Netflix / fraud site!

1 Ephrata, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 717-738-6024

Received charges on my debit card that I did not authorize. I called the 800 number. I asked about the charges and was told that I had signed up for a monthly video subscription. I played along like I forgot all about it, managed to get an email address that was used to start the account, which I promptly passed on to the bank and police department. They called me back about 5 minutes later and wanted to know if I had just called about my account, I told them that they spoke to me, but I had called about a fraudulent account. I understand that there is an IP address that can be retrieved by the fraud investigators. I'm still waiting for my money to be returned, and watch my account daily.

Pa

Comments

• Xb
      2nd of Jan, 2010

My problem with Netfilx is that they NO LONGER accept debit cards. I have NO IDEA who thought of this mishap. Debit cards are the way to go.EVERYONE IS USING THEM! WHY? Because you CONTROL what gets taken off of your card and when. Netflix decided to NOT take debit cards back in July 2009. Netflix is doing themselves a HUGE disservice by NOT taking Pre-paid debits cards!All I can say is that there competition is going to scoop up ALOT of new business for this mistake.

• Th
      14th of Jun, 2010

I was given a gift subscription which I wasn't allowed to use because I refused to put my own credit card on file. I told them there is no legitimate reason to require my credit card on file when someone else already paid. They, of course, spouted their talking points and wouldn't shut up until I yelled at them that they couldn't hear me while they were talking. A few red flags of interest:

1. I called them four times in a week and got the same man, but he pretended to be a different man every time.

2. A credit card is required to be on file, regardless of whether you're required to pay anything. Card farming scam? Sure is.

3. They reserve the right to charge you for, what they call, "unreturned DVD's." What this means is, if they lose something in the post, you pay for it. Of course, it's not that that matters because they reserve the right to charge you anything they want any time they want.

It is against my policy to allow a company to keep my credit card information on their file. I understand their concern, but unfortunately, if they are unwilling to send a bill outlining charges, I will be unable to provide payment.

And it really pisses them off when I use their [censor] language like that.

• Ti
      3rd of Nov, 2010

I got done today. My card was cancelled because of a Netfilx transaction I never signed up for. I'm in Australia November 2010. Does Netflix even work in Australia?

• Ro
      3rd of Nov, 2010

The site is not a fraud. Someone else is commuting it. Don't complain against the site. Stop the payment and report it.

• Br
      15th of May, 2011

First, let me state I am not a "bitter" person or a collection agency but this is my negative experience with debtorboards.com

Ive recently signed on to the site to share my recent experience going through a couple of FDCPA claims as well as TCPA claims. I am represented by an attorney and had a couple general questions i posted on the site..WHOA big mistake. I thought the posts/blogs etc were for "debtors", however, it seems the site is filled with a great many "pro-collect agencies"... As well, I feel a great many of the members try and give legal advice that simply is not correct.

As well, I thought blogs/message boards such as this are sites where you can type messages without being critiqued on your grammar, proper paragraphing, proper spelling etc etc.

For some odd reason, every since I have posted my own messages in response to someone that has been on the site for obviously a long time ( in reference to there status and amount of posts they have submitted), It seems as though if my own opinion or factual experience is not what the other members like, I'll receive some off the wall email such as this :

This the formatting of this post of yours is unacceptable. It has been removed.

Debtorboards
    expects its members to conform to the rules of reasonable writing which
    include proper capitalization, punctuation, and paragraphing.

Text-messaging/cell-phone styles are not considered reasonable writing styles.

-----------------------------------------------------
    First - In reading the monitors first sentence, in stating : "This the formatting of this post of yours is unacceptable", it seems he/she should take their own advice in proper formatting and grammar.

I have received a few other emails stating similar things about my "sentence structure"..I thought message boards where outlets to speek to others about things, i didnt know they were official college courses you are getting graded on.

In response to there statement " Text-messaging/cell-phone styles are not considered reasonable writing styles." - To that, i have no clue what they are speaking of. Text-messaging/cell-phone styles??

Once again, I only get these emails and deletion of my post's when it seems the information I have provided is obviously contradictory in nature to the opposing person's comment. I feel if a site is not up to handling other peoples comments they maybe more accurate, then perhaps they should not be live.

There are other similar blog/message boards I have posted on that are true and to the standard of what message boards are about, this site certainly doesnt seem to be an equal site!