NecklineSlimmer.com / Deceptive business practices

I wanted to order a simple exerciser for the neckline that I saw advertised on TV. The Kit was $19.95 plus $7.95 for shipping/handling. There was a free bonus cream included, but I didn't realize that the bonus cream would result in an additonal 7.95 S/H. When ordering, the website immediately took my credit card info -- and then put me through a series of questions trying to sell a lot of other things which I kept saying NO to. Finally, it offered a Gift for the order -- a small vanity mirror - this was supposedly free but charges another 7.95 S/H. I accidently clicked on the yes and could not change it. The screen immediately went to a completed order page with an order number. My $19.99 kit with 7.95 S/H ened up totaling $43.88. The process did not give me an opportunity to review the final order and charges -- something every HONEST website does. I wanted to remove the vanity mirror and somehow get rid of that so-called bonus cream. If it wasn't possible, I was going to discontinue with the order. However, I was not given a chance. The only option I had was to call a customer service number. However, when I called, I was told that they could not help me until after 24 hours when the order "appeared" in their system. In this case I would have to wait until Monday morning (when I'm at work). My emailed confirmation came to me from a No-Reply email address. I have since looked the site over and cannot find a single way to contact anyone online -- or even find an address. Clearly, this site is set up to discourage ANY communication with anyone and to make it so difficult for the customer to correct (or cancel)their order that they simply give up and get ripped off. Normally, I never order anything without checking out the seller first, but ordering a little exerciser seemed like a small risk -- but this is an outrageous practice of deception.

Na

Comments

• Mt
      10th of Aug, 2009

The web site does not give you option to order the neckline slimmer with out the "free bonus cream".
    You get stuck paying the extra 7.95 shipping & handling fee, for this cream when you order.
    I would suggest you order by phone if you do not want to pay the extra 7.95 for the cream.

• Ka
      15th of Aug, 2009

Practically the same thing happened to me!! I was infuriated. I do not remember reading anywhere that the "bonus" product (which is shipped in the same package as the neck slimmer) would have a separate shipping and handling fee (an additional $7.95). I ordered the neck slimmer and the obligatory "bonus" product and then made the mistake of indicting that I wanted rushed shipping (for an additional $4.95). When I received the order confirmation, a $20.00 shipping fee showed up! It was too late to change the order (even though I had not been given a chance to review the order before the confirmation). There was a phone number for customer service on the confirmation: 1-800-573-7583, but the customer service representative said that she would not be able to pull up my order for another 24 - 72 hours -- that's another two to six dayss!!! My husband is an I.T. manager and cannot figure out why in the world it would take that long to process!! I do want the product and believe that it is probably a good one, but the way they are handling the online order processing is completely unethical. By the time customer service is able to pull up my order --- in 2-6 days --- I'm sure the product will be on its way to my home and it will be too late to do anything about it (except send it back and still get charged all of the S&H fees). This is a dishonest online business practice. If you want to order this product -- DO NOT ORDER IT ONLINE -- Call in the order and make sure you are perfectly clear about your charges.

• Na
      16th of Aug, 2009

I knew that the bonus cream was an extra $7.95, beacause it states this on the home page, right under "You get it all".

I didn't try to order it yet, but I will definately call my order in, as opposed to ordering online, thanks to your head's up about their system!

• Go
      4th of Dec, 2009

Even if you do order call your order in, you are NOT talking to a live person. It is STILL automated. You are prompted to answer YEs or NO and when I said NO to quicker shipping and handling which would have cost another $4.95 - the NO did not register. It was a very annoying way of placing an order as the automated voice was asking if I wanted to order mascara, and another kind of cream, and other products, all to which I said no and had to press 1 for yes and 2 for no. I WAS NOT CERTAIN IF I ORDERED ALL THIS OTHER JUNK OR NOT!!! SO I called customer service and just wanted to CANCEL the order, but was told like everyone else that my order would not show up in their system for anotherl 48 hours and to call back - and when I did - they told me that my order had gone out - and I was to recieve it by quicker mail for another $4.95, and that I would receive it within 7 days. Yeah right! VERY DISHONEST WAY TO DO BUSINESS.
    Don't know what the product is like - probably no good - since they have to be SO DISHONEST about doing business.

• Ho
      24th of Dec, 2009

I went to the website after reading the above comments and agree that it is not possible to place an order with complete transparency. When I was looking for the neckline slimmer I did a google search for their website. The "AS-Seen-On-TV" ( http://www.as-seen-on-tv.biz/ ) site was listed so I thought I would check it out. The neckline slimmer is diplayed on the front page. Yes, it is the same product. I double checked all the pages before ordering, it gave shipping costs, which was reasonable, a totals page and a confirmation page before placing the order. The honest way an online business should be. If you want all of the "extra stuff" you will have to go to the Neckline Slimmer site.

So if you really want the slimmer but don't want to feel like you have been taken advantage of try this option.

• Pa
      5th of Jan, 2010

I purchased a neckline slimmer in August which was sent to an address in Miami until I found someone coming to Jamaica to bring it for me. I actually only received it the middle of October. I have only used it on & off over the last two & a half months and the gaget for exercise has lifted so it no longer locks properly. I am holding the machine together with three rubber bands, doubled.
    I called SAS Group to see if they would replace the gaget so I could possibly get some use out of it, for the US$40.00 plus I paid. Customer Service say they cannot replace it, since they sent it to me in August. I asked her if the life of the product is supposed to be four months, " "no" was the reply.
    In my book, the invention may be good, but the product is cheaply made and Customer Service is poor, literally poor. And that also goes for the way the orders are taken also.I am really very upset .

• Lo
      5th of Apr, 2010

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Neckline simmer I would reccomend they purchase it through Get Organized.com or Taylor Gifts. No extra bonus creams / mirrors ect. to deal with. Just the product.

• Mo
      17th of Nov, 2010
    NecklineSlimmer.com - I was double-billed for shipping and handling
    Necklineslimmer.com
    necklineslimmer.com

Totally misleading. I was double-billed for shipping and handling.Customer service people will not deal with complaints (claim is that system is being updated and orders cannot be located). Rep tells me that once an order is shipped, they cannot guarantee that a charge can be changed. Stay away from this company!!! Total rip-off!