NetOpus.net / Tricked by netopus.net

About a day or so after I switched my long distance phone carrier from paetec to verizon I got a call from an Indian national speaking english that I could hardly understand. He seemed to be saying that this was a routine followup call to validate the long distance service switch to verizon. He got very upset with my questioning him. He then said my validation needed to be recorded and put me on the line with another Indian that I could barely understand. So I finally said yes to what I thought was a switch to verizon. About a week later I got a letter from netopus.net congratulating me for signing up for their $34.95 per month web hosting service! I immediately faxed them back a refusal and also copied the local sheriff's dept(the Walnut Sheriffs Dept. FAX [protected]). I will also call verizon to make sure that their bills do not appear on my tel. bill. Finally, I am revising my formerly liberal position on immigration.

More NetOpus.net Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lu
      14th of Mar, 2007
    NetOpus.net - Yellow pages?

It seems like these guys are trained to lie to you right off the bat claiming that they are with 'your local yellow pages'.

They need you on a recording saying that you are the owner/manager of a company and that you verify your business name and address. Note that there are 2 complaints under netopus and 5 under netopus.net as of 3/14/2007.

• Cu
      4th of Apr, 2007

About a day or so after I switched my long distance phone carrier from paetec to verizon I got a call from an useless AMERICAN speaking english like fast food that I could hardly understand. He seemed to be saying that this was a routine followup call to validate the long distance service switch to beijing. He got very upset with my questioning him. He then said my validation needed to be recorded and put me on the line with another Indian that I could barely understand. So I finally said yes to what I thought was a switch to verizon. About a week later I got a letter from netopus.net congratulating me for signing up for their $34.95 per month web hosting service! I immediately faxed them back a refusal and also copied the local sheriff's dept(the Walnut Sheriffs Dept. FAX 909 594-3168). I will also call verizon to make sure that their bills do not appear on my tel. bill. Finally, I am revising my formerly liberal position on immigration.

• Ji
      1st of Jun, 2007

I just received my business phone bill with 2 additional charges on it. The company PaymentOne.com was billing me for NetOpus Silver Monthly Fee of 34.95, I called the number listed and immediately was greated by someone I could not understand, what I was able to understand is that they have a voice recorded authorization that I agreed to a service that I know nothing about, nor is my company even listed in their service which I looked through. This is a total scam, and I hope more people complain and get these people shut down. I will also warn the community on my blog and leave information on some additional popular blogs so other people can check their phone bills for this bogus scam.

• Co
      10th of Jul, 2009

Can't this be called FRAUD?

Our office admin just brought our Qwest phone bill to my attention and we've been getting charged $34.95 by NetOpus.net for months. NO ONE in this office has ever agreed to, heard from, or has any record of NetOpus.net.

After contacting the NetOpus.net number listed on our bill, 888-296-8076, and asking them for a record of authorization, we were told they did not have the actual bill or record in front of them and therefore could not verify anything. To dispute anything with them, we were told to fax 408-362-2790.

I then called Qwest to ask what they knew about NetOpus.net and the other company involved PaymentOne.com. They were familiar with paymentone.com, but claimed no knowledge of NetOpus. After explaining that did not authorize anything from NetOpus and had already contacted them to cancel, Qwest immediately offers a 3-month credit for the charges. When I push the point further, they agreed to credit the last 6 months (stating that is their limit).

If NetOpus cannot show any records of services authorized or even rendered, how is that not illegal to then charge $34.95/month?

Also, doesn't that make Qwest complicit in what seems to be a crime? They seem suspiciously quick to credit our account even though the bill clearly states "There is no connection between Qwest and PaymentOne.com-Spec Svcs."

So it would seem that Qwest knows something but won't, and doesn't have to, tell anyone except those that bring it to their attention. Until enough people complain and document these issues with their regional PRC, nothing will happen to these scams.