NeotelThe internet bandwith just gets slower and slower

I've had Neotel from about May now, the internet bandwith just gets slower and slower!!! Please forget about excuses for coverage as I asked about coverage in my area and was told that it is EXCELLENT!!! Now my question is, if the coverage is excellent why do I struggle just to browse a webpage? It gets worse and worse. Also don't help to call the contact centre as there's no answer, called twice now and holding on forever! Can someone please contact me with a solution, not excuses please!!

Very unhappy Neotel customer!!

Comments

• Tr
      Sep 10, 2010
    Neotel - No response to application and email
    neotel.co.za

On 27th August 2009 Neotel had a Promotional stand outside a local supermarket. I was very interrested in changing from Telkom and asked many questions, the main one being if I would recieve 1000 free minutes per month on all calls to any landline number dialled as I am currently getting with Telkom's Closer Bundle. I was categorically given the answer as YES. I repeatedly asked this question. This was the deciding factor in signing up there and then for two Neotel products.

I subsequently found out that this was not the case and sent an email via the Neotel website asking for clarification on this point. Up until now I have recieved no feedback on my application or question. On 10th Sept I sent an email to the Neotel Compliants department stating my concern. I gave the name and cell number of the representitive with whom I signed up. Again no feedback at all. If this is how they respond to an application and a query, I have no faith in changing from badly run company (Telkom) to another.

• Re
      Sep 22, 2010
    Neotel - I'm sick and tired of empty promises
    neotel.co.za

It's three weeks later since i was promised that a technician was on his way and he is still not here... I can't even log on to log a complaint cause my connection is soooooo slow! This is useless! You guys can cancel my contract and come and get your useless devise!!! I'm sick and tired of empty promises!!!

• Ai
      Sep 23, 2010
    Neotel - Totally incompetent fools working there
    neotel.co.za

I just called the call centre querying my account, as I paid in more last month, but was not deducted from this months bill.

I am so sick and tired of this useless service that Neotel provides, if you cannot provide a service do not advertise it, we are paying for the service and if you ask me it is a total waste of my hard earned money. If there service is so good they should give a guaranteerefund or cancel the contract.

From day 1 I've had problems, I will seriously be seeking legal advice how to cancel this lousy service.

Oct 06, 2010
    Neotel - Lack of response and overall incompetence of the Neotel staff
    neotel.co.za

We have been without internet since the weekend of the 24th of October 2009. Although we cannot afford to be without such a vital line of communication we understand that technical issues can happen. Our Problem is with the lack of response and overall incompetence of the Neotel staff. After countless attempts to get information as to what the problem was and when it will be resolved we got absolutely no where. Infact the second day of attempting to get information on the Neotel system fault, I was told that they are not at all aware of any faults. This comes after we spent most of the previous day with them over the phone notifying them of the fault and trying to get feedback. They made numerous empty promises to us, to call us back with info. To no avail! Still now we are waiting... Without Internet... Staff droning around, frustrated. This all leaves an important question. CAN NEOTEL HANDLE WHAT THEY HAVE TRIED TO TAKE ON? or is it bigger than they can chew.. HELP!! And now I am Calling them live... They have to say:' Sorry sir, the last note we have on the system was for monday, problem with you email..' We dont have NEOTEL e-mail and it is now Wednesday!!!

• Ad
      Oct 07, 2010

Netotel Staff is a bunch of Idiots right from top to the bottom. I spoke to everyone that i could from Manager to a call center guy and everyone is just a perfect IDIOT. I wonder how they got jobs because it looks like no does their work...

