Nedbankunauthorized deductions of my account

J Review updated:

Nedbank has in the past 2 weeks deducted 2 deductions of my account without authorization and they tried again today i stood in the bank last week for 4 hours trying to sort this out and i spoke to about +/- 15 people and stil got nowhere and they just keep passing me around from one department to another and no one wants to take responsibility for the deductions and when phoning there legal department you hang onto a ringing phone for 20 minutes without them attending to the call i feel if they are doing this to me they must surely be doing this to others aswell there service is pathetic and unprofessional and not one looks like they know what they are doing. Well they left me no choice but to report them to the credit regulators and put out a piece of my mind in the newspapers and if so cost them clients and money like they are costing me . I will be closing my account with them and informing everyone i know and see about the pathetic bank they call Nedbank and recommend they go elsewhere. Nedbank is a thief by no other name than that.

• O
      Jul 31, 2009
    nedbank/credit built - dispute default
    South Africa

I have a default on my credit record because of credit built through nedbank. I opened an account with credit built where i was granted R6000 credit which i did not use in full. I used up R3000 of the credit and still had R3000 left, this was not used and therefore i stopped payments on this account because i had not used the credit granted.

Dec 04, 2009
    Nedbank - OUTSTANDING LOAN
    C. Du Piesanie
    South Africa

I am currently a cheque account holder at Nedbank for 2 years. I recently received a final demand for payment of a outstanding loan dating back to 1998. This seems ridiculous to me as i cannot remember ever having a account with your company to qualify for a loan in the first place. How can you as bank expect me to keep prove off payment for ten years or maybe even longer.
    Why if i did not pay did it take ten years to contact me . This whole matter seems nonsense and i would like your company to please sort this problem out as soon as possible.
    Carl

• B
      Apr 27, 2010
    Nedbank - Robotic Idiot service onee they get what they want
    Netbank

When I first activated my card I reached customer service. Oh! they were so eager to get my information, including my social security number. Then the next that happened got an international charge of $1.50 after that they actually wrote a check for $10.99 for Family Savings. I never ordered this and have a dispute with them. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED AND ARE DANGEROUS PREDITORS. PLEASE have them stopped.

• D
      Jun 28, 2010

I need an account no for a staff personal loan I had and which was supposed to be closed when I was FIRED.
    In the end, your were so friendly to hand this account over to attorneys, they phoned and informed me of that. I am still waiting for the account and ref number which I must use, I must pay the first instalment on Wednesday.
    Phoned you client service this morning, gave my ID no and the lady (not very friendly) could not get an account in my name.
    I might help you, this was a Welkom account and it started with 1134...
    Could you please get back to me before Wednesday, if possible.
    I Greyling - [protected]

• D
      Aug 20, 2010
    Nedbank - Nedbank has the least ATM's available to clients than any other bank in SA
    nedbank.co.za

Nedbank has the least ATM's available to clients than any other bank in SA. This totally inconveniences us, as everytime we need cash, we need to either drive to the bank, or search far and wide until we find an ATM somewhere. More often than not, we are forced to use atm's of another bank. With NEdbank being aware of their lack of ATM's would it not make sense for them to charge LESS fees when we are forced to use other atm's? Seeing as how our options are so very limited when it comes to theirs?

I honestly think you guys should rethink your charges to clients.

• A
      Aug 30, 2010
    Nedbank - For a company advertising service they honestly do not present a good image
    nedbank.co.za

I wanted to get the total outstanding amount on my husbands Nedbank credit card and after being reffered from one call centre to another I finally get through to one that has a telephone banking self help section which I thought great I will enter his card number, expiry date and id no and will get the info I need without a problem. If only this service actually worked!!! It didn't so then I get transfered to a consultant who says they can't help me cos its confidential!! Please tell me how giving me his wife the outstanding amount can negatively affect my husband????? I ask to speak to the supervisor cos from being pushed from pillar to post and now still not being able to get the one small thing I want is so frustrating. If they just sent out the statements as they should then maybe I wouldn't have to go through this whole frustrating procedure. The supervisor Sephiso is also no help he is quite arrogant and not helpful at all. All he can do is refer me to yet another call centre!!! For a company advertising service they honestly do not present a good image.

