Neo Car Audio / Never got product I paid for

Neo Car Audio
On April 14, 2009, I ordered two iPod interfaces from Neo Car Audio. I ordered a PODVOLSCV2 for my Volvo, and I ordered a PODCHR310-iAUX for my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Two separate orders.

The Volvo interface came in great shape, with the new iPod cable that works with my iPhone, as their website claimed. It also works fine.

However, the interface for my Jeep came with old product, which included an invoice for another person, Robert Gonzales. The interface also had the OLD iPod cable, which will not charge my iPhone 3G. Their website claimed
that all product shipped would come with the new cable, which is what I needed.

I called Neo Car Audio, explained what had happened. They said that someone had accidentally sent me a repaired unit, and they gave me an RMA# to return it. I returned the device with the RMA# on the outside of the box, and on a sheet on the inside of the box. I never heard back from Neo Car Audio.

When I next contacted Neo Car Audio, they claimed that they never got my RMA. I shipped it insured, with the
US Post Office. The US Post Office shows that it was delivered to Neo Car Audio on April 20, 2009. I sent a scan of the letter from the US Post Office showing this to Neo Car Audio. So far, Neo Car Audio has not bothered to respond.

I advise avoiding this company.

More Neo Car Audio Complaints & Reviews

Plus Neo Car Audio - No after sale service

A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
It gets better. I'm on the phone with my credit card company, and it appears that Neo Car Audio also charged me for the two Neo iPod Cradles (CRADLEDOCKAV) that I ordered, but which were never shipped.

That is funny because I received a back order email from Neo Car Audio, which claimed that those products were being redesigned, and that I was not going to be charged for those items until they shipped.

A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
Strike that. It appears that I was blinded by my irritation with Neo Car Audio.

Before I understood which charge corresponded to which order, I had assumed that I had
been charged for the back ordered iPod cradles. Appears that I was wrong, and that I was
charged for shipping on one of the two orders.

It would be nice if their web merchandising system had actually sent me an email copy of my
order. Most companies who do web sales do that. I don't seem to have ever gotten a final
copy of my order.

I made two charges with Neo Car audio that day. It appears that I was charged for the
Volvo interface and twenty some dollars for shipping in one charge, and I was charged
for the Chrysler interface with no shipping on the other charge. According to my printouts
from their website, from before I told the checkout to complete, I should have been charged
$199.99 for the Volvo interface. I was charged $220.44. Maybe I selected some kind of
expedited shipping?

It appears that I waited too long to bring this matter up with my credit card company. If you
run into a similar problem with a company who does not deliver, you need to file a complaint
with the credit card company within 60 days. Looks like I'm pretty much SOL, since the
company isn't responding at all.

N  4th of Apr, 2012 by
I just ordered an iPod interface for my Honda Civic. There were several different potential products to buy, but I only needed the basic interface, which Neo had listed at $85. I had a different Neo box previously, so I expected that this one would work fine, too. And it does! But it's not branded as "Neo". It's an "Axxess" product that I looked up on Google and found elsewhere for $65. I'm not going to worry about it because it's already installed and it's not worth the $20 to remove and return it. But for anybody else out there -- check for other options first.
N  30th of Apr, 2013 by

Neo Car Audio - Fraud / Misrepresentation
Neo Car Audio
3487 Kurtz Street
San Diego

Ordered what was directly represented to be a premium quality iPhone/ipod and bluetooth interface for 2007+ GM vehicle. Read website bragging about their outstanding research and development team. Personally spoke with their technical support team about the product and was told that it was a brand new product, he has it in his car and I had narrowed the decision down to "iSimple Connect" and their product. He told me that the "Neo Gateway" was far superior and faster to react.

I purchased, received shipment and the "inferior" iSimple product was inside. I contacted them to let them know about the error, and was told that was the same thing as the neo gateway. It carried a $100 premium price tag for the premium product, and was represented as superior to the product the shipped me. I am sending it back and will be out my return shipping, but will purchase the cheaper interface and install. I hope this saves someone else from the trouble I am going through with this shady company.
N  1st of May, 2013 by
..I purchased, received shipment and the "inferior" iSimple product was inside. I contacted them to let them know about the error, and was told that was the same thing as the neo gateway.