• Ad
      Oct 07, 2010

The best thing for you will be to cancel the connection or else they will give you so much more hassles than what you can handle. I disconencted my services after struggling to get their mess sorted out. It took them a year to close the case.. oh... sorry it is yet to close

• Am
      Oct 11, 2010
    Neotel - Low quality and service
    South Africa

Neotel first nearly forced my boyfriend's grand-parents to get Neotel since they never sent a quote but arrived with everything ready. Hence his grand parents accepted and the telephone/internet ended up in our flat. They delivered it in June (so be careful as soon as it is delivered you will start paying) and we only started using it in July! Moreover the first month is more expensive for some reasons I never understood, it is like half of a month added to the first bill.
    After the telephone plugged we found out that:
    - it keeps on cutting off every now and then
    - there is an actual wire between the phone and telephone which we weren't told. So the telephone is wireless but not the internet hence, only one person can use iternet at the same time.
    - You can't be on the phone and on the internet at the same time so if you're doing something and then you receive a call you will be deconnected
    - you can't call abroad except if you give them a deposit, which is totally unbelievable, and they said they'll do it straight away and NO, after a few days his grand parents had to call again (I really needed to call abroad since all my family lives in France)

I probably forget some details. Concerning the service, we waited a month and a half before they insisted on a cancellation fee which we claimed we didn't deserve. You are directed to a call centre that everybody know they can never do or change anything only explain things to you.

Good luck to everybody who is in the same situation!

• Ba
      Oct 12, 2010
    Neotel - No customer service training
    neotel.co.za

A Mr. Masedi contacted me on the [protected] to tell me I owe R980. I do not deny the fact that I owe money but I haven't received a single statement as to how much I owe, to whom I owe or where I should deposit the money. I made many attempts to find out what my outstanding balance was over the internet.

I told Mr. Masedi I did not receive any statements and he replied by saying 'what effort did you make to get the statements'

I then reminded him that I logged a call 3 months ago to get a tech to install an antenna to boost my signal strength. Mr. Masedi then told me 'that is irrelevant'

He then hung up the phone and suspended my phone until it was fully paid out.

He was rude and did not know how to address a customer correctly.

Nov 17, 2010
    Neotel - Nobody is doing anything to help me
    South Africa

We are busy now for several months. Nut no results. Neotel maked faulty invoices to us and they ahve to correct that. We returned a device in Apil 2009, beacuse Neotel advised to take another device, because of the pool signal. We returened the "ld" device in April 2009, no deposit is retured yet! Now they found out Neotel canoot located the device. Which is not my problem!!! So make a big mess and not me. I have proof I have returned it!
    Now the want to pay every month for that "old" device too! May phone call, many emails, many complaints also Hellopeter.com in S.A. Nobody is doing anything. And now their collection department is sending SMS for payment of their invoices! What a disgrees! We always pay on time, but Neotel is not doing their job!!! Their payment is long overdue, SINCE APRIL 2009!!! This company is the worse in S.A>

• Ko
      Dec 09, 2010
    Neotel - poorest service
    South Africa

A gentle man called me on 1 Dec and we repeated the same conversation I had with two ladies below.

I asked him to ask his manager to compensate me about the termination fee for not providing service properly and get the manger to call me.

He said Yes

customers pay the monthly fee and you provide the service in return, which I received exceptionaly poorly. I have experienced inadequate service with other communication companies, airlines in the country but never like this one. Hence I have terminated my account with Neotel.
    please call me

Regards
    koji

On 30 November 2010 09:57wrote:

Dear Karen and Besani

You two called me separately last Tuesday on 23 Nov and I had the same conversation.
    You offered me one month's free which I said I was not interested and I confirmed my request of termination.

I asked you to get your manager to call me and you said yes.

The service I had received which had become unberable led me to the conclusion that there was no other option than taking bussiness elsewhere.

Complaining is not good for anyone's emotional well being I would justl like to put it behind me and forget about time wasted dealing with this asap.

Please keep your words for the last time and call me.