Sep 06, 2010
    Nedbank - Just no service level
    nedbank.co.za

I have requested to take out of my bond what is excess so as to complete some building that i am doing. I contacted the Home Loan departmet, completed all the required forms and submitted all the statements and Payslips requirted. bearing in mind i pay some R1000-00 extra each month as when the rate decresese i do not decrease my payment.

i have now for 10 weeks not been able to get any joy out the Bank. Again i think this is just the way the SA banking system disregards the clients they have as just numbers and not valued customers.

If i was a credit risk why do I have a Gold Current account, Over Draft Granted within 7 minutes. Bearing in mind I am only requesting excess or back to the orignal registered amount.

• G
      Sep 06, 2010
    Nedbank - Quality of service has been lost
    nedbank.co.za

Just as I thought, with the intergration of the 2 Plumstead branches, the quality of service which Gabriel Road was famous for, no longer exists. It seems all the excellent and competent staff have been sent elswhere while the bad apples have been kept at what was once an excellent branch. I stood at the information counter for what seemed like and hour but my watch confirmed that I left the bank at around 15h55 after arriving there at about 15h20 and when I left my problem still wasnt sorted out. While trying to get my problem fixed, I had to listen to the young lady next to the young gentleman helping me, complain about all the work she had and why this one and that one wasn't given these tasks and why she had so much to do and how tired she was of dealing with clients and blah blah blah. Extremeley unprofessional, especially since she was helping a client at the time and I myslef was a client. and till today, my problem has not been resolved. The Nedbank call centre is a disgrace and I cannot believe that my branch couldnt help me either and so here I am without a replacement cheque card since the 3rd of July and no help from my branch whatsoever. What a terrible shame!

• T
      Sep 10, 2010
    Nedbank - Still being charged for an account closed in april
    nedbank.co.za

My father passed away and I was made executor of his estate, and began the process of closing his accounts, opening an estate late account and distributing the funds. This alone was an absolute nightmare due to an extremely incompetent service representative. After months of struggling. numerous phone calls and visits to Nedbank, I managed to sort out the account and distribute the funds to my family. I proceeded to ensure that all the accounts were closed and sat in Christina's office, signed all the forms and was re-assured that all the accounts were closed and I would never have to hear or deal with Nedbank again! Despite all the once again fake promises I have been receiving statements from nedbank charging me for account fees ever since April. I have phoned all the call centre lines and been assured at least 4 times that the accounts are closed and the money I supposedly owe has been credited. In fact Christina phoned and told me she was sorting it out. This was in June! I give up and do not know how it will ever be possible to close this account and put the trauma I am suffering behind me! Please can someone assist me in closing this account?

• X
      Sep 24, 2010
    Nedbank - I am extremely disappointed in the manner in which Nedbank treats its clients
    nedbank.co.za

On 20 July 2009 I submitted an insurance claim for R4 240.13 in respect of damage to the motor vehicle of a tenant, resulting from plaster falling off the building owned by the policyholder.

Since this date I have received no correspondence whatsoever regarding this claim. Further correspondence from me included a letter dated 28 September 2009, requesting an update as to the status of the claim.

Once again no response on the part of Nedbank and to date the claim remains outstanding. The complete lack of response to our claim on the part of Nedbank is unacceptable. I am extremely disappointed in the manner in which Nedbank treats its clients. I have been a loyal supporter and client of Nedbank for the past 41 years, both in my personal capacity and in respect of my businesses.

• G
      Oct 05, 2010
    Nedbank - I will never go to nedbank again
    nedbank.co.za

I took a lone out last year October the loan was R25, 000.00 i have been paying every month R1582.00 i phoned them today 27-10-2009 and asked them if they can reduce my payments and make my period longer, they could not help me all they said was NO, no arrangement nothing i told them what if i cant pay that amount i can only pay R600.00 they said they cant help me.

I will NEVER go to nedbank again, i will tell everybody i meet and each of my friends what bad service i got from Nedbank.

