Negri ElectronicsCoupon Scam- Poor Customer Service

1 Review updated:

I researched Negri Electronics only after having a problem with Mr. Ryan Negri.

Sadly, they are indeed the scammers they are portrayed here and in other forums and BBB complaints.

In my situation, I placed an order on his website for over $700 on a new phone. The website clearly and UNCONDITIONALLY stated that there was FREE shipping on all orders over $499, thereby qualifying me for the offer.

I used a $25 online coupon which was perfectly legit since the free shipping offer did not exclude it ANYWHERE on his site. Later when I reviewed my bill, there was a FedEx shipping charge.

I contacted Negri THREE times and no response. On the fourth try, I got a response from Ryan Negri stating that I was not eligible because I had used a coupon. I responded by stating that there was no such condition on his website and that I wanted my shipping refunded.

Within minutes of my email, Ryan Negri responds telling me that if I refuse the shipment I will be charged a refusal fee of $25 and that I would not receive a refund for my shipping charges. In turn, I responded that it was not acceptable and that if I did not receive my shipping refund I would be filing a credit card company chargeback. Guess what... here's HIS rude and thoughtful reply:

Thank you for your honest email and your attempt to threaten us here and Negri Electronics. It's great to have such loyal and honest customers who are put such high values on morals. Its unfortunate that you placed the order and paid for shipping. Paying for the item at the price stated is actually a legal binding contract, and you may fight this with your card company or with us. I have no intention of refunding your shipping charges, nor do I have any intention of assisting you in your order in any way. You have gone above and beyond as far as your actions and no customer will EVER extort me or my company and get away with it. Please refuse the order and you will be refunded according to our store policies. I do not have to elaborate how absurd your request is when using a $25 off coupon, but you get the just of it. Do what you wish. Since the item is discontinued we will have no issues reselling this. Again, have a great night.

I suppose in Ryan Negri's world, a customer asking for a refund on shipping charges is considered "Extortion". In the common world, it is known as getting what you paid for. I paid for a product in good faith and under the falsely advertised offer of FREE shipping. If that was not his intent, then he should not advertise it as such. Here's his ad which he's now removed:

For a limited time, Negri Electronics is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $499.99. Every order over $499.99 will qualify for Free Ground Shipping. No coupon code is required. All orders that qualify for Free Shipping will ship within 24 hours of placing your order. Your order will ship FedEx Ground, unless the item is in stock at our distribution center in Hong Kong. In this case your order will still ship 2nd day air - free of charge.
This is our "Thank You" to you for being loyal customers. This offer is limited and will expire October 1st, 2010.

Anyone even thinking about doing business with Negri Electronics or Ryan Negri should consider his lengthy public record of scams and exploited customers. Add me to that list. Unlike most that have been successfully screwed by him, I WILL NOT. Mr. Negri has never learned that every once in a while in life you run into that one individual you should never attempt to screw. I happen to be one of those persons, I despise cheats, scammers, and common thugs.

It took my Credit Card company less than 8 hours to process my chargeback complaint against Negri Electronics.

Evidently the Credit Card company found the evidence so overwhelmingly convincing that it did not merit any delays. I encourage all that have been wrongfully charged by Negri Electronics or have unresolved quality and/or return issues with Ryan Negri and Negri Electronics to promptly file their complaints. Be sure to save all transcripts, receipts, or web site snapshots as evidence and submit them with your complaints.

Above all, be persistent and don't take NO for an answers, from Negri or the Credit Card company. As consumers, we have rights that can only be preserved when we fight for them and not just roll-over in futile acceptance.

Complaints with other consumer protection sites, BBB, as well as Federal and State agencies will follow. Until such time that Ryan Negri and Negri Electronics atones for their deeds with a sincere apology and change their reprehensible business practices, threads like these will continue to inform the public and serve as a red flag to potential Negri victims.

Comments

• Gu
      Sep 12, 2010

I'm not sure what kind of research you did about Negri but the stuff I've found, AFTER reading this, was overwhelmingly positive.

I've been a customer of Ryan since 2007 and trust me, I've put them through some hell and they've still been polite and helpful, EVEN though I didn't buy a phone from them the first time.
    They DID however help me set up my phone that I got somewhere else AND shipped to them and they did it for free.

I'm not sure what happened or that I really understand it but there's also a little matter of how you approach people. I've found that if I have problems and approach people nicely, I tend to get a lot more help.

Again, I have had nothing but good help, service and products from them and from what I've read on the forums, this seems to be the general concensus.

Is it possible that ### goes wrong? Sure, at some point something WILL go wrong. That's the nature of things.
    Now, I'm not a friend of Ryans, nor have I been to their store but dammit, I've had great service from them and I have by bought my phones ever since I sold that piece of ### iPhone that I got locally and I plan on buying ALL my future phones from him.

