Nedbank / they are pathetic, and are all to keen to take my money but do not follow on their promises to me

1 United States

I recently opened a cheque account with Nedbank. I was told that I would be given a CHIP AND PIN bank card due to increased card fraud etc.

I drew money from an ABSA ATM and my new chip and pin card was swallowed! I got a replacement card a week later and went to draw cash at an ATM and it happened again. I phoned customer services and was told it was a clash in software between NEDBANK and other ATMS that resulted in the card being swallowed! I was promised that i would not have to pay for the replacement cards, an amount of R125 each!!

They have since charged me for 3 card replacements listed as 'LOST CARD' fee. I have been trying for the last 2months to sort this out and get passed from pillar to post! I have ceased to put money into this account until they rectify the problem! I bank with another institution as well so have used them in the interim.

My account with Nedbank is now overdrawn affecting my credit status. They are pathetic, and are all to keen to take my money but do not follow on their promises to me, the client! Once they have reversed these charges I will settle my account and close it never to bank with NEDBANK in the future!