Netflix / another free trial offer

1 United Kingdom

On the 26th September I got an email from you offering me, in a big red box, 'another free trial'. On looking at my paypal account today I noticed that £7.99 had been taken by Netflix. When querying this with customer services they stated that I was not eligible for this offer. I asked then why was I sent it. After quite a while on the phone and upon forwarding the email to them they agreed that I should not have been sent it and that it was an error by the marketing department and they wondered how many more people had been sent this by error. They, however, refused to refund my money even though they admitted that it was a Netflix error. It is only a small amount which in itself does not bother me but if this is multiplied by the hundreds, perhaps thousands of people world wide who fell into the same trap then it is little wonder why Netflix make so much money. I feel that it is bordering on fraud or at the very least dubious practise. I am very IT literate and cannot recall any warning during the sign up process that I was not eligible, if there was it certainly was not as obvious as the red box with white writing offering me another free trial. I will stick with Now TV for my films and will never trust Netflix again!!

Ce