George

Sep 12, 2010

Well George, I certainly don't know what research YOU did but Google, Forums, Blogs, and my OWN personal experience do NOT lie.

Perhaps you had a good experience with Negri, I DID NOT, and neither have any of the customers like me that filed BBB complaints or have had to file chargebacks to get their money back.

Yes, things CAN go wrong, a SCAM is not one of them and neither is the justification to belittle; harass; scam; cheat; or degrade a customer. His emails do NOT lie either.

Again, I am very happy for your experience and hope that you never go through the crap that I did.

Lastly, the front that Negri puts up as being this mega-warehouse established business is total ###. You state that you've never been to his store, well there is NO STORE! Five minutes of internet research will not only reveal his multiple shady personalities but also reaveal that his "distribution" headquarters is his apartment in Costa Mesa California; that he's been/is under investigation for theft and crimes related to cellular phones; and that he's just a common thug.

Obviously he's NOT listed in the yellow pages under the "thug" section, but anyone with a room temperature IQ can reach the conclusion that he's just a dishonest opportunistic bad person.

Again, the evidence that is publicly available is overwhelming as is my own personal experience.

• Ry
      Sep 18, 2010

Ryan Negri is a psycho. Google stalker and his name.
    This guy spams people and is a harasser. PROOF http://tinyurl.com/RyanNegriScams

Not trying to troll just know a FEW people this guy harassed if he does not get his way. Contact Costa Mesa Police or Minocqua, WI Police and ask if there have been any reports about him. JUST ASK!

This guy is a loon keep away.

• Ry
      Oct 24, 2010

I had a bad experience with RYAN ...this guy is a scammer and intimidates people and business

this is what i found out about him

Ladies and Gentleman, Current Customers and Future Customers,

There seems to be confusion when it comes to defining a “scam” and a “disagreement”. So this post will be able to assist you in telling the two terms apart.

A scam is when someone, whether it be a company or an individual knowingly does something to harm you, in exchange for money. There are many forms of scams, such as offering products that are replicas and offering them as authentic, selling used models as “new”, or simply collecting money with no intention of delivering a product at all.

Negri Electronics has been on the victimized side of each one of the above examples, and has NEVER been the ones leading the scam. Never will you find stories about Negri Electronics offering product and not delivering. On occasion you will see an unhappy customer posting a review such as the one reiterated repeatedly all over the web regarding a coupon code negating a “Free Shipping Special”. Of course when people are angry they will post what comes to their mind, while the customer felt he was “ripped off” for $10, after using a $25 coupon – it seems he came out ahead $15 and still wanted more…so he began to post on any website he could find claiming we “ripped him off”.

Rarely do we entertain these reports or these complaints, but lately it has been blown out of proportion with more and more people referencing this one instance. The instance where our site was automated not to offer the free shipping in combination with a coupon. Of course our site is our responsibility, however if the customer did not want to pay the shipping, the order should not have been completed. Every customer sees the total due before proceeding to pay. In this instance the customer did see the $10 shipping charge and proceeded to pay for the shipping on his credit card, clicking the “complete my order” button. Once the item was shipped, he contacted us to ask for a refund. Unfortunately once the order ships we are unable to adjust the orders total.

Regardless, the posts have been made the damage has been done and the customer now has a difficult decision to make; who to purchase their next high end wireless device from. The answer still remains Negri Electronics. We are here for our customers close to 24/7, we offer the best products in the world, at the most competitive prices and still offer the best customer service you are able to find- worldwide. Our customers have spoken and left outstanding reviews, and you can read REAL customer reviews here
    There you will see actual customers who have purchased items from us over the last years. The requirement needed to leave a review is to have a shipped order from Negri Electronics. Of course we can not please everyone 100% of the time, but we can do our best to make sure that the customer is satisfied before, during and after the sale. A lot of the reviews you will see are from customers praising our service, which we feel is the most important aspect of the sale. It’s not the products, it’s not the prices, and it’s the personal attention that Negri Electronics offers to all of its customers. When you call Negri Electronics you get to speak to a real person, and within 30 seconds of your call you are given the information you need to place your order. We know that your time is valuable, and that shopping is never fun when it takes “too long”, so we work as quickly as possible to make sure you have what you need to make a buying decision.

We know that you will make the correct decision when buying a wireless device; we hope that you will give us a chance to show you that we are the #1 Store for all your High End Wireless needs. We will be here before, during and after the sale and for years to come. We will not let negative reviews hurt us; we will use them to make ourselves better. We can not stop false postings, we can not stop people from reading them, and we can promise that you will have your best shopping experience and the best customer service here at Negri Electronics.

