Netcom3 / Scam and cheating!

1 Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

Upon a web search for a hard drive cleaner software I came upon a 'Consumers Report' site claiming Netcon3 was a 'best buy'. I logged on to the site, followed the instruction and entered my credit card info and waited for return E-mail with 'log on code'. It never came. I waited a day and E-mailed 'support'. No reply. Every day for 6 days I E-mailed and have yet to receive a response. They charged my card day one. I am now going to have to 'dispute' this charge in writing, (a monthly charge of $9.95), to stop it. They have 'offices' listed around the world. I have no phone number to reach them, only a 'support' E-mail form. Big rip off,if you ask me. BEWARE of Netcom3!!!

Va

Comments

12th of Jan, 2008

I had a virtually identical experience with Netcom3 except that in my case I got a log on code and downloaded the software. It appears to be incapable of removing anything from the computer, and they do not respond to technical support requests.

• To
      16th of Jan, 2008

Netcom sucks I called the BBB and got a email from them within 2 hrs.

• T
      21st of Jan, 2008

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm in a similar situation. My computer kept freezing and black screening. So I downloaded Netcom3 free registry cleaner, scanned my computer, registered the product online and waited for an email containing the username and registration code to remove all the problems the program found on my registry. Never got an email so I sent a message to them on their website asking them if this is a legitimate product. Of course it isn't, why should anyone register a FREE download? AVG and Zonealarm are free downloads too, but I never had to register those products. Don't download this cr*p.

• Ed
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I downloaded netcom a week and a half ago and I've had no problems with it at all. It's pretty good in my opinion, my computer is actually performing better and faster. I recieved all my emails with codes and all. so did the 7 other people that recomended this to me. Did you check your Junk/Spam folder in your email? I can't remember if mine was in there but maybe yours is. I like the program and seems legitimate to me. Hope you find it. Good luck.

• Ni
      26th of Jan, 2008

Recently purchased NetCom3 and spent over a week trying to register. The furnished registration code(s) were not accepted by their own software! I figure, it they can't resolve a simple registration issue, then perhaps I got lucky. Still awaiting the crediting of my account.

• Da
      20th of Feb, 2008

I downloaded it, registered it, received and inputed the access code.

Problem is, it always scans a returns the same errors without removing them, and the database claims to be updating but remains on the same date 09/05/07.

Everytime I restart it, it claims to update. This software is non functional as far as I am concerned.

Between them and Clickbank it is nearly impossible to simply cancel the account as well. Giving it 2 days, then disputing the charge with my CC.

13th of Mar, 2008

This appears to be the issue with all these so called freebies
    stay away from all of them and buy some thing off the shelf that has cellophane wrapping and price tag..,at least that way you will have all the important info with the program including the e-mail,support, certificates of authenticity and i guarintee that the virus removers will get back to you immediatley upon recieving a complaint pertaining to their product otherwise they would lose business for the company that has their product on the shelves.

Rocco.

13th of Mar, 2008

I need some help. I made a mistake on downloading netcom3, and now i want to cancel their service.but i don't know how. Please someone help me. Thanks so much.

Hi Ben:
    If you loaded their program is to first delete it on your desktop
    then go to the control panel and after it populates remove it from there (delete), I sometimes deliberately load these scams just to see where they end up and just exactly what their claims are.
    as you might be aware of these are also a form of malware or trojans etc. A rule of thumb that I use is check on line with
    www.pcworld.com in which they usually have the goods on
    repetable companies with either good or bad reviews or if they do anything at all.

13th of Mar, 2008

Hi Ben: I now believe you were talking about what was in the system tray (an icon in the tray) all you need to do now is to right click the icon and it will give you several options including exit, click the exit and the icon will dissappear than shut down your computer or reboot I thik you will find it has left the tray only if it has been delete from the desk top and from the program list in the control panel.

Re:netcom.3
    The samething happened to people that wound up with the "monaronadona"virus that had appeared on
    a lot of peoples computers on or about feb 29/08..
    An unknown company had the anti-virus software a day after the infection took place,claiming that it could remove 600,000+ threats,(highly unlikely)
    I had threatened to and did help expose them,to this complete lie They sent me an e-mail back stating that the program that they offered for 39.95+tax would be given for free... so let these guys(netcom3 )know your going to let others know they're crooks.

14th of Mar, 2008

Thanks so much Sir... But if I'm going to delete their program or remove it, Their still get that "monthly payment" right? If that happens, what should i do next? Cuz i went to netcom3's website and look if theres any "cancel your subscription here" but i didn't find anything even their phone number. Again... I thank you so much. But please help me on this matter.

14th of Mar, 2008

The best thing to do is get in touch with your credit card company and tell them to stop all payments to that account as the product that you had purchased was no more than a blatant rip-off,all credit companies have the ability to stop any payment that they make on your behalf,just let them know that you will not be responsible fo any charges that you have not physically signed for and then cancel that card and order a new card from a different card carrier if your current card holder doesn't do anything,they too do not want to lose your business
    as a cardholder of their company
    hope this helps
    regards Rocco

14th of Mar, 2008

thanks so much sir...i e-mailed netcom3 they said they will deduct the payment automatically to my credit card unless i cancel it.but to make sure, ill inform the credit card company.again, thank you so much and God bless.

31st of Mar, 2008

I have had all of the same problems with Netcom3 that the above people have had. Netcom3 did answer one e-mail and said they would cancel, but never did. Had to call Clickbank and they said that they will refund two months of the charges and cancel the subscription. I hope they will.

28th of Apr, 2008

Bought it a few days ago. It did nothing. The malware is still there. They canceled it but they did not refund my debit card. They will not respond to me when I hold them up to their 90 satisfaction guarentee.

• As
      15th of May, 2008

Netcom3 is a scam that needs to be stopped. Their registry cleaner software identifies a huge number of problems with your registry when you run the trial scan, for the first time. You panic and you buy the subscription online, using your credit card, to stop your machine from the imminent crash.

The software does not work properly and it removes files that should not be removed. In disappointment, you mail them and use their website to cancel (forget refund!) the subscription. That’s when the real fun starts. They ignore you and your credit card gets debited every month!
    Do what I did. I changed my credit card number so that they can’t charge me anymore.

But why is the Netcom3 software so highly rated, as you will find if you do a Google search? The answer is on Netcom3 website itself (http://www.netcom3.com/partner.php). They give you an 80% commission! I used http://www.registry-cleaners-reviews.net/, which recommended the Netcom3 software. Someone called John Whitter, senior editor recommends the software. I bet John is laughing all the way to the bank and you and I are having our registries and accounts cleaned.

• Ru
      26th of May, 2008

I am TRING to take Netcom ogg my computer but can not do it. WHY. It is not helping me at all but makeinf ev erything worse.

• Pa
      30th of May, 2008

I tried Netcom3 which was advertised as Internet Security Suite and received something called PC Cleaner. As soon as I insatlled in on two of my laptops an installer for a fax program began loading everytime I started them. I sent Netcom3 an email describing the problem and they suggested a cure which left my laptop with a lot of my software not workable. I keep asking them if their program I received is the same as what was advertised but they consistently refuse to answer.

• Ko
      4th of Jun, 2008

It's good to read about your experiences before actually purchasing the product. My first question to Netcom was answered by the general manager who enclosed a link to a limited time offer for $29.95. However, when actually clicking BUY, the amount was suddenly $49.95. I e-mailed tec-support but no answer so far. Also I am worried about the same as Pat Gilbert: the add is about the Internet Security Suite but you get PC Cleaner.

I think I will forget about Netcom.