Dec 20, 2010

Hi - I came across this whilst browsing through the various websites. You can email the details directly to [protected]@nedbank.co.za and they will be happy to assist you

• W
      Jan 11, 2011
    Nedbank - Make nothing happen - with Nedbank of course
    Nedbank

Are we being discriminated against? We have an existing bond (nearly settled) & would like to buy a guesthouse, which makes MUCH more than the potential bond repayment & the land & buildings are worth SUBSTANTIALLY more. We have ITC clearance and have submitted management statements & business plans. We have done our homework. We feel that Nedbank is not actually looking at the proposal on the table. Despite our good standing, the inherent property value & the lucrative existing business, the reasons for the decline are ludicrous and vague. How are we to turn 'business dreams into entity' when you wont let us? On borrowing 2.5 we also have 2 to put in ourselves, and that seems to count for nothing. SO if we dont need the Khula handouts but have a bit to put down on a biz that actually shows good figures, Nedbank does not care. Our proposal is solid & the risk is minimal. What is there not to like? Unless its us they don't like. Wake up fellow dreamers. Nedbank is not engaging with us. Nedbank doesn't call back. Nedbank doesn't need our money. Not even our lovely childless-with-cash-to-burn PINK money. So I will take my money elsewhere, less biased.

• B
      Jan 12, 2011
    Nedbank - Non closure of account
    Nedbank

In December 2009 I went into the branch in Musgrave Center and closed my personal account as I wanted to keep my business and personal accounts seperate. All the necessary documentation was signed and completed and as the account was over drawn a deposit was made before the closure as indicated by the bank person doing the closure.

Needless to say this account was never closed and to date is still running. I have lost thouands of rands as a result thereof AND NOW I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK. I am in the process of seeking legal advice and will be approaching the ombudsman with this matter. I fail to understand how this account can still be current? It just shows how much incompetance is actually employed at the banks and why the financial situation is the way it is. All because its NOT THEIR money that they are throwing away.

Jan 20, 2011
    Nedbank - Pathetic service from Nedbank Management Rivonia
    Nedbank

Still awaiting the phone call of the team leader from Nedbank Rivonia to conatct me with a complaint lodged two weeks ago. Went into the bank last year to change stop order date was given a form with the banks stamp on it saying its been changed only to find out that it was never actioned on the system. So i went into the bank on the 2nd of march this year, spoke to the 'team leader' who was supposed to help me personally and get to the bottom of the problem, its now two weeks gone i have not received a single call from him or the branch manager Shirley. Have left more than five messages for either of the to contact me and uptil now they have not. All i can say to the public is DONT BELEIVE NEDBANKS ASK ONCE THEORY.Always do a follow up on your request especially if its Nedbank Rivonia!!!

Jan 24, 2011
    Nedbank - Poor service and never get the same answer
    Nedbank

I applied for a loan at Nedbank on the 11th March 2010, they then told me that a courier service will get in touch with me within 24-48 hours in order to organise a time when they could come and drop documents off which I then need to sign! It is now the 19th March 2010 and I have not heard anything!!! I have called your call centre on numerous occasions asking what is going on? At the beginning of the week I was told that the courier service would call me within 24 hours, then I called again this morning and spoke to someone and said that this should have be approved already, and that if the courier service doesn't phone me by 13:00 I must give the call centre another call! I phoned the call centre yet again and spoke to a guy who now says that the documents are still sitting in the queue for the courier service! When asked why it's taking so long, they call centre agent, then told me that it does take so long when you apply for a loan via phone. But then PLEASE tell me why then do you guys tell your clients the courier service will phone you in 24-48 hours and then nothing happens!!! And also why does every call centre agent have a different story? Please guys come on!

Feb 02, 2011

Hi Kioma, please can you email your details to [protected]@nedbank.co.za and we will be happy to assist you.

Feb 07, 2011

Nedbank closed the branch in my area making it difficult to use my account, I closed the account and was sent a "bill" for R900.00 and a final demand. The demand said I should contact the Client Credit Management Centre BUT no numbers provided and no number in the book or on their website.MAKES YOU THINK DOES'NT IT?

Feb 08, 2011

Dear Willtone. My apologies for the level of service that you have received. Please can you email your details to [protected]@nedbank.co.za in order for us to assist you with your request and resolve the service issues.
    Regards
    Louanne

• U
      Feb 08, 2011
    Nedbank - Bad service from Nedbank and their contractors
    Nedbank

Friday, 16 April I called Nedbank Insurance and reported a water leak between my water meter and the house. Total length of section is approx 8m. Allocated plumber was Big 6 Plumb. They arrived on site and it was ascertained that the water mains to the complex needed to be turned off. These 2 guys were unwilling to turn off the water to the complex. They then proceeded to 'fix' the water pipe. After the repair was done and I inspected it, I could see that they had only clamped the pipe and not replaced it. When I asked them about this, the answer was that they repair not replace. I then checked the water meter and besides this fix, we could see that the meter was still running indicating that there was still a leak in the pipe between the meter and the house, which was my original claim to Nedbank. Their answer was that I would have to lodge another claim with my insurance for this. I called the Insurance, and they said they'd call back within 1 hour. It is now 3 days I have only had 1 x sms stating that I have been placed on an Inspection Delay until 23 April. Meanwhile I still had a water leak! I then called in the professionals - who did a brilliant job.