Negri Electronics
    Your Honest Source for High End Wireless Electronics

Oct 24, 2010

RYAN extorts people and harrasses them

check this site

• Ph
      Oct 24, 2010

Negri has a severe case of Little Man Complex and is probably one of the rudest, dysfunctional, and most unprofessional people you will ever encounter. Passive aggressive, petty, unscrupulous midget who makes enemies everywhere he goes.

The worst kinds of scams are the ones that do just enough legitimate business to be able to stick around. His parents should have kept that little nerd in their basement playing W.O.W. and collecting action figures, instead of giving him money to run a sham business.

Oct 27, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman, Current Customers and Future Customers, and for those of you not courageous enough to leave user names;

Negri Electronics
    Your Honest Source for High End Wireless Electronics

•   Dec 19, 2010

I have been buying for negri electronics for quite sometime and they have never failed to complete my needs...it so unfair that sometimes small misunderstanding can lead to events like this...hoping that those who posted negatively will change their mind...as for me, negri electronics has serve me well...

• Mi
      Feb 18, 2011

It seems that the original complainer was too lazy to read the final charge at the end and went back to demand a refund for something that was asked of him before he completed the order.
    Also, this is also to note that these other "users" who have names like negri is a scammer or negri is scary seem to be more like from the same person just trying to build their case. The internet is a wonderful thing, but some people abuse because of the veil of anonymity.

• Se
      Mar 17, 2011

When there's stink, there's often S H I T. In 30 yrs of my fathers business, he has dealt with some crazies, but Mr.Negri in his very own statements here is showing who and what he is about, his defense is actually more of a counter attack and is just passive aggressive BS. There is nothing professional about your comments here Mr.Negri, it's clear from your own posting here that there is some truth to what is said to you, because in business it's not about how you handle the easy transaction, the ones with no problems, it's about how you handle the bad ones, and you are not doing too well. The customer is always right, even when their wrong, and as a professional you must never take things personal, even if a customer makes it personal, you are unable to do this. And if your site stated free shipping, but the guy clicked the confirm, what difference does that make, your site made a claim and you didn't honor it, there go the credit card company do a charge back, you are here and have taken zero responsibility for that transaction issue, stating bad things happen and people have bad days or something to that effect, I think you think your entitled to act out, well your not and the reason I wont be buying from you isn't because of the negative post about you, it's the one you posted here in reply to it, and that you got a couple of buddies, family members, or one post even reads like your writing style too. Change your companies online name and learn by your mistakes!

• Ti
      Jun 15, 2011

My overall experience from NEGRI ELECTRONICS was EXCELLENT. I will definitely be purchasing more products. Items are high quality and were received on time. My Customer Service Rep. "Ryan" was friendly and provided the EXCELLENT SERVICE. Thank you Negri Elect. for a wonderful experience.

• Fi
      Jun 16, 2011

I got the recomendation to buy online on Negri Electronics and I was investigating some mobile phones models, and then I'd contacted the online support and they gave me all assistance needed. In this way I felt comfortable and I could see they're compromised on what they're doing and interested to clarify the customer's questions. I bought twice from Negri Electronics and I'd buy another time for sure.

• Ha
      Jun 16, 2011

I totally DISAGREE!!! My experience was great. I was a bit concerned because I had never heard of this company, and the item I was purchasing (a Nokia N800 internet tablet) was going out of stock everywhere, so I actually called them up to ask if it was really in stock. They told me that they had one or two left, so I got off the phone still not 100% confident that they had it, but it shipped that day and arrived in completely new condition. So, I am very happy with my purchase, and would do business with Negri Electronics again!

• De
      Jun 16, 2011

I was very pleased with my purchase through NEgri electronics. I found the need to call them directly so that I could get some additional information on the product. The response was beyond my expectations and they gave me advice on which specific items would suit my needs the best. I would highly recommend Negri to anyone who needs to purchsase these items or any other electronic item. The order was shipped on time and arrived in excellent condition.

• Je
      Jun 17, 2011

My purchase was handled really well by Negri Electronics. I had no complications in the process and my items were shipped on time (as promised). After receiving the items, I needed some assistance in a technical matter and the Negri company was very attentive to these needs. Having experienced this service firsthand, I would not hesitate to purchase from Negri in the future.

• Kh
      Jun 17, 2011

Negri Electronics handled my order quickly, my items which were at an excellent price were shipped to me within 24 hours using the shipping method that I wanted as shipping is a big issue for me living in a remote location. As for communication, Negri is on top of this too always letting you know where your order is at any moment until it's in your hand! Thanks Negri!

