NetOpus / Charges without permission!

Had themselves listed as our long distance carrier with charges for same without permission of anyone from our company. They do no respond to e-mail and i can not reach anyone by phone.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      27th of Apr, 2007

NetOpus - did the same to me! I called verizon and the put a "Bill Block" on my phone so a company cant do this again unless they get it in writing!

• Br
      4th of Jun, 2007

I just had them bill me as well. I called 'The New AT&T' and had a bill block put on my mine so this company couldn't bill me anymore.

• Be
      25th of Sep, 2007

NetOpus.net had sneaked onto our AT&T bill for 4 months before I noticed it. Part of the reason is because it is listed under a harmless and vague heading called "The Billing Resources" (next to "AT&T Internet Service", "AT&T Long Distance Service"). The contact number listed on the AT&T bill leads to a payment processing center and a woman who has no more idea what NetOpus does except the 1 sentence description given to her. A search online found this website and few others that caused me great alarm. I found another number, 800-507-5288, which I think leads to their actual customer service center and someone who agreed to cancel my account and give me a full refund.

• Ti
      2nd of Apr, 2008

Our company just received a letter from Netopus saying that we had signed up for a free trial of their web hosting. We never signed up for this service, so we called the customer support line listed on the letter and demanded that they remove us from their billing list within 24 hours and send us written notification of the removal within 48 hours. I will see if they comply and post the results when I know more. Thank you all for voicing your comments on this company so that I was alerted to the threat before any charges had been made to my phone company.

I would also like to note that the response posted almost a year ago from Netopus saying that they will not engage in this kind of underhanded selling tactic in the future is clearly false, as an entire year after they posted it the same thing is still occurring.

3rd of Apr, 2008

damn your netopus... it sucks!!!

3rd of Apr, 2008

damn your netopus!!! it sucks!!!

3rd of Apr, 2008

damn your netopus!!...it sucks!!!