Nov 30, 2011
    Nedbank - unautarizrd debit
    nedbank
    [protected]@msn.com

I had account whit acckermans I defaulted on account. Then I lost my job I did tell them a few times that I don't. Got a job at the end of 2009 but by then I just had to get my self and family in a stable position. In that time they moved over to Nedbank and I was not informed of this move.
    Then I opened a Nedbank account and for a big company like them self did not inform me of any money owed to them witch i think they had pick up and informed me and if I would like to make an arrangement. This did not happen and on the 29/11/2011 to took R2700 from my account whit out any permit ion or informing me. The sad part of all this is that they say its a bad deb t written off and its whit the attorneys that I never heard from. If any thing I think the attorney should make all the agreements because it is a legal matter they handed me over to them so what gives them the wright

Dec 20, 2011
    Nedbank - blacklisted
    South Africa

I have recently submitted a report on a web site concerning being blacklisted while under debt review the account is now paid up but Nedbank refuses to remove the "default" label. None of the other service providers listed me.now I must put my life on hold as I can not get any finance. Unfortunately it seems that only money matters with the banks and not the customer.

Feb 28, 2012
    Nedbank - Low Service Levels & Appauling Attitude
    South Africa

I went into Nedbank Pretoria Central Branch to close my Acc on Friday 24 February 2012, after having experienced low service levels from the institution.

Mary Msiza who "helped me", said there was an amount of R35 which was yet to go off my account & she'd close it once the amount is cleared, saying i should withdraw the balance & taking my bank card for destroying. Today 28/02/2012 i went to the branch after suspecting the Acc isn't closed, which it wasn't.

When i called to try understand what had happened i was met by utter rudeness without even a greeting.
    The R35 charge has now added to it the monthly service charge which i am now responsible for, when i had been in to close the Account?

Mary Msiza shouted @ me on the phone & was dismissive of all points i wanted to ask her on the issue. I told her i couldn't talk to such a person & asked her name which she was more than proud to give me.

I do not see how such a tone is allowed when she works at a branch, superiors allow their staff to talk as such to clients?

I am EXTREMELY DISGUSTED by the level of service i experienced, i have never experienced such from any institution. Nedbank as an institution should be ashamed

• P
      Jun 09, 2012
    Nedbank - finger printed to do banking

Nedbank Savanna -
    To enter Nedbank you now must place your finger on a pad to open the door.This means they have your fingerprint plus a photo/video of yourself.Who gave them permission to do this.My finger did not open the door - does this mean I am a criminal because I feel like one trying to do my banking.And of course there was no manager around.Who is in control of this madness and who gave you the right to take my photo or finger print.Somewhere along the line this is going to backfire and you will have ID fraud.

Mar 06, 2013
    Nedbank - Double Debit / Rude Consultant
    South Africa

I was double debited on my account, after I made a direct deposit. This morning I called the customer care line, spoke to a care by the name of Cedrick, who transferred me to collections. The lady, who answered the phone, put the phone down on me because she said she could not hear me. I called in again, spoke to Precious, who transferred me to the RUDE, IRROGANT Pulane, I explained my situation and she said I must send a proof of payment, which I did. I asked me to call me back before 10: 00 on whether she received my proof of payment or not. Since this morning 08:00 till now I am still waiting for her call. I just called in again, spoke to Thato, who put the phone down on me. I called again asked for the team leader Mini Mthetwa to call me..Guess what, no one called me.. NEDBANK COSTOMER CARE *****.

Mar 19, 2013
    Nedbank loan debit - Debit order dates
    South Africa

I received an SMS from Nedbank informing me that my debit for 25th March will be going off on the 22nd March 2013. I called the number ([protected]) and the operator told me that as it falls into the long weekend, Nedbank has changed the dates. I told her that, the 26th of the month is a normal working day and there should not be any problem there but she told me that it was too late & the debit will take place on the22nd, and should there not be any funds available, then it will track my account until the 25th! Is this legal, will I have extra service charges on my account? Every other debit is going through on the 25th, why can't this one?