Jun 18, 2011

WOw... The original complaint poster is a big liar. Well, I did not encounter any problems with my purchase for Samsung i9100 Galaxy SII from Negri Electronics. Everything was delivered quite fast though using Google Checkout. For the first time I felt a little worried when there were no any notifications for a day after the initial notifications they sent right after the purchase. I will surely order my next tablet i.e Motorola Xoom Tablet from Negri Electronics.

• Th
      Jun 18, 2011

I strongly condemn your complaint. Negri Electronics quickly responds to inquires, which is the main reason I didn't get nervous about a long preorder period and cancel my order. Great selection at great prices. Phone arrived in shrink wrap original with an extra US powersupply and packaged really well in a Negri Box. Shipping was fast and the tracking was spot on for delivery. Will shop with them again.

• Co
      Jun 18, 2011

I think this complaint should be closed immediately as the complaint starter has got no valid proofs of purchase or not even any proof of receipts. For me, I ordered my phone on this Saturday and got the UPS notice by Thursday. I had to pay customs, import rights, taxes and whatnot, but that's the way it is when buying things from outside Colombia. All in all, a good experience. Would buy again at Negri Electronics.

Jun 21, 2011

Hey Hello. I've been buying from Negri Electronics since 3 years and I've never engaged in even any small problem till now. I've always used a coupon on their website so I can buy their products in cheap price. The last coupon I used was "sb35offjkh" and got a 35% discount from them. Overall, Negri Electronics is the best for buying any electronics. I've purchased a Motorola Xoom Tablet, Samsung i9100 Galaxy SII and Iphone4 from Negri Electronics up till now. Negri Rockkzz

• Sh
      Jun 22, 2011

I was so shocked reading the top comment that Coupon doesn't work. I purchased Windows Mobile from Negri Electronics which cost $299 (cheapest in the whole world) and I used a coupon for $15 discount. Wow.. This product came to me in the cheapest price tag I can even think of. Hatsoff Mr Ryan Negri. You are your company are the best. Thanks from Germany

• Ba
      Jun 22, 2011

I liked how Negri Electronics handled my order, i received my product fast and in excellent condition, I'm glad i made this purchase in Negri Electronics, and if i need to buy something else i would do it here and i would recommend this site to my friends.

• Ke
      Jun 25, 2011

Negri Electronics is the most trust-able company I've ever dealt with. The company is very friendly with a heavy list of cell phones and other electronics to choose. I'll definitely shop with them again.

• Ha
      Jun 26, 2011

This is a whole incorrect information. I've been a customer of Negri Electronics since 2009 and they've provided me excellent customer services. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Motorola XOOM Tablet worth $513.50 with all discount coupons and Google Checkout promotional discount. I was so amazed to use that tablet which arrived to me within 2 days of my purchase. LONG LIVE NEGRI ELECTRONICS

• Su
      Jun 28, 2011

Although I am a new member here. But I done a really heavy research either Negri Electronics is a true dealer or not. And here are my findings

A+ on BBB Ratings
    9/10 on ResellerRatings
    4.4/5 on Google Checkout

You can check them yourself. The conclusion is that Negri Electronics is a true online retailer with many many feedbacks. Hence proved that Negri Electronics is not a scam

• He
      Jul 06, 2011

Complainant is some kinda mad person I've ever seen. Negri Electronics and Co. is a true provider of original material and electronic equipments. I've been trading with them for a time being now. Negri know how to deal nice with their customers and also knows the ground reality. I'm sure that Negri Electronics is very old and unique in this business. I would rely more on Negri Electronics than Amazon or even Ebay.

• Ab
      Jul 08, 2011

Negri Electronics has always replied to me with their positive ones. Their services are extraordinary and their shipment is blazing fast. Would not only recommend but confirm their legality.

• Ab
      Jul 08, 2011

I ordered HTC Salsa from Negri Electronics and rec'd it in less than 3 days. I was happy. But then, I had some personal and family problems and needed some money. I didn't know what to do. I thought that why not send the phone to Negri again and tell him that the phone was defective (it was not), so I'll get my money back. Then I suddenly thought that why not I have a talk with his CEO. I asked their customer service to let me have a talk with him. I a few minutes Ryan J. Negri (Negri Electronics CEO) was there and I was in a full talk mode with him. I told him about my problems and insisted him to refund my money as I needed it. Ryan immediately gave me my money back as soon as he rec'd the phone at his office. I was happy to rec my money in seconds.

And now, I got much money. I have ordered a Samsung Galaxy i9100 SII from his website as well as Apple Iphone 4 32GB. He also gave me a huge discount as I was his old customer. If not even old, then even I could avail this discount offer. I found these coupon codes online too. All in all, Negri Electronics truly Rocksx...