Netflixtake 13 reasons off the air!

This show targets teens. The content is not appropriate for children!
While I understand control of the TV, smartphone, computer is mine as a parent, children do their best to thwart control. If they view it at a friends home for instance.

After my daughter finished this series, she tried cutting and started talking about suicide as a way out of the horrors of High School.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Redmond, WAMy son's Middle school principal sent out a warning to parents and community resources we can access if our children are traumatized by what the show contains:
Rape
Self-harm
Suicide ideation
Bullying
A child who succeeds at suicide - in detail and for kids to watch.
The National Association of School Psychologists state, “research shows that exposure to another person’s suicide, or to graphic or sensationalized accounts of death, can be one of the many risk factors that youth struggling with mental health conditions cite as a reason they contemplate or attempt suicide."
Shame on you Netflix. Irresponsible!
SHAME ON YOU!
SHAME ON THE PRODUCERS!
SHAME ON THE WRITERS!

As
May 03, 2017

Comments

• Gh
      May 07, 2017

Better keep your kids away from TVs, Computers, and smart phones then. God forbid they see the news and learn about real life.

May 12, 2017

At least give the parents the ability to block individual movies

May 12, 2017

Been with Netflix for at least 7 years now would like to be able to block individual movies I have teenagers that should be able to make choices as well as I am a parent and should be able to make choices

May 12, 2017

I as a parent should be able to block individual movies at my preference. I do not want to block all TV mature. I have a 15 year old that does need to make proper choices. But as a parent I should be able to make choices also. Been with Netflix over seven years would appreciate the ability has the cable companies to block individual shows.

May 12, 2017

We paid Netflix and pay cable companies and they give us the ability to block individual shows titles ect.Netflix get with it give the paying customers more control

May 12, 2017

Individual shows and titles should be able to be blocked by parent. Netflix should not decide what children get to see and do not see. Children should get to choose from the list that parents choose from.

May 12, 2017

Myself and other moms will have to cancel Netflix due to the inability to make changes. It was great when the children were younger but now we have little control. Parents should be able to control their own TV.

May 13, 2017

If you are really mad at Netflix then kick them where it counts and cancel your membership. Hulu and Amazon have better material now anyway. I only keep Netflix around for Orange is the New Black. But Amazon's original programs have far surpassed Netflix.

May 16, 2017

Someone said something about PARENTING!! I have 5 kids and I control their lives! NOT THE TV. I've been teaching them about the bad and good since they where born, if they mess up, they will go to prison or about death, I use others peoples mistakes and mines to make a point. They appreciate life and so they try harder to stay that way, they know there is going to be hard times but also good ones Now they see other kids problems within their families at school.
    I have been honest with my kids all the time, no reason to lie to them..i have no money or not feeling good, or work not good, they understand. FYI one of my kids gets bullied all the time and he can beat the living crap out of them and even myself wants to get their parents too. He knows I support him and that he actually has a way better life than those bullies and feels sorry for them.

•   May 17, 2017

Perhaps you could use this show as a way to talk to your kid. If your kid started cutting it was not this show that did it, but something in her that is screaming for help. Better get your ### off the couch and in your child's life. Shame on YOU.

Jul 19, 2017

Could have them read the bible. There's no violence or death in there