[Resolved] Netspend / holding tax refund hostage!
Completed my tax return with turbotax on February 2nd. I chose the option to receive my return on a card provided by Netspend. The money was deposited on the card from the IRS on February 13th. When I tried to activate the card, Netspend said that there is a block on the card, and to FAX my ID, SS card, and a utility bill. I did twice and was told that the FAX wasn't clear enough. I was then told that my money was returned back to the IRS. I'm very worried that I will never get my money. I suggest we all do something about this because this very unfair
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 25, 2013
We apologize for the block placed on your account. We can assure you that this is only meant for your protection.
Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.
NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Apr 12, 2013
We apologize that the wrong account number was provided for your tax refund.
Unfortunately, if a deposit is sent to an account that does not exsist, it will automatically be returned back to the sender. If you have your trace number, please email this to [protected]@netspend.com and we will look into this for you.
More Netspend Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend is so messed up! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - irs refund direct deposit do not do!! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - account locked 
- [Resolved] Netspend - unauthorized transaction dispute 
- [Resolved] Netspend Prepaid Visa Credit Card - nothing but embarrassment and severe inconvenience! 
- Netspend Corporation - prepaid card
- Netspend - do not use them 
- Netspend - complaints 
- Netspend Corporation - money deposited but I have not gotten it. 
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend card