Nelson,Watson and Associates LLC / Harrassment

1 80 Merrimack St. LLHaverhill, MA, United States Review updated:

This collection agency continues to call my home for an individual named Brenda. They began calling about a year and a half ago .They would call every day, several times a day and when I told them that they had the wrong telephone number, that no Brenda resides here and that I do not know a Brenda, the calls continued on a daily basis. At one point, after several months of dealing with this a man from the agency called and he was so obnoxious and rude, he wouldn't let me finish a sentence to even hear me saying that I was not her and he had the incorrect phone number. He upset me so much I lost me temper and began screaming at him so he would listen. I thought my screaming got through to him and he actually heard me say I wasn't her because the calls stopped abruptly. After speaking with him I was so annoyed with this problem that I wrote a complaint to the Better Business Bureau in MA and didn't receive a response. I didn't know (and still don't know)what else to do. That was several months ago last winter(in December). Now it is November, nearly a year later and the calls have begun again. As you can see by the info that I have provided my name is not Brenda, nor has it ever been Brenda! I cannot comprehend the ignorance of these individuals who persist in harrassing my family for no reason. What steps can I take to make them cease their calls?
Thank you.
Sincerely, Maria Kocon

Comments

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2008

Dear Maria Kocon,
    you can have your phone number changed and unlisted, That should stop the calls. You could also make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau again ( online) this time . I have gotten good results by making my complaints online. You could also make a complaint with The SCC (State Corporation Commission) and The FCC ( Federal Communication Commission) and The Federal Trade Commission also The Consumer Protection Agency and also with your Telephone Company. When this company calls again get the name of the company, the persons name, the address of the company, the Phone number of the company, the time and date of the calls and any other information that you will need to make the complaints, also send the company a Certified letter with a" Cease of Communication Notice" enclosed. The company is suppose to have sent you a written " Notice of Debt" if they did not, that will be part of your complaint to the F.C.C. and if they have threated you or your family with bodily harm you should also make a call to the Police. All of this should cease the calls and harassment. I hope I have been able to help you in some small way. Most all of these complaints can be made online. Make sure you print copies of all the complaints and the "Cease of Communication Notice.

12th of Nov, 2008

Dear Parker Orfield,
    I was trying to avoid changing my telephone number for several different reasons but the main one is simply because it is my phone number and they shouldn't be calling it. It's the principle of the whole thing in my view. When an individual receives a call from them and firmly lets them know that they have the wrong phone number and to please take your number off of their list, they should automatically do as requested. You would think it would save the collection agency time and money by doing so. However, I do appreciate your response and information as it seems very helpful in this situation. The Cease of Communication Notice especially, Again thank you very much,
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Maria Kocon

• Tj
      29th of Nov, 2008

I also am having problems with this company, Nelson Watson. I am glad I chose to check out the websites! Parker Orfield you have given excellent advice and I am greatful for your knowledge on this because this company's employees can be so rude, obnoxious and threatening that it's ridiculous!! My Aunt unfortunately has been having to deal with them and to help her get the situation corrected I stepped in to help her because she is older and doesn't need the drama, stress or threats!! But now they have decided to attack me and my family and all I was trying to do was settle my Aunts very small account!!! Not only are they unprofessional they don't communicate with each other!! I wonder where they find people to do these jobs??!!! Thanks again for your information Parker!! Now hopefully with the ONE professional person I spoke with this can all get resolved and they will communicate with each other and realize the debt is paid & they can start harrassing someone new! Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!

• Sc
      13th of Mar, 2009

Nelsonon, Watson and Associates will go to very extreme and illegal measures to collect a debt. They Are Criminal!!!
    Even called third parties, siblings etc. on a debt that I am challenging legally!

• To
      14th of Jan, 2010

Same story here. Did you know if you are an AT&T wireless customer, which I am, you can block up to 15 numbers from ever calling you! Its a feature called, SMART LIMITS under their Parental Control section. Just input the number and they cant reach you by phone. Not sure if other carriers offer this, you should check. Otherwise, same stories with Nelson, Watson & ###.

• Li
      28th of Jan, 2010

I also have the same dilemma. For about 2 wks the same phone number keeps calling my phone everyday 3 times morning, afternoon & evening I know since I have caller ID. A few times I answered the phone there was a buzzing noise then a click like someone was listening in. The other times I never answered the phone bc I knew it was the same caller at the same time as usual. Finally I wanted to find out who was harrassing me w/ these calls so I called them back right away & I found out it was Nelson Watson & Associates. That's when I took it a step further & looked them up on the internet to find out info about them & read that they are quite persistent w/ their job till they get a customer.
    Linda Orr

10th of Mar, 2010

I work there, its really nottttt that bad. Cant say I know how everyone else handles phone calls, but when someone tells me wrong number, I add that to our do not call list and move on to something that will actually get me somewhere instead of wasting my time on someone that isnt that person. Ive been told by sooo many consumers that Ive been the nicest debt collector that they have spoken to. What I may suggest, is calling up the company and telling them to put you on the block list. Good luck if they actually go through with it, but I know I do it for people all day long. Im sure most of you that read my response will be totally against what I do for work. But im 19, and its a easy easy easy good paying job. Just trying to get by.

• Hz
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Nelson, Watson & Associates, LLC. BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE UNETHICAL, AND IN SOME STATES ILLEGAL!

This company is harassing me also and I have no account with them, or any of their clients... they keep calling looking for someone named Melisa ? I have no idea how they got my number or why they are calling me...

At first I thought it was just a wrong number but they keep calling back even though they have been told every time there is no Melisa reachable via my home phone number.

I am located on the West coast and they are located on the East coast, so now that have started calling my home early in the morning and waking everyone up, and then getting combative with me when i tell him to stop calling.

I have filed an online complaint with the BBB office for Haverhill, MA. where they are located. I also filed a consumer complaint with my state Attorney General's office. In my home state if it were a person making calls like this I could make a criminal harassment complaint...

I intend to be a persistent as they are in getting them held accountable for their unethical, and illegal business practices!

• Bi
      28th of Apr, 2010

Whoa!! This is nuts! Today, this "agency" called my work! I've never rec'd any correspondence from any creditors via MY WORK PHONE! I am not in "collections" with any of my creditors. If I were in trouble with any of my creditors, THEY would know how & where to contact me, right?

They've got my first name & my work ph# & thats all they have. I don't believe that this company is on the UP & UP! When my boss gets back on Monday, I'm going to share with him this info & I know that he will slap all the possible citations/violations that he can onto this "Nelson, Watson" Company.