Bus 42 Got Off On Elvis Presley To Metro PCS ! When I Got In The Cellphone Place I Forgot My Purse On The Bus! I Tried To Retrace My Steps The Bus Was Gone! Couldn't Pay My Rent And Light Bill! When I Got Home It Was Unauthorized Transactions On My Account! Someone Withdrawal Money From My Account Without Permission! I Want Refund Back! Reference #5150369443!

• Ne