Netspan Group / Scam

1 San Angelo, TX, United States Review updated:

I saw an ad in the local classifieds about immediate postal job openings and to call this toll free number. I called it and got suckered into buying the packet of information (for about $100) and, come to find out, there arent even any jobs open or testing dates open in the San Angelo, TX area. I am very upset and feel that I was taken.

Comments

• Ne
      2nd of Jun, 2009

In regards to this customer complaint, please feel fee to contact our customer service department at 1-800-914-1197. All of our terms and conditions are clearly stated on our website www.netspangroup.com

• Ru
      13th of Jul, 2009

Beware Netspan Group is defiantly a fraud. I purchased the Postal Exams preparation kit in 6/2008. There were never any exams in my aria. I saved all the materials and called the company for my refund on 5/2009. I was told that I need to call after 6/22/09. That’s when my one year will be up and they can discuss the return with me. I called again 7/13/09 just to hear “we cannot process your refund, you should have called before 6/20/09.” I asked for a supervisor and was told that they will have to take a message. I asked for the supervisor’s supervisor and was told that that’s where it stops. The only thing I can do is leave a message for the supervisor and wait for them to call me back. I plan to post this message anywhere, I can. In addition, I plan to contact BBB. Shame on Netspan Group!
    Rumiana

• Mo
      28th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me I feel so cheated. I wish there was something I could do so this company will realize that they shouldn't be cheating people.

• Tk
      15th of Oct, 2009

BEWARE OF NETSPAN GROUP--YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Here is my experience with these scammers. I purchased their packet in May of 2008 and signed up for the Postal Exam through their website. I then received a letter from the Postal Service in the spring of 2009 informing me that I was taken off the list to take the test because they were changing to a new process for applications. When I received my materials, Netspan Group's refund policy simply stated that if you took the test and scored less than 70%, OR were not able to take the test within 12 months of receiving their packet, they would refund the purchase price. The way they got around this was that if you called before the 12 months were up, they told you to call back. When you call after the 12 months are up, they tell you the refund is only valid for 12 months, which is clearly NOT stated in their policy. I see that their current policy (they seem to change it often) only offers a refund if you don't score at least a 70% on the test, so that just means they don't have to keep track of their lies. You won't be eligible for a refund because you won't be able to get scheduled for the exam. I know, I've tried. Their website simply links you to the USPS site where you will see that the only openings are for temporary fill in people for less than half the rate of regular workers. I've not heard of anyone who has been successful in receiving a refund from these people. I think they only have one customer service person who claims she is also the manager, since every time I called I spoke with the same person who claimed to be MS DOTSON. The first time I called she claimed their computer system was down, the second time she claimed that their records showed I had purchased in May 2009. I went to my CC company's site and retrieved the statement showing I had purchased in May 2008, but when I called back MS DOTSON claimed that I was beyond the 12 months so I would not be eligible for a refund. Here is what my refund policy states so you be the judge:

1: YOU MUST HAVE BEEN WILLING TO TAKE EXAM 460, 473, OR 473-C.
    2: THERE HAS NOT BEEN TESTING SCHEDULED AT A SITE WITHIN A 100 MILE RADIUS OF YOUR HOME WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF YOUR PURCHASE.

IF THE PROPER CRITERIA HAVE BEEN MET, YOUR REFUND WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS OF RECEIPT OF THE PACKAGE AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION.

As you can see, their is no mention of when this policy expires. Other people have been deceived by this policy, but actually it's very simple. If you call before you are too early, and if you call after you are too late, AND the best part is they will change the date based on when you call. Brilliantly deceptive. For me it is the first time I've been scammed, but it certainly could have been worse. I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and I will be more skeptical and cautious in the future. I only hope to warn others who may actually be hurt by this scheme.

