Neiman Marcus / Unethical behavior. The company sent me a knock off case for 700 dollar sunglasses.

Gentlemen,

Good Morning. First let me tell you a little about myself. My name if Chief Warrant Officer 4 Anthony Ford. I have been in the United States Navy for almost 28 years. I have been a commissioned officer for over 10 years and I love it. I am an avid collector of sunglasses. I own like 10 pairs of Dita Sunglasses and 4 pairs of Cazal SungIasses. With that being said I am always on the hunt for unique quality sunglasses. Which is why I ord​ered a pair of Cazal Sunglasses from Nieman Marcus sometime last week (ORDER WN12471268800) When I received the box, I was actually very excited. After further investigation, I became very disgusted and insulted. Not only did they have the WRONG case in the box, it was a letter from the manager storage basically saying that she is sorry that they didn't have the proper case in stock.

First off, I have a huge problem with this. Nieman Marcus is considered one of the most elite department stores in the United States if not in the world. Your company is on the same level as say Saks Fifth Ave or Barneys. That is why I was so shocked that you manager wrote that letter. I guess her thought was here's the case and just deal with it. You want to know my real feelings. I feel if I was say one of your rich regular millionaire customers, a Nieman Marcus rep would have reached out and contacted the customer and asked them if they still wanted the item with the wrong case.. The disheartening piece is the intent was there to try and deceive me. As I stated earlier, the manager wrote a letter apologizing about the missing case. According to a supervisor that I talked to yesterday named "Maggie" she told me that I should have never seen that note. So I'm assuming that it was accidently sent to me and it was only for the warehouse eyes. So that tells me that manager that wrote the note was being deceitful. I fell like my civil rights were violated. They should have reached out to me if before mailing me some $ 700.00 sunglasses with a crappy off-brand case. This is unsat. I don't trust Neiman Marcus and I will never do business with them again.

VERY SHADY DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES. BUSH LEAGUE. I WOULD EXPECT THIS FROM WALMART OR TARGET. NOT NEIMAN MARCUS!!

So in summation, I am going to say this. I have been in the Navy for a long time. I have access to a plethora of resources to bring this situation to the light to the let the public know, because your company really screwed me royally and I am hurt. I cant believe that a company that is considered top tier has such dirty business practices and deceit. This letter I have can validate everything that I am saying. II understand totally how powerful that your company is. If I checked, you're probably a multi-billion dollar corporation. However, the Unitedd States Navy is pretty powerful too. Understand they have a team of hungry Navy JAG lawyers that deal with situations like mine everyday. Unlike your company, they protect there Sailors. It seems to me like you are just about making money. Well at least in my situation. . I really don't want this to become a big deal. However, I sure can take it there. I am not making any threats by any stretch of the imagination. However, I paid over 700 dollars for some sunglasses and am not going to be treated like the scum of the earth by your company. But this is 2018 and I refused to be treated like this. I honestly fell like your company caters to its rich clients. And people like me, (a Naval Officer of 28 years), get treated like a slave that has no voice. Its amazing how I can die for my country but can get the respect of a multi-billion dollar corporation Iike Nieman Marcus. I am not sure if are gong to respond to this email or not and that's fine. If you doe that's great. But if you don't, I going to pursue this issue with everything I have in my being. My voice will be heard. I want to be perfectly clear, sending me the correct case will not fix this problem.

Very Repectfully,

Anthony Ford,

[protected]

• Updated by antlive79@hotmail.com, Nov 11, 2018

They have corrected my problem to my satisfaction. If possible, I would like to take my complaint taken off your website. Thank you.

An
Nov 2, 2018

Comments

• Ad
      8th of Nov, 2018

They will give you your money back plus your story will be heard on Facebook.com/nmnewscoverage

11th of Nov, 2018

@adam silber I have resolved this issue with Nieman Marcus.