Netspan Group testing material / Rip-off

1 4600 N. Royal Atlanta Drive Ste. 103Tucker, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-914-1197

Found out material they are selling can be found for free elswhere. When I told them I wanted a refund they said to send material back and 7 or so days later they would refund the money. That was over a month ago. I have heard all different manner of excuses but no supervisor is ever available and never do they return messages. The customer service is terrible and further investigation into their company revealed hundreds of dissatisfied customers. Do not under any circumstance give them your credit card number!!!

Comments

• Me
      7th of May, 2009

This is totally true! I never gave them my cc# but asked a lot of questions and came out with that there were NO local job positions and that whether they get you a job or not you are out the fee. They ended up rudely hanging up on me when I asked why they would advertise in our local paper's online classifieds if there was no actual jobs. It is sad that all these agencies are preying on the unemployed just trying to find a decent job to survive!

22nd of May, 2009

Netspan Group has been in operations for 3 years and has sold over 50, 000 satisfied customers. Netspan Group is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the U.S. Postal Service or any other local, state, or government agency. We make no guarantee of when the U.S Postal Service will offer the exam in your area, nor do we guarantee that you will get a job. In order to be considered for employment with the U.S. Postal Service, all applicants must first enroll for, then pass the Postal Battery Exam with a score of 70% or higher. Passing the Postal Battery Exam is required to be placed on the list of qualified candidates for a position.

As an applicant, you are only allowed to take the exam once in a calendar year, so it is very important that you prepare for the exam in advance. Our enrollment package will help you score higher guaranteed. This statement is backed by our refund policy.

Sounds like just a case of buyers remorse!

22nd of May, 2009

Then that settles it, Netspan Group has been scamming people for 3+ years. You have no better chance at getting a job with the US Postal Service by using Netspans services. The "enrollment package" they offer for studying can be found at your local library in the form of a book, for FREE. Finding out when and where the US Postal Service is giving exams or hiring can be found on USPS.com, again for FREE. No matter what it's up to you to study for the exam to get the better grade - and that's a guarantee. The question is are you going to pay a hefty fee or do a little leg work yourself.
    NetSpan Group advertises nationwide in papers (and likewise) that US Postal jobs are open in a particular area - their advertisements are VERY misleading. They get you to call and dazzle you with the salaries and benefits that the US Postal Service offers it's employees to make you feel good about the purchase and not question the process. They bank on you not being more curious or self reliant.

28th of May, 2009

It is absolutely not true that you can get our products for FREE from the post office. Go pick up your free stuff and compare it to our product. I bet you 110% that they are completely different. Maybe you should visit our website and READ before making accusations that are completely false!

28th of May, 2009

I am telling you, you can get STUDY material for the test at most local LIBRARIES for FREE, there are may authors out there with books to help you pass with flying colors. I am not saying they are the "same" materials I am saying there are other ways of studying other than paying high dollar for it! AND you may want to visit the USPS website and see for yourself that they tell you WHEN and WHERE the jobs and exams are, for FREE. Why pay some HUGE fee for something if you can do it for yourself with minimal effort??? And why would our local paper change the wording on your ad if it wasn't misleading??? And then apologize for it on top! And my personal experience with your rep backs up my "accusations" 110%. The minute she knew she couldn't tell me if there were actual jobs in my area or sell me your product she hang up on me by slammig the phone down. And I am sure the product you are selling is great for a lot of people, it's your marketing that's unethical.

29th of May, 2009

You are entitled to your opinion. Being unethical is your opinion, but it is not illegal. Heck, Walmart does unethical advertising, do you still shop their. I wish you luck in whatever you do, but we have better things to do than argue with 1 person. We have customer's to help. Tootaloo...

29th of May, 2009

The original customer chrishabern (CHRISTOPHER R HABERN) was issued a credit for the full amount on 05/06/2009 TRANSACTION ID 959589521. We were simply waiting for him to ship our product back so it is not our fault the refund took that long.

In regards to your accusations about hundreds of dissatisfied customers, please supply us with documented proof. Without it, you are making false accusations and could be used against you in a court of law.