T Kearney

• Va
      11th of Nov, 2009

I was looking for jobs online and came across this post office job. It said I had to pay 119 for study material and had to pay for shipping and handling. Well I was telling my family member about the post office job because I been looking for a job when I got out of the Army. I was happy because the economy is bad. She told me that she heard that no matter what you score on the test they tell you that you failed and keep your money. So I looked into it and sure enough a hand full of people was scamed from this company Netspan. Obviously I don't have much money or else I wouldnt be looking for a job. Then this happens and puts me in the hole even more. I just think these people should be sued for this. I can't believe people would do this with the economy so messed up.

• Ms
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I have been scammed as well. I purchased the packet recently, November 17, 2009. I paid $139.40 and I haven't received anything yet. I tried to call the numbers and all I get is a busy signal. I am so upset. That was money I did not have. I have been out of a job for months and I thought this would be a great opportunity. Please do not believe this Netspan Group, THEY ARE FRAUDS!!!

• Da
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I also tried this online and got scammed. I am very upset, with my last dollars going to them and losing over 130. Who do they think they are? If there is any justice, email me at scottd8001@hotmail.com. You may also visit my website for a legitimate opportunity at www.dandkfmoneyman.com. No spam please!

• Nr
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I purchased the packet as well. They said to go to their site and click on the post office tab at the top. Well, when I go to the indicated page there is nothing there... This is unbelieveable! I cant believe this happened to me. I have been out of work so long that I thought this would be a awesome opportunity for me. I wanna cyber punch someone.

• Ta
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I purchased the packet in june of 09. I did get scheduled for the test and took it and passed and had an interview with the post office for a job. they chose someone else so i did everything i was required to do to receive my refund. On their website it says it is processed within 7 to 10 business days for the refund. They received everything back on september 8th of 09. It is now december 3rd. I still have no refund. I called them every week about my refund and they kept saying refunds were done in the order they were received. So i contacted the BBB and here is the response that they gave the BBB.

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 27121672 Better Business Bureau, Inc.

Consumer's Original Complaint :
    I paid for service through netspan. I requested a refund from them and i was told that i had to send the packet back to them. I did so. They received it on september 8th. According to their website it states that it takes 7 to 10 business days for them to process the refund. It is now november 13th. and i still have not received my refund. I call them almost every weekday to try and get answers to how long it will take. All they say is it is done in the order that they are received. I believe that i have been more than patient with this company. I am hoping that you can help me to receive my refund that is due to me. I do have a copy of the tracking page showing whe they received the package from the post office if needed. Thank you. Thomas Taylor
    DesiredSettlementID: Refund

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
    I would like to have the refund in full put back on my credit card ASAP.

BBB Processing

12/01/2009 OttO BBB No response to first notice to business
    12/01/2009 OttO EMAIL Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company
    12/01/2009 OttO EMAIL Reminder of Dispute to Business
    12/03/2009 sda BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Sheila,
    A business decision was made the other day and Netspan Group has ceased operations and has closed. We had a good run for 3 years but since I was personally invested in some other business opportunities, my absence and lack of leadership the past 6 months has obviously caused these customer complaints to skyrocket.
    Marc Mansel
    12/03/2009 sda EMAIL FORWARD BUSINESS RESPONSE TO CONSUMER : Sheila,
    Marc Mansel
    12/03/2009 WEB BBB CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO BUSINESS RESPONSE : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    I would like to know about the money that they owe me. I dont think i should lose that money just because they decided to close. That isnt fair to me

4th of Dec, 2009

My husband has been out of work since April of 2009. He thought working for the USPS would be a great idea. I have been working tons of overtime just to pay bills. We scrounged up the $140.00 for this stupid packet. He kept checking online and there was never any tests in our area. Finally, my mom who works for the post office told us he didn't need that packet. My husband called and asked to get our money back and we sent back the packet. They kept promising our money by the end of October. Here it is the first part of December and still no money and now they won't answer the phone, all we get is a busy signal. We need that money!! Something has to be done about this group they have to be stopped. I need to know how to make that happen. Someone please help us!!

