Neiman Marcusunethical and racist behavior

On April 28, 2018, I attempted to return an Este Lauder Foundation at the Galleria Mall location in South Florida. A rep came over and asked if I needed help, I told her I had a return. She looked pass me and notice someone else at the counter and asked her if she needed help. My friend told her she was with me (did I mention I am African American and my friend is Italian). The rep then said "I need you receipt" I told her I had my receipt, she began to ask why I was returning the product. I attempted to explain that I had the wrong shade and had gone to Macys which was closer to home to replace the product. She walked away looking in the display case to see if my product was different. She then said she needed a manager before I could return the product. She called for someone but no one answered. She opened the foundation and began to pour it in the cap (all while I looked in disbelief). I asked if there was a problem and she mentioned that my box was unwrapped.
I told her that from where I was standing, majority of the same products (over thirty were unwrapped and only about eight had wrappings. She ignored me and later said "this was not her department" and called out to another sales rep. She was louder than she needed to be and condescending.
Her behavior was rude and demeaning that my friend walked away and later asked if I had gotten finger printed. I was treated like a common criminal and someone who from her behavior had no place in that store.
My friend (without my knowledge) asked to speak to a manager who was apologetic and kind with her words said she would speak to the associate. You see, the problem I have with that is, no one ever thought the associate should have apologized to me.
I maybe African American and a misfit, but I have a doctorate and as an educator for over twenty three years take pride in being kind, helpful and respectful to all.

Ja
Apr 29, 2018

Comments

• Pa
      Nov 30, 2018

This is a bad company to do business with. I have been a customer in the past. I will not be one in the future. I called the 888 number in early October to order and pay for the Christmas catalog. I was told I would receive it in about a week. Two weeks went by, no catalog. I called the 888 number again. I was told that the Christmas catalog had not been sent out yet but that they had my order and I should receive it by the beginning of November. Catalog was not received. I called again in early November. This time my case was escalated to a supervisor. She said she had sent a request to the appropriate department and that I would either receive my catalog or a refund. I called again around November 13th. I was told that the catalogs had been sent out and there were no others however I would receive a refund. I called my bank today. It is now the end of November. No catalog, no refund. Avoid this company like the plague!

• Ad
      Dec 24, 2018

Contact your credit card company for refund

• Te
      Oct 05, 2019

I went Neiman Marcus in Garden City, New York twice. Had a bad experience there. First time, I was being followed by security for 15 minutes. Security guard followed me very closely making me feel so uncomfortable as I was picking out the clothes. I don't know what was his problem. If you don't want people to shop there then lock the doors. I ended up carrying the clothes to the cashier and told the lady behind the cash register I decided that I don't want to buy it. I am not going to pay so much money for these items while being treated like this. He probably thinks I cannot afford it and going to steal it. Oh please, how are you able to judge if a person can afford it or not? Low life.
    Second time I went there, I was checking out a Givenchy sweater which was around $1, 000.00. A sales guy walked up and asked "How are you doing?", I answer "Good, and how are you?". He smiled and look at me from head to toe and toe to head. I went on to checking out the sweater while he stands there and stares at me. So eventually I said to him that I am checking out this sweater. He just continued staring at me and said nothing. The stare he gave me was telling me he doesn't welcome me here. He thinks I cannot afford it. Oh please, I make more than double of what he makes. Initially, I was surprised that the $1, 000.00 Givenchy sweater was covered with so much dust. Of course it is covered with dust because no one is going to buy anything with you staring at them like that. That sweater is probably there for months collecting dust.
    I heard that the people who looks like they can afford clothes there end up returning after they wore it to a party or special occasion. The people who looks like they cannot afford it end up buying, keeping it and never return it. Eventually the only people who shops there are people who would return it. I can see the people who works there is going to run the store down. I feel sorry for the people who built this company, put all the hard work into it so people underneath will run in to the ground. I rather shop at a least expensive store and get treated better. I would be stupid to pay so much for clothes and get treated like this.