Net 10 / Prepaid Wireless / No minutes and no refund!

After approximately five hours on my landline, discussions with 2 supervisors, and four or five customer services persons, they were unable to remedy what should have been a simple problem...(1) minutes purchased over the internet were not credited and (2) minutes purchased via air time card were not credited. ($60 total) After at least four assurances that the minutes would be there in 15 to 20 minutes and being advised on two occasions that the problem should be resolved in 7 to 10 working days, I've had it. The company keeps stalling and has not given a refund or minutes. That goes down in my book as larceny. It may be incompetence rather than malfeasance, but larceny nonetheless. Be warned. Steer clear of these folks.

Comments

11th of Dec, 2007

I've been with Net10 for years, and I've had *NO* problems at all... to me it sounds like the complaint is due to not following directions or complete user error... (typos or something) Net10 is an awesome company... saves me tons of money a year.

• Ty
      4th of Jan, 2008

BEWARE!!! Net10 has done the exact same thing to me... I have spent 2 hours on the phone, talked to 2 supervisors(the first said my minutes should arive within 2 hours, the second(Carlos #59153 saying he can't tell if they sent my minutes and since he could not tell I was out of luck(paraphrased) ) the end result is that they have stolen my money!!! Jason looks like he might be a salesman... maybe he can help...

7th of Nov, 2008

They can't be around this long conducting business in this manner described above all the time.

• Gh
      8th of Aug, 2009

i bought a net 10 600 and got ripped off to no end.doest work.talk to severale reps and supers and they gave me nothing in return-no replacement, no refunds-3 hours of a saturday spent and 60.00 bucks down the drain.beware and stay away from net10 altogeather.

• Ze
      29th of Aug, 2009

Net10 has been a pleasure for me. Maybe you just had a badly made phone. thats not Net10s fault. Ive had 3 different phones from net10, all of which worked perfectly with no connection problems or dropped calls.
    I also find their rate is a bargan... 10 cents aminute. and you get even more bonuses if you choose unlimited.
    why 60? The starter deal is a phone and 300 minutes for $30. Give it another try.. It realy is worth it.

• Ci
      26th of Mar, 2010

I haven't had a bad time with net10... it must have just been that one phone. I was having a hard time getting out of my contract for my cell phone plan and they were just impossible and practically evil. As a student with loans it was just impossible for me to be paying so much money so I got a Net10 prepaid phone. It is really great actually. The phone is a Samsung and I mean while its no iphone.. it has everything I could possibly need. My cell phone bill is so cheap because I control the amount of money I spend. With only ten cents a minute for long distance.. its just a steal.

• Ki
      17th of Jul, 2010

Net 10 took payment from my bank account but has refused to credit the paid minutes to my phone. They turned off phone but have yet to refund.

They have ignored my written complaint.