Neibauer Dental Care / dental services - 4 crowns and inflated costs

Waldorf, MD, United States

I have been a patient at Neibauer Dental Care for over 9 years. Most recently, I have become extremely disenchanted with the level of service and what I believe to be price gauging.

Firstly, for a recent visit I had, the level of services were awful. The Office Manager threw a clipboard my way and scolded me to update my records. The clipboard landed to the floor, which is exactly where I left it and from that point, refused to complete the paperwork. She operated in complete distaste, rude and obnoxious. I wrote in to complain about this with no resolve.

Upon my first of visits to prepare for crowns that were needed, when the dentist was examining my teeth in preparation for the CROWN, she knocked a former crown off that was in tact when I arrived. And guess what, I was responsible to pay for that even though, the dentist knocked the crown off with her dental tool. Guess the common practice is to be responsible for someone else's error. So whether the former crown was steady or loose, I came into the office with it in tact, and left needing 4 crowns versus the 3 I came in originally for.

Again the receptionist asked me to pay for a service I had not received. I had not received the crowns, nor had I received the temporary crowns but was asked to pay for them in advance of the service. I thought this was the most ridiculous thing to ask a patient to pay for something they haven't received. I felt it to be a very antiquated "slave mentality", "afraid the worker will run off with the goods so why not penalize them first" then see if they can really pay, let's just get the money now. This disturbed me the most of everything.

Then we get to the temporary crowns, they were not appropriately installed, thus leading me to swallow one and having to visit the emergency room to clear my system. I then had to pay out of pocket to visit another dentist to place another temporary crown since I swallowed the one installed in my mouth, incurring additional expenses.

Finally, the costs. I received several different quotes, or should I say SEVERAL incorrect quotes regarding the services. In writing I was provided an invoice outlining my costs. The invoice stated that after insurance payments my out of pocket expenses would be $1485, which I was in fact prepared to pay in full with the final installation. Well, as expectation would have it, the lady providing the quote said she made a mistake some two weeks later, hand marked the $1485 out, and then my costs more than tripled. I have a balance of $4200 which continues to increase. I am extremely puzzled as I am being charged fees that are not reasonable and customary.

To right the wrong, especially with the breaking of a former crown, my expectation would have been that Neibauer honor its' commitment of the invoice I first received, replaced the crown knocked out by the dentist at no charge to me, pay the costs for me having to go to another dentist for a temporary crown or visiting the emergency room. Any level of customer support would have been appreciated. And to this date, the bite of the crowns are still off and pains to chew.

Can I have my 10 years worth of dental records PLEASE, I plan to immediately take my services elsewhere. Please and thank you! M. Atkinson

Mi