11th of Jan, 2010

My name is Chrystal Gulley. I purchased the Netspan Group testing package in January of 2009. Included in the package was a pamphlet indicating grounds for a refund. A person is entitled to a refund if there is no testing site within a 100 mile radius of their home within a 12 month period. As soon as I received my package, I immediately started studying. Everytime I went to the website to see if there were any testing sites in California, the website would promt "no examinations in California". I attempted to collect my refund by contacting the company, and not only is the number disconnected, but the website no longer exist. This is ridiculous! I invested my money in good faith and I was scammed, right along with everyone else. I am totally interested in taking this matter to another level. If anyone is interested, let us see how we could possibly form a class action suit against this fraudulent company.

• Dc
      14th of Jan, 2010

no refund sent no phone calls retured

• Ho
      14th of Jan, 2010

My husband and myself has been out of work for months. We need to find employment very soon or we will lose our home. We saw the ad on Career Builder and called, got the package and found no leads. We tried to get a refund because we need every penny we have. The website has been closed and the when we called the phone number it's no longer in service. We have been taken. We feel so stupid. We just needed leads so we can find work to survive these very hard times. We are with who ever wants to take legal action. We could of use the $150.00 for food. Very sad!

• Pa
      14th of Jan, 2010

I have to agree with all of you; I purchased the packet as well through Netspan group in 9/2009 since I've been out of work since June. I paid 139.40 and spoke with Melissa Colton, in which advise me if I score less than 70% I would get a refund or if I do not get a job with 6-12 mo. I believed all of it due to back in 2006 I've ordered the same packet and went to take the test and scored more than 70% and didn't get a job from them so therefore not eligible for the position. So to me this all seem to be true; unfortunatly I tried calling them now because like everybody else no positions available and no examinations in Delaware. I tried calling back the toll free number, 1-800-914-1197 & 1-800-910-9941 Melissa Colton gave me to get a refund and for days it saying "ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY PLEASE TRY AGAIN". I am going to proceed with this to a higher lever and will be willing to be part of the class action to sue this company who is taking advantage of people through rough times.

• Li
      19th of Jan, 2010

yes, I got the same problem with Pane, M . I paid 139.40 on Mar-2009, I try to call many times and the toll free number no longer available, netspan webside was close, I am very fresh in US, so I don't know what to do ...I will follow this case hope I and everyone can take bach money.

• Nu
      26th of Jan, 2010

I am very upset and feel very stupid. I paid over 100 bux for this packet last November, excitedly pursuing a job working for the postal service. But, of course there are no jobs and the phone number you call for the refund has been disconnected. Oh, and the site has been closed. I'm a student with no money, and I patiently waited for my year to expire so I could finally collect this refund I so desperately need. How do these people sleep at night? Anonymously, so we can't go after them...

• Br
      1st of Feb, 2010

I saw a ad in the paper saying there were immediate postal positions available, so I called the toll free number and they advised me that I had to pay $124 for the exam material. The packet was mailed from a company called the netspan group. So I went online to the website to sign up for the postal job and it took me directly to the usps website. There were no job openings so I called them back they advised me that the website positions are updated weekly so I have to keep checking it, but if I don't receive a position or if I fail the exam I am entitled to a refund and to call back by Feb. 20, 2010 to receive my refund. I purchased the packet on Aug. 20, 2009. I called back today, the phone number no longer exist and the website is closed. I have 4 children, I can't afford to throw away money. This has taken away from my family and I just can't understand how people can get away with this.

3rd of Feb, 2010

They did the same thing to me. How can I get my money back.

Maurice, www.slickandmurph@ymail.com

• Ne
      16th of Dec, 2010

I worked for Netspan Group...a couple of years ago..when it was still operating...I hated selling this packet to you people...because deep inside...I knew it was a scam(sorry)...But they were paying their employee's $15 an hour...so I had to get that money...ya diggg...but I hated scamming people...but my kids gotta eat...Plus you guys should be smarter than that...WHO PAYS 140 DOLLARS FOR A JOB/POSTAL TEST?????...YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW THAT IS FREE...SORRY