Neeta Travels / Unethical business practises

India Review updated:
Neeta travels is the most unethical travel agency in operations right now. I booked a ticket for my mother from Mumbai to Kolhapur which is a direct service, they charged Rs.500, when the usual fare is Rs. 300 -350. After this they kept on picking hitch hikers all the way from bombay and went on to drop them in Pune city. They took the full advantage of the fact that people would be sleep and wont notice.

Next week when I booked a ticket for me and my brother... the charges went up to Rs. 700...Which was shocking.

Even if someone is charging a premium, they should provide certain level of service for that... but with Neeta Travels it is disappointment all the from Start till end.

I am sure there are many people who have suffered through the hands of Neeta Travels... Beware. Thank you.

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2008
  23rd of Apr, 2008
  31st of Oct, 2008
I have booked one ticket of Neeta pavit volve from Hyderabad (Lakdika pool) to Pune from ticketvala.com for travel on 31st Oct 2008. The seat no was allotted was C3 (that is third row). The seat was reserved after confirmation with me on phone (I have Given prefernce of third row over back seats)
First the bus came late (22:00 hrs instead of scheduled 20:45 Hrs)
But when i get into the bus i was offered different seat (7th row) I have a repeated back pain due to carrying laptop.
The same problem was with most of the co-passangers (They were given different seats than the reserved seats)
I called up Ticketvala Call Center & told my grievence. The lady on phone gave me the phone of Mr. Madhav Reddy (Owner of the travel).
I tried to call him twice (But due to noise could not make it)
I again called Ticketvala Call Center; the lady on phone asked the cleaner to give my seat back.
The cleaned agreed on phone but stick to his plan. After repeated follow-up the cleaner started arguing.
The bus cleaner was very arrogant and asked me to get down at KPHB.
The cleaner has also taken my ticket (and also of copassengers) and not given it back (Hence i do not have a proof; except the envelop from ticketvala.com)
Since my going to pune was important (and no other option was available) i taken the seat and completed the journey.
But it has aggrevated my back pain.
Over & above, the mental agony & the humiliation, I suffered in front of the co-passengers.
It is better to book government bus/ train tickets than any private travel. This will help govenment and will be a service to nation rather than putting money in somebodies pocket.