Regards
    Koji

• Wa
      Jan 11, 2011
    Neotel - Poor service and no audit trail
    Neotel

I have received nothing but bad service from Neotel, the latest being a billing query that has taken three months to resolve. I cancelled my service with Neotel in December 2009 and was told that I will not be charged for the device as the area I was moving to was not covered by the network. My joy was shorted lived for I received a call from the terminations department informing me that I will be charged R1400 for the device. I explained to her that I was told that this was not the case and I wanted to speak to her superior. According to her, she did not have a superior. I terminated her call and called the call centre myself and asked to speak to the Team Leader or Manager of the Terminations Department. After several periods of long silence and pleading to the manager to pull the call recordings to verify my claims. I was told that I will be exempt from these charges. On the [protected] I received an invoice containing the device fee! After spend more time with another agent, a note was forwarded to the accounts team. Today I queried the issue and I was told the debit order is still going off. Now they said I may have to visit my bank to reverse the debit order! Pathetic service!!

• Ku
      Jan 19, 2011
    Neotel - Failure in service delivery & appalling service levels
    Neotel

Neotel assured us that we had signal in our area - technician came round and installed the phone and it was evident that we didn't - after many calls from us to Neotel (they NEVER call you back) they told us we could pay R1800 for a Poynting Antenna - technician came out and there was still NO signal - we got hit for R500 call out fee for that which infuriated us even more about Neotel. We promptly cancelled the contract and to this day (6 months later) we are STILL receiving statements - we have sent emails and called them to query why we are being billed for something we don't have and are promised that they will investigate and in good all Neotel fashion no one calls you back - it truly is the most appalling service levels i have experience from a supplier any where in the world. To add insult to injury today receive an email that Neotel have handed us over for R1532 - we have 7 days to pay or we get a judgement - at this point we are just gob smacked - so have now made another call to Neotel - told us they will sort it out on Monday but i know i will have to hand these jokers over to our attorneys.

• Si
      Jan 20, 2011
    Neotel - Neotel biggest load of junk ever
    Neotel

I got a neotel phn (worst mistake ever) last year as we moved into a house without a land line, we checked if neotel would work in the area where we were staying, Neotel said the signal would be good to excellent so we decided to try it out. we had hassels as soon as we got it. (firstly there was no cdsoftware in the box). once set up there was never signal = we could never phn any1 or go on the net...so we phoned the 'wonderful' call centre as well as sent plenty of emails.i asked if anyone can come out and sort it out ...nothing... so close to the middle of last year i cancelled my contract not making more than 4 calls from that phn...after canceling and never recieving any invoice or any form of letter or anything they said i owe them in the 2000 rands...i contacted them again asking how is that possible, why must i pay for a service i didnt even used, i asked them to send the details so that we can make an arrangement to pay this 'bill'...that was last year august ...now the [protected]...i recieve a letter from MACROBERT ATTORNEYS saying they taking legal action if not payed etc...i ended up paying or els im blacklisted...all i have to say it is a disgrace. sick.

• Ru
      Feb 05, 2011
    Neotel - Neotel do not want new customers
    Neotel

I decided to get rid of my cumbersome Telkom line (closer 2 package) and Mweb's 5gig Adsl package. Shopping around I found Neotel.

I decided on the NeoConnect Prime 1G as this is just a home solution (and cheaper than Telkom and Mweb together I was paying about R700-00 for both).

I phoned sales, and to my surprise I only qualified for a NeoConnect Lite 99! This is laughable as I was going to cancel a R700-00 package for a R 279-00 package. What a joke! I can pass Telkom's and Mweb's credit checks but not Neotel's?

I am deciding to most likely keep the current companies involved (Telkom and Mweb) as I have had no problems from them. I will just downgrade my cap to make it more affordable.

The sad part in this is everyone in my family was willing to switch to Neotel so that we could phone Neotel to Neotel, and well, they won't now...

As competition to Telkom...you ****!