• I
      Sep 09, 2013

Oh you are going to have to put your life on hold for a very long time. They have held mine ransom for about 13 years now. I have paid my outstanding money to Nedbank but agree you will NEVER GET THAT JUDGEMENT OFF YOUR NAME. THE LADY TOLD ME IT STAYS WITH THE BANKS FOR 30 YEARS AND SUPPOSEDLY 5 YEARS WITH TRANSUNION. Even though the account is paid up, Transunion are still out there giving adverse credit reports to people calling. I am trying to find a home to live and cannot do so. I have to tell you, Nedbank sucks in the biggest way possible.

• N
      Sep 28, 2013
    Nedbank - Bad service and incompetence
    NA
    South Africa

This one of the worst, incompetent banks I have ever dealt with in my lifetime.

When I worked in Sydney, Australia they discontinued my internet banking without any warning. The frustration in dealing with local SA branches was just unreal. I eventually at my cost phoned them just to get told I should come into a branch to have it reactivated. What didn't they get about being in Australia? In their opinion I should fly to SA at my cost to fix their problem?

Following I was in Canada for 2 years and they refused to transfer my funds yet I could telephonically transfer 60 000 AUD from Australia in 1 day? They hide their stupidity and incompetence by shunting you from one person to the next incompetent one.

I am now in China and low and behold after 3 withdrawals they have canceled my master card, According to them I should have notified them of my work in China and to gain approval? WTF. Strange how this never applied to Australia and Canada??

This is the funny part, I lend them my money and in return I get interest. The interest however doesn't cover the inflation rate and their high bank charges.. Doesn't this equate to bail ins as I am paying them to keep my funds?? Even better is the fact that I am a unsecured creditor so if anything happens to the bank I am the last one in the line..

STAY AWAY FROM THIS INCOMPETANT BUNCH

Feb 04, 2015

I also had deduction on my account last week of R898 and I went to the bank were I was taken back n forth over the phone even now no 1 has assisted me.all I know is that it was deducted by legal department but to my surprise no 1 can assist by that legal department. I feel very offended as I have recommended nedbank to most of my colleagues n friends.

Apr 07, 2015
    Nedbank Legal Department - Deductions
    Mpumezo Brownlee
    39 123 Foni Street Harare Khayelitsha 7784
    Phone: [protected]

Nedbank legal department deducted money from my account illegally, their loan was paid already

May 04, 2015

Following the discontinuation in December of my key product (inventory), my business has had to restructure and I attempted to contact Nedbank Legal in order to arrive at a negotiated compromise and relief to my company's mortgaged property - a property valued at more than twice the amount owing.
    I have tried to talk to Nedbank legal since February - when I have submitted a business plan at my Nedbank branch.
    Legal has made no attempt to respond to me - however, my accounts have been frozen, forcing me to open another account in order to trade. In April I implemented my new business plan and am outperforming my projections.
    That said, I am being forced no to sell the property without ever having a discussion on how I can temporarily restructure the debt and work my way out of the corner.

• A
      Jun 01, 2015

Please assist how to i get hold of legal department because is been two months now. when i call there's a voice saying due to high volume of call will be unable to take your call please leave your id/contact number an available agent will call so i guess they are always on the phone because i have never received a call from you guys.Please call [protected]

• H
      Mar 26, 2016

1. A deposit did not appear in my account since November 2015!!!
    This has STILL not been resolved.
    2.I was issued a new credit card because Nedbank suspected fraud on my account. It turned out that it was not so and Nedbank charged me for the new card. This has still not been reversed three months later!!!

The amount of phonecalls and emails I have sent to sort this out is a ridiculous waste of money and time.

I have left messages for one of the Managers as well and sent him emails and have not heard from him at all.

