[Resolved] Netgear, Incnetgear ac 1750 model c6300 modem - router

On June 22nd my Internet would not work, after several reboot attempts I contacted my Internet Provider Spectrum and they tried with me to get internet up & running without success.The next day they sent a repair technician.
He spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get the Netgear modem- router working without success.
He said there was no way he could get the internet up and running.
He told me I either had to buy a new modem router on my own or rent one from Spectrum if I wanted internet service.
I went to Best Buy's Geek Squad and they verified what the repair tech from Spectrum said.
I then had Spectrum back and they installed a modem and router.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Jose, CA
Everything has been working perfectly.

I emailed Netgear's Sales Dept as the only contact telephone number is for support.
I sent a copy of the original sales receipt, the modem-router was purchased exactly 2 years ago.I told them that their product should definitely last more than 2 years.I'm 86 years old and my laptop does not get the usage of a younger person.
I told them that I firmly believe that they owed me at least 50 % of the original purchase price of $193.00(receipt copy sent as well .)
I also gave my name and cell number.
They have not even given me the courtesy of a call or text message.
Not a nice company.

• Resolution statement

My complaint was NOT resolved satisfactory.I was merely told that they are not the direct seller and I should have taken it back where I purchased the Netgear AC 1750 to Best Buy according to Netgear's warranty policy. The modem/ router completely broke down after only 2 years of very limited use by an 86 year old user. The refuse to acknowledge that the unit is/was faulty. Since I was able to speak to a friend of mine's nice (off the record) I was told this reply to me from Customer Service was a Direct Order from the President Patrick Lu... Be nice, say we're sorry...but No Refund. That's how Netgear stands behind poor product.

• Updated by Robert J M, Jul 16, 2018

Read the awful resolution, from Netgear.

• Updated by Robert J M, Jul 16, 2018

My complaint was NOT resolved satisfactorily.I was mere told that they are not the direct seller and I must take the modem/router back to the store where I purchased it (Best Buy) according to Netgear's warranty.No way could I do this.
    Netgear's AC 1750 broke down after 2 years of very limited use by me as I am 86 years old and spend little time each day on the internet but when I do I need it to work.
    No comment about the inferior product from Netgear.They refuse to acknowledge that the unit was faulty.Just ignored the fact.
    To make matters worse, I was able to speak to a friend of mine's nice who works at Netgear and she told me (off the record) that Customer Service was given a direct order from the President & Founder Patrick Lu of Netgear to reply, be nice, say we're sorry but Do Not give a refund.
    That's how Netgear stands behind faulty products.
    Think twice before buying Netgear's products you may have a similiar problem.

• Updated by Robert J M, Jul 18, 2018

Received call yesterday from Netgear apologizing for the long delay, etc and agreed that while they will not refund they now will replace my modem/router within 5 business days.
    If I do not receive it I'll be right back to you.

Ro