Netgear / dropped connections

On 10-16-09 I purchased NetGear WG 111 Wireless-G USB 2.0 adapter ... from the get-go it would not maintain connections to the net. Several hair-pulling technical support calls and downloads later given by speech impaired idiots ... the problems was not resolved. I went thru months of their garbage. Every time you call ... give case # ... they say a new download will resolve. .. of coarse .. it doesn't. Today [protected]) ... was told the product is now not under warranty ... I just blew-up. Told them this has been an ongoing from day 1 .. asked what they were going to do ... got the same old download will resolve. Told them I wanted a refund .. product never worked ... They of coarse won't issue a refund. I contacted the store I purchased it at ... explained the situation ... although well past the return status, they issued me a store credit .. I purchased a Belkin wireless-G (for less money than the NetGear) Lo & behold I'm up & running ... have been on for hours with no dropped connection. The bottom line ...DO NOT BUY NETGEAR products ... their service rots ... their technicians are useless ... I'm now looking for a website to join the class action lawsuit against them.

Comments

• Ca
      21st of Feb, 2010

I've never had a problem with netgear, from the PCI port wireless reciever to the bunch of netgear wireless and hardwired routers i've gotten from them. Sometimes its not the service or the downloads, but that some products are too old (when bought on discount/second hand/ebay), and newer products seemingly can't sync with older equipment or even newer stuff!

Belkin is a good second, however they have problems with the ac power adapter, as well as range cut outs.

Heres a tip, instead of calling customer service, try the plethora of "tech support" websites. I've not only been able to keep my 7 year old laptop from going belly up with custom driver upgrades from Omega Drivers, but found rare and exact downloads that not only fix my problems, but can improve future situations.

At least its not Linksys, their products are not worth the screws they put in their overpriced products.