NetSpend / I am being charged 10.00 a month and cannot use my card. the balance is very low now and I need a refund of my $50.00 back.

United States, Oklahoma, Tulsa Review updated:
3727 N. Quaker Ave.
Phone: (918)-770-9647
Back in the month of february, I applied for a netspend visa card. I have always had a netspend card since the first time they came out. I put $50.00 on the card, because I knew that someday soon, I would actually need the money. Well, the time is way past, and I need my $50.00 now more than ever. I signed up for the unlimited use program and am currently blocked from using my card. Due to suspected identity theft, my entire name has changed. I sent them information twice concerning my identity, including an old out of state driver's license in the month of february. I contacted them, again in the months of february and this month as well. I no longer drive, so I now have a regular security i. D. That information was faxed this month.
Now, they want old information when I did drive. Look, i'm too damn poor to play these assinine games. I graduated from being homeless last year to having my own apartment. My foodstamps, as of today I no longer get. So, I do need that last $50.00 to eat on and whatever. I refuse to go to the church places that feed the homeless anymore. The environment is not a really cheery-like place. I need my $50.00 now. Please help. Because of their monthly charges, my balance is now $0.00 and have never used the card, yet. Nor have I even been sent my permanent one.

A  1st of Jun, 2009 by
I was declined using the NetSpend card in conjunction with my PayPal account for an eBay purchase. I have only had the card since December 2008. The dialog box stated in red that my card had expired, but I had just checked, and the balance was sufficient to cover the charge. The agreement states the service charge is waived if there is current monthly activity, but they are still charging me $5.95 a month to have the card. I have canceled my account and requested a payment for the balance, minus a $5.95 service charge. I will never use their service again.
N  27th of Jun, 2009 by
When you opted in to unlimited use, you also opted in to a 9.95 a month fee.

I doubt you will see your fifty dollars back, putting the money in a savings account or hiding it under your pillow would have been smarter.

Also, to the other person, are you sure you read it correctly? it states there will be no monthly charge if credits/debits are made and the account balance is checked. If you can prove you did both, then you should be able to get your refund back. I know the way they phrase it on the website leads you to believe it can be one or the other but I have a sneaky suspicion its both.

Because really, tha'ts how most of these cards work.

NetSpend Corporation Logo NetSpend Corporation