29th of May, 2009

I guess that is one of our biggest problems in the business world - A company see’s an opportunity to make money hand over fist and their advertising is the key to the products potential but at what or who’s expense do they consider? And even though it’s not ethical it’s still not illegal so why not? Those ethical kinds of questions and the decisions made about them are what divide exceptional companies from the ladder. In these hard economic times it is most important for companies to have strong ethical values in all aspects of their business practices.
    Customer service should be every company’s top priority. And that ONE customer or potential customer should always be important and treated professionally and with respect no matter the situation (or difference in opinion).

I just hope your employer shares the same outlook on the views you have been posting for them.

• Ru
      13th of Jul, 2009

Beware Netspan Group is defiantly a fraud. I purchased the Postal Exams preparation kit in 6/2008. There were never any exams in my aria. I saved all the materials and called the company for my refund on 5/2009. I was told that I need to call after 6/22/09. That’s when my one year will be up and they can discuss the return with me. I called again 7/13/09 just to hear “we cannot process your refund, you should have called before 6/20/09.” I asked for a supervisor and was told that they will have to take a message. I asked for the supervisor’s supervisor and was told that that’s where it stops. The only thing I can do is leave a message for the supervisor and wait for them to call me back. I plan to post this message anywhere, I can. In addition, I plan to contact BBB. Shame on Netspan Group!
    Rumiana Cochran

• Tk
      15th of Oct, 2009

Netspan Group, your response speaks for itself, very unprofessional. I am one of the hundreds of dissatisfied customers and I challenge you to provide just one of your alleged 50, 000 satisfied customers! You do not honor your refund policy and your customer service just runs people around in circles, adding requirements that are not stated up front and are only designed to keep from honoring your so called 'guarantee'. No, you do not guarantee placement (although you do imply things that you cannot deliver on, however you did say that I could return the materials to you if I was not able to take the Postal Exam within 12 months. When I called after the 12 months were up and I had not been able to take the exam after trying for a year, you said I was too late and the refund policy was no longer in effect. Clearly your so called refund policy is not geared for customer satisfaction, but in fact is designed to keep people from getting their money back. Your company is nothing more than a front for a small time scam operation that preys on those who are most vulnerable. I guess I will chalk my $100 up to experience and just hope to alert others before they make the same mistake. May God repay you for those you have cheated.

• Mr
      16th of Oct, 2009

I just called earlier today and now that I came across this, I'm calling tomorrow to not process the application. They were going to charge my debit card next week friday on the 23rd of October so I still have some time to cancel. Praise the lord for the internet, $119 + $20 of tax and shipping and handling is too much when you're unemployed looking for a stable job.

• Tk
      17th of Oct, 2009

Mr. valcarcel, you are precisely the kind of person that I hope to help avoid this scam. I have pretty much written off the fact that I will not get my money back, however I have a stable job and am not in the position of many who are being suckered into this. At the time I bought their package, I was considering a buyout from Ford Motor Company and I was looking at my options, since I really wasn't ready for retirement. Although they will deny it, they do lead people to believe that their are Postal Service jobs available, why else would anyone buy their materials? There are no openings except for temporary part time work for which no testing is required. As I stated, they will no longer even offer a refund if you are not able to take the test, that way they don't have to lie and make up excuses as to why you are not eligible for a refund. It is people like you who are hurting in this economy and trying to make ends meet, people who are trying to get back on their feet, that can ill afford to lose this money. If I thought it would help, I would send you my package for the price of shipping, but trust me it is not even worth that much. A word of friendly advice, DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! I would call my credit card company and make sure they are aware that under no circumstances are they to accept charges from these people, and that you are not going to be responsible if they do. Give them all of the information about this company, the package, etc. and tell them that you canceled your order and nothing has been sent. I think in just about every state you have the right to cancel within three business days, so there should be no question about it. I feel better knowing that I am helping to keep those who are most vulnerable from being sucked into their trap, and I encourage you to do the same. I know this company offers other testing materials besides the Postal Battery Exam, but based on my experience and that of others, I would not trust them period. Any legitimate company that has good products that consumers want and value will have a refund policy that is consumer friendly because they have nothing to hide. I will put you on my prayer list and pray that God will help you find meaningful work. God bless you and your family.

