Net10 Wireless / scam and cheating

Bought a 60 minute air time card at a local Radio Shack last Sunday, 10/19/2008 as prepaid wireless service was expiring on 10/24/2008. Clerk at Radio Shack added the minutes and phone display said service was good until 2/19/2009. On Wednesday, I got a text message that service was expired. I sent an email that the message was wrong and my phone air time display said service was good until 02/19/2009. I have not had any response to this message.

It is 10/26/2008. I went to charge phone and phone will not charge. Apparently, airtime was a bad card for some reason, but I am out $60 and have no working cell phone. Fortunately, I paid for the air time card with a credit card, so I will be able to dispute the charge.

I tried calling the Net10, but no customer service available on Sundays after a certain time. I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and had counted upon a working cell phone. I feel rather abused, especially after reading some of the other reports about this miserable excuse of a company.

Va

Comments

11th of Dec, 2008

• Th
      23rd of May, 2009

Net 10 is a rip off. It took them 2 weeks and 10 hours of my time on their "customer care line" to get my phone "working" only to give me a long distance phone # that my kids can not call me on because they dont have long distance phone service and are to young to be able to use prepaid calling cards. The phone would make calls but not recieve calls, recieve call calls but not make calls, go straight to voice mail, or not work at all. after 2 week and all the time I spent talking to tech support they finally got my phone to send and recieve calls (still long distance from my land line phone) but it's working.. and get this as compensation for all my trouble they gave me 20 whole mins of air time.. Oh thank you net 10.. I'm going to run out the time i have on this phone with this "service" and mail it back to them. what a joke of a company...

• Jp
      14th of Jul, 2009

Net10 motto is "No Evil". I received the phone that they had stated my existing phone number could be transferred to. It took 2 weeks for my number to be moved to this new phone, during which, I could not use either phone. When i called in for support, I could not find anyone I could understand even remotely. The would just exclaim, not our fault, not our fault and that was it. When the phone was finally working I found that in my area where they claimed excellent service and reception, that the service was actually spotty. The problem is, when sending a text and service is not good or not available they charge you for the text whether the text was sent or not. Some how they can keep track of the charge and update their database with the charge but the text has to be resent, of course for an additional charge. If you take a pic and want to send it somewhere, they automatically charge you 5 times the charge for a text but that's not all, they charge you another time during sending that is twice the charge of a text. This whole Net 10 thing is a scam, warn everyone you know to stay away...

20th of Jul, 2009

I am starting to thing that this service is JUNK. I called "customer service" and got people who did not speak English very well. The phones offered by Net10 and are OUTDATED, LOW END and REFURBISHED USED PHONES. I asked if I could use the new (Unlocked Tri-Band Cell Phone Watch with Dual SIM cards). I was told that I MUST purchase a TracPhone. Again I stated that what was offered was nearly obsolete equipment and I would rather have the higher end phones i.e. LG VX8300. I was told that "Jue muss buy a Track Pone to use." I asked if there was a "Trade in" program for my UNLOCKED phone. After a few seconds of silence, I was told "Jue muss buy a Track Pone. I asked WHY and I was told "The Pones are made for Track Pone." I replied that such was not correct. I replied that CELL PHONES are made by cell phone manufacturer and not by service providers. I got no response. SO, I asked if I could speak to a technical support person. I was told that I was talking to technical support. That frightened me so much that I said "WOW, Good Bye" and hung up.

• Ol
      2nd of Apr, 2010

Net 10 is terrible. they don't understand english. I was on the phone for over 5 hours abount a ringtone and 30 minutes. Never got a answer or my ringtone or my 30 min. back. Never buy a Net 10 phone again.

• Ha
      25th of Oct, 2010

Just spent 10 hours with them trying to get them to load my $5o dollar unlimited card. they bounced me from rep to rep, never the same story twice, could not get my account info correct, and refused to simply refund my money.

I am colling my bank tomorrow to report them as engaging in FRAUD.

It is the only thing these companies understand.

I know for a fact that if they get enough calls like that the credit card company will put blacklist them and they will lose their ability to use credit cards!

that may get their attention.

Hal Hupert
    halkhupet@gmail.com

• Li
      17th of Sep, 2011

They suck you in with low advertised prices...

My major complaint is about all the spam text messages I get every day that they charge me for. The company argues that while there is a slight charge for receiving text messages, you are not charged if you don't open the inbox. How the hell am I supposed to know who it's from if I don't at least open my inbox and read the subject lines??? What really pisses me off is what happened to me yesterday: I sent my first text message using NET10 to my son. When I pressed the send button, a notification appeared, reminding me of the text charge against my minutes. I sent the message and noticed the charge against my minutes. A few moments later, I received a text. Thinking it was from my son, I opened it. Can you [censored]ing believe it! The message was from NET10 only reiterating the charge...and they charged me for that!!! I called customer service complain only to realize that the call center was in India / Bangladesh and the idiot on the other end had no clue whatsoever as to what I was talking about and I finally hung up in frustration.

I get text messages that really are nothing but spam. We'll see what the FCC has to say about all of this next week. Once a company pisses me off, I won't stop until they pay dearly...just ask Metro PCS ;)

I encourage everyone to blog about this and flood the FCC with similar complaints as regulators have huge influence on corporate behavior!

• De
      10th of May, 2013

Net10 sucks. am on my second phone. they just stop working all of a sudden. i have not dropped my phone or have it came into contact with water. They sending me a new phone but it takes damn 6 to 10 days to get it. this is not acceptable. i have a life and with out my cell i cant call or keep in contact with anyone. I have lost all my contacts and cannot retrieve them. Stay away from net10. unless you like the run around.

• Al
      3rd of Jun, 2014

i just want my refund money of 50.00 on and airtime card i got at family dollar store in philadelphia mississippi. and they will not do it cause i had rub off the thing to get my pin number. and the money and airtime is on the phone. my name is alice hickman. and i live at 316 breland st philadelphia mississippi .39350. i got the phone and airtime card at family dollar on05/30/2014. and i just want my money back.are do i make a consumer complaints.

• Gh
      4th of Jul, 2014

After years of suffering the pay by the byte from tracfone I found something much worse. net 10 doesn't even deserve a capital letter in their name. Never had to try 3 times or more to make a call, and at least tracfones Internet works. Been sending one lousy picture for last 3 hours and doubt this cheap worthless battery will hold charge much longer to get this done. Then they sell me a phone with so little internal memory in it, you cannot install any usable apps.. Then they got some evil app in it that just puts its own words in a text, thereby making your message a garbled mess you cant understand. Very aggravating and one day I'm going to make a video of that pos net 10 android roasting in a fire at the end of a stick. Will label it what you do with your net 10 phone immediately after buying it. I am very very dissapointed by this junk phone and the company who supposedly stands behind it. Will be finding a reputable carrier real soon. If only this phone could feel pain ! I'm gonna put them on the very bottom of the phone company chit pile.

• Gh
      4th of Jul, 2014

I'm gonna put net 10 in the same lowly place under the dog feces i stepped on along with hughesnet and dish network. liars, and thieves.