Netspend / account locked for no reason
I'm extremely pissed.I filed my taxes through turbo tax, and chose the option of having my tax return deposited to my pre paid card from this company.
As soon as my card arrived in the mail, I attempted to activate it. For some "MYSTERIOUS" reason, my account locked up, blocking me from having access to my own money. I called customer service, and oh those reps are just pathetic and useless. They could barely speak clear English!
They said it happened for security reasons. I say what should I do? They instructed me to send in my documents i.e SS card, state I.D, W-2 form, to verify who I am and proof of residency. So I did exactly that.
I called back the next day, and they told me they didn't see my residential address on my w-2 form when it was clearly on their in like 5 different spots. And they wanted to see a date on it, but my w-2 form doesn't have a date located on it. So they told me to resend it, once again. Hopefully they won't give me the run around again next time I call up there.
JUST ACTIVATE MY *** ACCOUNT ALREADY!!! My patience is running thin. I followed their instructions and now they're just making this flat out incredibly difficult for me. PISSED!
I won't recommend this company to anyone! As soon as I withdraw my tax return, I'm throwing away my card and filing a customer complaint. Never again Netspend!
We're over before we ever began.Good riddance.
More Netspend Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend is so messed up! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - irs refund direct deposit do not do!! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - unauthorized transaction dispute 
- [Resolved] Netspend - account locked 
- Skylight Financial - poor customer service/high fees 
- Netspend Corporation - debit transaction and nobody knows where my $2250.00 social security check is
- Netspend Corporation - prepaid netspend card
- Netspend Corporation - won't let me use the money I put on new card
- Netspend Corporation - reloadable visa debit card
- Netspend Corporation - account locked card is denied and keeps telling me it's after hour