• St
      23rd of Oct, 2009

Regarding Netspan, I'm simply trying to get a refund as I was unable to take a test in my area. In writing, Netspan promises that "your refund will be processed within 7 business days of receipt of the package and accompanying documentation." They received my completed package on August 3. I called on October 18 and was told refunds were "at a standstill."

Still waiting for my $99.50 and will send a complaint to BBB and state Attorney General.
    I hope I'm wrong about this company and get my money back!

4th of Dec, 2009

I too fell for this netspan scam crap! I sent my package back awhile ago and they told me as soon as they receive it I will be issued a refund. I have been trying to call the customer service number and it so happens that I cant get through!! Its just a fast busy signal, it seems they have moved on. Bunch of crooks!!! Hey, what comes around goes around. The number I have been trying to call is 1-800-914-1197.

4th of Dec, 2009

Hey netspan, why cant i get through to ur customer service? huh? All of a sudden i cant get through. I want my refund of 119.45. My conf # was 2009133 for my order. U people should be ashamed of yourselves! There are people out there out of work just looking for anything and something likes this comes along and they grab it, not knowing that u are a SCAM!!! U will get yours.

• Ms
      15th of Dec, 2009

I recently "got took" by Netspan Group. I ordered the material on November 23rd and was told I'd receive the material in 7 business days. It is now December 15th and I have received nothing. I tried to call the customer service number 1-800-914-1197 and just like mamajazz stated, its just a fast busy signal. I went to the website netspangroup.com and postalbatteryexam.com and it says WEBSITE SHUTDOWN. I guess they really ahved moved on to a new hunting ground. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges and they are issuing me a credit for the 119.45 and 19.95 shipping & handling, Thank GOD! Never again will I pay to get a job. BEWARE OF NETSPAN GROUP!!!

• Su
      17th of Dec, 2009

This is very bad. These mad people had been dupe american citizens for the past three years and nobody noticed it until recent. I myself felt into the hands of these crooks.I paid $109.50 in July this year to take USPS exam, up to this moment, I have neither taken any exam nor find any available job for my area. This is too bad.

• Wo
      26th of Feb, 2010

We too have been riped by this company netspan group. The number and websites have been shut down. My girlfriend has been tryin for the last 4 months to contact someone and there is no one to contact they rip you off and dont care about you anymore. If anyone has any updates on what to do to get our money back please email us at wolverineparadise@yahoo.com

• Oh
      14th of Apr, 2010

Among the rest of you, I was also a victim. When you see an ad in your local paper that says, "Post office jobs available!", you assume that those jobs are in YOUR area. And you also think it's actually the government/ post office posting that ad. Definitely not the case. This packet served me no good, for I never saw an exam date to sign up for. I did, however, get an interview for a job. That interview was conducted without taking ANY exam, and therefore using NONE of that package. Unfortunately, I didn't get a job. And guess what, now that I plan on getting a refund...800.914.1197 is disconnected! If I never get a refund, I do at least see this as a life lesson. Good luck to the rest of you finding jobs. Times will get better.

• Du
      26th of Apr, 2010

I am also among the victims. After ordering the product over a year ago and realizing it was completely useless, I applied for and was turned down for a position with my local post office. I provided all of the information back to netspan to get my money back. After LOTS of phone calls, I was finally able to get my refund number. I sent all my materials back with return receipt and never heard from them again. After a month or so, I called to find out where my refund was. I was told I would have it within a few weeks. Now it is 6 months later and I know you will all be surprised to hear I am still waiting. The phone number I have is no longer in service. How anybody can claim that this is a legitimate business, I will never understand!

I read 50, 000 satisfied customers in 3 years. I would love to hear from even one of them. BEWARE of NETSPAN!!! A bunch of unethical liars and thieves as far as I am concerned!!!