Netflix / unreasonable wait time for new (and not so new) releases

Philadelphia, United States Review updated:

Why is there such a long wait for new releases for netflix? Don't you think that since they are automatically being paid every month by charging our credit cards that they should have enough copies of these dvds to go around?? I wait months for new releases that i could rent elsewhere and ppv - - - but i think cable costs plus $18 a month for netflix fees is enough to pay out already - don't you think? Why is there such an incredibly unreasonable wait time for this??? The first 10 to 12 dvds in my queue are waiting. . . And waiting and waiting. Just get enough dvds for your customers. You've got millions of customers - why no product?

Ti

Comments

• Er
      Aug 11, 2009

I am a subscriber to NETFLIX and have never had a problem, from the time I receive a new DVD. For example, I send back the viewed movie and "wala" my new selection arrives in a day or so. I even like the damaged link on the web site, and I had a damaged DVD and another was sent out immediately.

•   Jan 05, 2019

@ericv70 Voila.

😁

• Me
      Aug 13, 2009

I also am a Netflix member and love having them. I totally understand why the wait time is so long for the new releases, who knows how many people are signed up with Netflix. They can't make everyone happy by sending out a new release as soon as it comes out! Maybe you should try getting an older movie so at least then you have something to watch, if all you have on your list are new ones. Plus I'm sure there are probably quite a few people that get the new releases and keep them, and just report them to Netflix as never received or something. Keep a variety available, older and newer movies.

Jan 05, 2019

@Melissa L Supply and demand excuse. Netflix does know which shows will have more of a demand and just do not make them available to long time subscribers, I believe they save them for new sign ups as a priority to reel them in while we wait 4 to 8 weeks plus just to get your #1 pick in your queue deliver. Netflix really wants you to fill your with 4th and 5th choices so that they can say that's want you wanted.

• Re
      Aug 13, 2009

We have had Netflix for about 3 years and have never had a problem getting new releases. It usually takes about a day for movies to arrive after we send the previous ones in, but we've never had trouble getting one just because it was a new release. Find out where the closest warehouse or distribution center is- maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe your postal carrier is borrowing your new release and watching it then resealing the envelope? Hard to say...

• Fo
      Sep 09, 2009

I've waited over a month for a new release. My queue went from "very long wait" to "long wait" to "now". When I checked to see if they sent the movie my queue for that particular movie went back to "long wait". I called customer service and received no satisfactory answer... I will cancel my membership at the end of this billing period.

• As
      Sep 16, 2009

I agree with you fully. i never receive new releases. I wait for months before I can receive a new release!

• Al
      Sep 28, 2009

Hmm. Maybe there is a longer wait time for new releases. Yes, yes, that's it, I've solved the mystery of the universe!

Nov 03, 2009

I have had Dexter Season 3 wait-listed ever since it finished on TV and have only seen one of the discs. They say "long wait" and "short wait" for the others and are sending us other DVDs in between. A friend of mine just got through with all the Dexter Season 3 DVDs and she never even wait-listed them. I'm wondering how they decide who gets served and who has to wait. It seems to me that people who wait-listed should have first priority. It's annoying.

I'm on this board because they have no capability for emailing a complaint on their site. You have to call them. I hate the phone.

I hope they're paying attention.

• Am
      Oct 20, 2010

I have had it happen to me where a movie is available for me to watch, so I move it up to the top of my queue, then all of a sudden it's back to "Short Wait". I find that absolutley obnoxious. It's happened for new movies and older movies for me. I have seriously thought about cancelling my membership and going to the blockbuster online, but I'm unsure how much better that is.

Dec 22, 2010

I checked my account today and saw that they had charged my card for something I did NOT order.

Feb 09, 2011

Pending Transactions on my business Acct.

• Ti
      Mar 03, 2011

I signed up for netflix streaming so I wouldn't have to worry about mailing back dvds and also to save money. The streaming selection is poor. Some top titles like "Twilight Eclipse" that came out last fall still are not available to stream and they are saying that the streaming is more popular? Why not a better selection of new releases for streaming verses dvd then? Some tv shows skip season 1 also so I won't know what happened the 1st year.

Apr 09, 2011

Unauthorized monthly charges of $10.77 for membership not agreed to.

• Jb
      Jun 18, 2011

they have made agreements with rental stores such as blockbuster to hold new releases to allow the rental stores a chance to make money also. cable companies, not so much. but, that is the reason why you cannot get movies that just came out on dvd until months later.
    originally, you could get them right away. they changed the policy within the last year or so.

Aug 06, 2011

Credit card still being charged after cabcelling membership

Aug 30, 2011

easy to join .how do i cancell? in netflex. 8.68 per month from [protected]@gmail.com

• Ji
      Oct 25, 2011

my account clearly shows a payment to netflex, yet they still cancel my subscription. wtf?

• Cy
      Dec 15, 2011

unauthorized charge

• Ri
      Dec 25, 2011

Unauthorized charge to my debit card

Feb 15, 2012

Please cancel my subscription

May 01, 2012

i can not log on to netflix. internal error, what is that all about

• Cl
      Aug 05, 2012

didnt order but i have a reoccurring bill on my credit card which I did not order!

•   Jan 24, 2013

Matched only by this complaint.

• Gi
      Mar 07, 2013

Care to fill us in as to why?

• Ba
      Mar 24, 2013

My DV of Argo would not play. I tried it numerous times. Please mail me one which works.

• Lo
      May 25, 2014

I just opened my movie yesterday and instead of the movie I ordered I got " Reservoir Dogs." Is this something new? I wood rather be told my movie is out of stock rather then getting junk like this..

Lowell Lonnon

Aug 09, 2014

Contact them, and ask about it.

Aug 09, 2014

Wait a few days for it to clear.

What did you agree to?

• Re
      Aug 23, 2015

True Justice With Steven Seagal Season 2 ...OLD STUFF why cant Customers get this out of Netflex after They had SEASON 1...?????