• Hi
      Feb 09, 2011
    Neotel - Paying for Noetel’s Incompetence and **** service
    Neotel

This is my second complaint about Neotel on hellopeter.com! The first time it was because they changed their coverage area and then I was left with a product that wasn’t working. Neotel came and install a Arial which was supposed to solve the problem, but it made it better not solved it. We could use the phone now but not the internet part of it, so we were instructed to get a data flex unit which will work better, so we downgraded our NeoConnect Prime – (Device Charge R 70.17 ) to a NeoConnect Lite - Device Charge (R 35.09) we didn’t downgrade cause we felt like it! Now they charge us monthly fee of R70.17 for their bad service? And no one can help us with this?

Steve head of the collections department have tried to help us but then his correspondence just stopped, he was supposed to forward all the complaints and proof to the necessary departments! They keep on billing me and threatening me with being black listed, but why should i pay for their **** service in the first place?

I need this sorted out! It's almost R500 i need to pay cause you lied in the beginning!

• Pa
      Feb 10, 2011
    Neotel - Neotel made a mistake and now I am paying for it
    Neotel

In the month of November 2009 I received my statement from Neotel and it showed that my account balance was R0.00 I immediately phoned them to ask what was going on as this seemed very unlikely to me. After conversations with several Neotel agents it was determined that this was correct, so I left it be. In the month of January 2010 I received my statement and the amount reflected was double the usual and it showed that I had been in arrears for the last 3 months so once again I phoned Neotel, after a great degree of effort on my part it was determined that this was the amount that they accidentally did not bill me for in November 2009. They said that it was a mistake on their system. I was not happy but immediately payed the full amount outstanding to them. In April of this year I tried to apply for car finance but was declined due to my ITC listing with Neotel, when I researched this I found that even though they knew the fault occured on their system they went forth and listed my on ITC regardless. I have now made more than 40 calls to Neotel trying to get some sort of letter or even to get them to remove the listing but no matter what I try no one at Neotel will speak to me.

• Br
      Feb 10, 2011
    Neotel - 20 days of poor connection and the usual lies
    Neotel

After reporting our problem on april 3 they finally sent a technician out on april 8. Alfred who has been here many times beore. He left haviong not fixed the problem...the ongoing calls and return visits have left us worse off than before. Finally tody after being romissed yesturday that a antenna was due to be ereectedand an new device installed Blah blah blah nothing happend by 11am. I called the cal ceter, and spoke with Keven who promised to call me bac with an answer within a 'short time' I called back finally at 3 and he can on the line after some time with others dealing with the issu and said hat he would have someone call me before 4PM at 4 15 pm I called and ask for kevein and was kept holding or 8 mins.I called again and again sking for kevin and was agian kept waiting, theis went on... I have now been on the phone with several people who keep saying they will call him then leave me hanging, one guy even says 'Yes he is on the other side of the room let me go and talk to him'... The last one Oyama after 6 mins tells me that kevin is in a meeting when 5 mins ago he was on the other side of the room!!

• Du
      Feb 21, 2011
    Neotel - 4 months with no response
    Neotel

Jan '10... After a month with Neotel's Premium package of wireless internet @ R600pm, which disconnected at regular intervals, when it was connected eventually (after 2 weeks of trouble, since Windows 7 was a bit too advanced for the product..), I got fed-up after receiving their 1st bill... When signing up at a shopping centre I specifically asked about 'Joining Fees' or 'Connection Fees'- to which their sales advisor replied: 'NONE' I asked about a cool-off period if I'm not happy- he said I can cancel if I want to: 'NO hassles, NO cancellation fee'... I got the 1st bill of R1068 instead of R600... NO joining fee, right??

I phoned to cancel, after paying this amount, I even asked for a revised bill so I pay everything and end the relationship, and to come collect their phone...- they wanted to charge me the full remainder of the contract... NO cancellation fee, right?? After speaking my mind, they agreed to NOT charge the remainder, but REFUND me an amount of R640, for my trouble and the fact that I was mislead at sales stage. A few days later I got another invoice, not a refund, but an invoice of R78 for the phone. REALLY!??