Jul 13, 2016
    Nedbank - BAD ATTITUDE
    South Africa

I think its a shame that a Bank has the right to refuse to supply clients with information that they request. I requested proof From Nedbank in the form of a Bank Statement or deposit slip to validate the amount they claimed my vehicle was auctioned for in 2007, they send me a whole lot of docucuments but never anything that prooves that the vehicle was indeed sold for what they say? I think it very strange that after all the allegations I have thrown at them, they dont jsut say here is the proof, but now they say if i want any other information I must get an attorney to request it, I think that they are really trying to hide something

Jul 13, 2016

My account was opened a long time ago, i went to musgrave branch to submit my FICA documentation AND to pick my bank card up and pay the fee, i gave them the fica documents and was told to pick my card up the following week (i have no idea why it would take a week for me to be issued a bank card, i have never had that problem at standard bank and FNB, Its issued same time) I went back to musgrrave today to collect my card only to be told that the manager has left thus i cannot get my card

Q16. Actions taken thus far
    I woukld like to know when i can get my card from nedbank, why do they not want to give it to me.

• T
    Nedbank - Nedbank lies and deceit knows no bounds
    Nedbank

Beware ! Nedbank will supply you with repeated false information to get you to pay them even more money. They will also ignore requests for new contracts to be drawn up when you change your mind on certain aspects of the agreement, and they will also ignore requests to inspect documents directly pertaining to your transaction or contract. Even though they specialize in this industry and should be fully aware of all the pitfalls. They will also make lots of promises as to when you will receive the monies for the personal loan so that you will make relevant arrangements based on their information which they will then repeatedly not honour and put you in precarious situations because you based your decisions on the repeated false information they supplied. Guess how they take responsibility for all of these actions and ridiculous service? They will promise to take internal action to ensure this does not happen again, regardless of the financial impact their lies had on you. And they will happily also earn more money due to the fact that they deceived you in believing that you could use your insurance cover for this loan. From a NEDBANK perspective, good work! you sure got me good..

Jul 14, 2016

Dear Tummen, please can you email your contact and account details to [protected]@nedbank.co.za and we will assist you with your concerns. Regards, Louanne

Jul 14, 2016

Nedbank Randburg and Clearwater are a shame: On application for a loan, Nedbank refuse to payout because my FICA documnets where not in place. I went to Clearwater to fax the documents, but hey in 2011 bank employee still doesnt no they need to stamp the proof of residence to comply with the FICA requirements ( I MEAN REALLY) . To make matters worse this Nedbank employees you teach them how to do their work (they ask you for their Nedbank Personal Fax number. SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME : That Steve from FNB Advert on radio now i know he is from NEDBANK.

Nedbank - Fraudulent activity on my account – 6-7weeks to rectify
    South Africa

08/11/2011 @ 21h31 I received an sms from Nedbank stating that R3000.00 was drawn from my account, I immediately called the bank to cancel my card. The card was NOT lost or stolen, I still had it in my possession. I checked internet banking and there were three transactions, R1000.00, R3000.00 and R1000.00.

The following morning I went into Nedbank Epsom Downs where I was told that the money was back in my account. However, when I logged onto Internet banking some days later, the money had in fact be taken off my account.

After canceling the card, on the 08/11/2011 the transactions went through on the 10/11/2011, surely the transaction should never have been honored.

I went into the bank on Saturday 19/11/2011 and was told there is nothing they can do at this stage and it will take 6-7weeks to rectify this problem.

In the mean time, they cannot even put a note on my account stating that NO debit orders should be bounced? This is clearly not any fault of my own, how can it take almost 2 months to sort out. Especially when I went into the bank the following day and was told that there wasn’t any problem on my account and NO cash withdrawals were reflected on my account.

• J
    Nedbank - Nedbank Northgate you should be ashamed
    Nedbank

After losing my bag in a traumatic incident last week, I have spent countless hours trying to piece my life together. This is not easy, but I must say that certain companies I've dealt with, have made the experience much more bearable. Nedbank Northgate, under the management of Joey Russouw has the honour of reducing me to tears because I could not meet their requirements of providing 2 forms of ID in order to collect my card.

After having Joey wave her hand at me dismissively in the middle of my complaint, I thought that was the most offensive thing a customer could endure. But not so, Ms Russouw then decided that there was no further point in dealing with my complaint and began tidying her desk. She would not answer my demands to know why I have to submit FICA documentation repeatedly, at her branch, and refused flatly to accept my passport as a form of ID. She even was bold enough to state that she is the only bank that follows the rules of FICA and 'the others' just do as they please.

There isn't sufficient space to tell the whole story here, but I hope readers get the gist. Nedbank, pull up your socks, even Std Bank provided better service than you!