Netcom3 / Scam!

8152 Rodeo Dr.
Beverly Hills
CA 90210

Scam and cheating!

Upon a web search for a hard drive cleaner software I came upon a 'Consumers Report' site claiming Netcon3 was a 'best buy'. I logged on to the site, followed the instruction and entered my credit card info. I had a virtually identical experience with Netcom3 except that in my case I got a log on code and downloaded the software. It appears to be incapable of removing anything from the computer, and they do not respond to technical support requests...

Comments

• Iv
      15th of Jan, 2008
    Netcom3 - Unable to receive "Log on" code!
    Abbotsford
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-852-4602

Registered with this company twice and have not as yet received "Log on" code as promised, but did receive their Newsletter.

28th of Jan, 2008

DO NOT by from this company! They are defrauding consumers with reckless abandon. Their product doesn't work. It trashed my computer, and it took over a week to recover it from all the registry damage it inflicted. I've tried several times to contact the company, but they refuse to respond. They also have billed me for their monthly "service" despite several requests for a refund and cancellation of their service!

• El
      30th of Jan, 2008

I wasted a lot of time downloading the program and then having Netcom3 checking my computer.
    Then I wasted even more time trying to get the "registration number", so I erased Netcom 3 from my computer. What a waste of time!

• Ni
      3rd of Feb, 2008

Over a week's time, I received multiple Registration codes, none of which performed the desired function. In retrospect, I think I may have gotten lucky. Presently, awaiting a refund.

• Vi
      6th of Feb, 2008

Everyday the computer finds problems when I run scans. I purchased a premium software that was supposed to prevent problems from entering the computer. They are full of crap. Now? I cant even run a scan anymore? It somehow got wiped off my computer? I did nothing to remove it. Therefore, I believe they took my money and it expired off my laptop on it's own. These people are stupid? Instead of running a scam? They could make millions if they did what they say they do!!! Don't Download! They are scammers!!!

24th of Feb, 2008
    Netcom3 - trial download
    netcom3 software, Inc
    netcom3.com

Only after I downloaded the trial version did I descover the high price of this utility software.
    I immediately uninstalled it, but was notified that some of the program would have to be removed manually. Now what's left loads at start eventhough it is no longer in my program list.
    Software companies should be disallowed form putting people in this spot.

• Tb
      6th of Mar, 2008

Dear James,

It trashed my com puter to!! It is going to cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. Netcom3 is a scam and a fraud.

• Ta
      6th of Mar, 2008

I could have written Jame's comments. My experience exactly!

• Bi
      10th of Apr, 2008
    Netcom3 - Fraud and scam!
    San Francisco
    California

Signed up for a Netcom3 30 day trial. Canceled it at 28 days. Was supposed to get complete refund. They not only did not refund the first two charges, but continued to charge my account. Sounds as if this is a standard business practice for them. Saw no performance benefit from using their software. The scans take a very long time. With my experience with the company I would warn against trying to use this service.

• Mr
      17th of Apr, 2008

i downloaded this piece of junk and it found over seven hundred problem & errors on a brand new pc, i had some spyware norton couldnt catch so i tried it after reading a review on it. NEVER EVER USE THIS PROGRAM!!! DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED. ps. spyware doctor did solve my problem.

• Mi
      17th of Apr, 2008

I purchased the program for 49.95. It scanned and removed small threats but left dangerous threats/adware on my computer. I have no way to contact them and their 24/7 customer support has not returned my emails.

• Sh
      21st of Apr, 2008

After reading reviews at TOPTENREVIEWS, I wanted to buy this software where it had advertised the cost as $29.95. The moment I entered my detailS and wnet to the next stage, it asked me to pay $39.95 instead of $29.95. I sent an email to the Netcom3 asking them why..., no reply yet. So better don't be fooled by the reviews, especially toptenreviews. Disappointing.

28th of Apr, 2008

2 different versions of my code and user name were called invalid. I repeatedly asked for assistance only to be told to repeat what I had done, or in one instance was given instructions re copying and pasting ( I am NOT computer illiterate) which led me to believe that the person had not read my complete message, or either did not understand English. This nonsense went on for 6 days I have cancelled, and hope to retrieve credit.

13th of May, 2008

Since I downloaded netcom3, I have had more problems with Adware, Malware, Trojans on my computer than before. Can't believe Consumer Reports recommends netcom3 as one of the best. When I try to contact them to cancel my monthly subscription billed to my credit card, I receive, "Can not Open This Page".

25th of May, 2008

i also downloaded the 60 day free trial of netcom3 internet security suite and was charged $49.95. i tried it for a month and decided that it does'nt do as advertised.i sent them 4 emails requesting a refund and they have not responded at all. i believe that this company is pushing a product that doesn't work for your money . i will call them and their response will be submitted to this website.

9th of Jun, 2008

DON'T buy this product, it is a well-known (and very sleek) internet scam, at best it will do nothing, at worst it will thrash your machine - had to cancel my credit card and issue a new one because of these con artists!

9th of Jun, 2008

I had recently download and bought this product after seeing that my computer has over 700 things wrong with it. It seemed to work for the first two weeks I had it, then all of the sudden, my computer wasn't able to open the program. I manually removed it from my computer through Add/Remove programs, and tried to e-mail Netcom3 about the issue and how I would like my $49.95 back that I had spent on it. I just received an e-mail giving me a link so I could cancel my subscription, but when I clicked on the link, the page won't load in Firefox or Internet Explorer. I tried going to www.netcom3.com to see if I could cancel my subscription from there, and again, the page isn't loading. Can anybody help me with this issue?? I keep trying to access their site, and it won't load...I've tried over 20 times and nothing yet. Please help and thanks =]

• Da

Well,

I had the same experience. I purchased Netcom 3 after reading the praise given by Consumers Report. What a big mistake. The only thing this software did was remove my printer driver files. This is a scam, there is no telephone number and they do not respond to their email and the removal software doesn't work... surprise... surprise.

I am very dispointed with Consumers Report and everyone should be on the alert, Consumer Reports can no longer to trusted.

• Ju
      11th of Jun, 2008

My wife and I had been having pc issues with it always running slow, so we searched around and found netcom3. We managed to download it and after its first scan showed us we had over 1300 problems on our pc, so we got out the credit card and continued with the purchase. Loaded in the access code and away it went. Netcom3 would not remove linkgrabber99 from the adware list, hmmm I thought this is supposed to do this. Now for the last few weeks the programme has been running OK but now nothing. Avast antivirus that we run suddenly came up with warning Malware Found in regarding Netcom3. Windows now can't find the programme its just gone and there has been no reply or response from Netcom3. This is very dissappointing and frustrating. Netcom3 you promised to be the best now you are not even there and seem to not even care. Do not trust Netcom3.

• Wa
      17th of Jun, 2008
    Netcom3 - no reply to emails
    Australia
    www.netcom3.com

I too have found out the hard way that Netcom3 is a scam, paid the money but did get a code but now computer playing up which it wasn't before their program. Their website comes and goes, one day there and next can't find it. No longer answer emails, and have put in request to clickbank to stop any more payments to them, if not successful will cancel card. THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME.