Ncoa - National Cellular Owners Association / NCOA is good for nothing!

Yes i purchased an insurance for my phone from NCOA and well its good for nothing! It gives you information on what they'll cover but don't be fooled ALL THEY DO IS TAKE YOUR MONEY and PROVIDE YOU WITH NO SERVICE!!! Please do us all a favor AND IF THERES ANYONE WHO BOUGHT OR IS IN NEED OF BUYING a cell phone TELL THEM NOT TO BUY INSURANCE FROM THIS company... SPREAD THE WORD and for all of us who were ripped off can't we all do something about this!

Va

Comments

• Ro
      13th of Nov, 2006
    NCOA - National Cellular Owners Association - No way to contact them and get your insurnce money!

I brought a cellophane on-line from wirefly.com at the same time I brought cell phone insurance they offered from NCOA, PO Box 273566,Bocaton Raton,FL 33427; for $49.99 ( inphonic,Inc, ESI/IMEI# 358ssss ) also inclued in print out. I brought a Razor V#, Motorola,Phone # 215432 2sss. Date of coverage stared 2/03/2006. I lost it on or about 8/24/06. When I discovered it was lost I called T-moblie about the coverage they informed me the they did not handle my insurance; that I had to call ncoa. I made several call to wirefly because I needed help to find the correct phone number to call for the insurance company, the numbers provided to me was just an automated system that hung up on you,could not info. I called wirefly again and they told me that they could not get though to them either and had no farther information for them. I went on-line and email Inphonic to no avail until about 10/2/06 that I got a reply from MBryant at Inphonic advising me of where I can get a hold of NCOA. I called them and got a person named Fran to who told me that I had to file a complaint on-line which I did. After a week I called back and she stated that she saw nothing on her system,to file it again; another week went by and another woman by the name Levey, told me that more information was needed on how I lost the phone, to back on line and do that, I went back and followed her instruction. Another week I called and talked to Tony the manager and faxed her the facts and she told me that within 24-48 hers they would notify me. They informed me that I had to inform them of the lost within 30 days of lost. Well how can you inform them if their systems where down and no one else could contact them.

I paid my premium to them why should they get away with this now. I brought another phone because I could not contact these people and I needed a phone.

MY ID # is W100ssss
    Phone # is 215 432 2sss ADDRESS Phila,Pa. 19119

• Wi
      15th of Feb, 2007

I lost my cell phone and tried to do an RFS, which later on was denied due to "loss, unexplained disappearance, left unsecured." What kind of BS is this? The reason that anyone who get insurance on cell phone is to get a replacement or fixed if you lost or damage your cell phone. Their advertisement and FAQ did not specify what is not covered by NCOA. Please do not buy insurance with NCOA because they are fraud!!!

20th of Feb, 2007

I lost my phone in august 2006 and contacted ncoa-jumped through all kinds of hoops only in the end for them to tell me it was "negligent loss" because i was in the back seat of my friends car and the phone was left behind when this friend gave me a ride somewhere-ridiculous! fortunately i was able to contact this friend and retrieve the phone unfortunately 2-3 weeks ago my cellphone was truly stolen out of my vehicle and after being on this website im having panic attacks because the rfs is still in progress and now i'm realizing im not getting a replacement-im not sure what to do at this point besides jump through all those hoops again for nothing-can we get the better business bureau or something can't all these scammed customers file a class action suit and shut these people down-where's the petition ill be the first one to sign it-maybe i'll be the one to draw it up myself does anyone think it would help? i will update this when i get a response from this fraudulent company.

3rd of Apr, 2007

Yup, had the same thing happen to me.... Denied my claim for the phone I lost... This company is a PoS. Good Luck getting a response too. They don't have a professional phone number the CS Reps can never be reached...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My letter said:

This letter is in reference to the above captioned request for service (RFS). The loss was reported to this office on March 25, 2007.

As stated on your request for service form, the loss was due to: “How: Placed phone down, Do not remember the location. Date was 17th of March it went missing, I delayed filing the issue in hopes the phone would turn back up, the 25th is the date in which I filed this RFS.”

Therefore, the following exclusion applies to this request for service:

“LOSS, UNEXPLAINED DISAPPEARANCE, LEFT UNSECURED.”

NCOA requires that reasonable care and control be exercised at all times. Based on the above listed exclusion, we cannot consider this request for payment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They should not say they cover "Lost" phones... How many people "LOOSE" a phone and "KNOW" where it was...

7th of Apr, 2007

The same thing happened to me. NCOA should be punished for their fraud. I hope at least one lawyer will be their victim and all of us can support that lawyer to punish NCOA. I think people who sell NCOA, should be punished too.

• Xc
      17th of Apr, 2007
    NCOA - National Cellular Owners Association - NCOA is a rip off! No respond to my claim!

National Cellular Owners Association (NCOA) ripoff, dishonest cellphone insurance fraud.

Call many times and nobody call me back, NO LIVE PERSONS!!

• Sh
      19th of Apr, 2007

I am going thru the same damn thing right now. My phone was stolen. Ive sent them a copy of the police report 6 times now. But they keep saying "not received". I just did a google search on this, and found out that this company already has 155 claims against them in the Better Business Bureau, within the last 36 months alone !!! Something has to be done about this. I am going to file my claim at the BBB and the Florida Division of Insurance Fraud tomorrow. If everyone does the same, maybe something will be done about it.

• Ci
      22nd of Apr, 2007

I agree with both comments. No live persons to talk to at this business and no call backs to repeated messages left. I have filed complaint with Better Business Bureau in Florida. If you go to the Better Business Bureau website for Boca Raton NCOA has MANY complaints lodged against them. I don't understand why Wirefly endorses them. The phone I bought through Wirefly was stolen and insurance claim through NCOA denied.

22nd of Apr, 2007

Same here... NCOA used a 'theft...' clause in the terms to deny my lost phone report. DUH! After that they changed their reason to 'left unattended...' ok, what kind of loss is considered being attended to. If you were attending to it, you wouldn't lose it.

I asked them what is considered legitimate loss. They never answered back.

Go figure.

21st of May, 2007

NCOA is a rip-off. They sent me a non-working phone as a fix. When I brought it to their attention, they claimed the phone in question does not have the same ID as in my contract (of course it does not. They sent me another phone in lieu of my original phone that got damaged). Now they are saying they are not liable for the bfix since they found the damage was due to "negligent use" on my part. When the repair goes bad they decide its convenient to claim I am not eligible for the repair in the first place!! When I took it up with BBB, they twisted the facts to spin a story where they claim they merely denied service in accordance with stated contract. Luckily I have their repair authorization documents which clearly shows NCOA is lying. Hopefully more people complaining with BBB should help all of us who have been ripped-off.

• Sl
      24th of May, 2007

I ordered the NCOA service from wirefly.com when I purchased my phone. Two days ago I lost my phone when it fell out of my pocket while in a park. NCOA denied my claim stating, "theft from an unattended premises" or "vehicle not reasonably secured". I definitely plan on contacting the BBB AND suing.

4th of Jun, 2007

This company is an absolute ripoff. There is a florida fraud institute and the BBB. The have 320+ complaint filed in the last 3 years and that's just the ones that are reported. PLEASE file a complaint. The cover nothing. It is a total scam.

"I lost my phone and I don't know what happened to it" = unexplained disappearance
    "I put my phone down to get something from my bag" = negligence
    "Someone stole my phone out of my bag" = unattended premise/ insecure
    "left my phone in the car and it was broken into" = unsecured premise/ negligence

These are just some examples of their BS. The point is no matter what happened unless someone put a gun to your head for the phone or they kicked down your door and then put a gun to your head they won't cover anything. File a formal complaint, demand a refund after you officially filed a complaint, and keep all forms. Also, request that they mail you the documents denying your claim. I suspect they will be brought to trial pretty soon.

• Ad
      4th of Jun, 2007

To every one that reads this message. We have to put these suckers out of business. First thing, you have to keep calling them like i do. I call them 3 times a day. It a toll free number they answer this one. 1 866-654 -5590 you have to file a complaint with the BBB. And most of all you have to complaint to wirefly and other dealers that recommend them and sell their policies. It's one big joke and the authorities allow them to function and collect hard earned money from working people like you and i. And the other thing is call and cancel so you get a refund of the balance.

Good luck.

• Pe
      18th of Jun, 2007

I've read a lot of complaints on NCOA and 2 days ago I just filed a RFS from NCOA and I was actually approved, and they sent me an email to send in my phone to be replaced. But now that I've read so many complaints about this company im not too sure if I should send in my phone... Has anyone actually gotten their phones replaced?

This is part of the email:

HANDSET REPAIR APPROVAL
    Please send your damaged cell phone and a copy of this Repair Approval to:

Equipment Blowouts Inc.
    Attn Wireless Repairs
    PMB 324 130 W Main Street
    Ste. 144
    Trappe, PA, 19426-2025
    Email: wirelessrepairs@equipmentblowouts.com
    Website: www.equipmentblowouts.com
    Fax: 610-410-0354

Should I send my phone in?

• Na
      21st of Jun, 2007

Dude, even i am in the same soup, same story, wirefly - Cingular - NCOA (Fran) - Lost my phone, filed an RFC via web - same guy sent me an email saying that my request has been denied stating as follows:

"LOSS, UNEXPLAINED DISAPPEARANCE, LEFT UNSECURED.

Should you have any questions, contact NCOA Customer Service Department through E-mail – customerservice@joinncoa.net or fax to 561-470-1399. We regret any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Sincerely,

NCOA Membership Committee"

I don't understand why these companies opt insurance and do not cover when it is required.

I suggest anyone who are planning to sign up new cell phone service like wirefly, DO NOT, i said DO NOT go through them.

Narender

27th of Jun, 2007

My cell phone got wet while it was raining. Yeah I know dumb me, but what was even dumber was thinking I had coverage through NCOA. My phones was purchased through Celluar USA, I was thinking my insurance was through the phone co. No it wasn't. SO if you plan to buy insurance on line, make sure it's not through these people. Otherwise you will find out, you may have Fred and Barney from the Flintsones protecting your phone.

You never get to talk to a real person, everything is done online. To make a long story short, if your provide is NCOA expect nothing to be done about your phone.

• Ke
      2nd of Jul, 2007

I bought Cingular phone from Wirefly in january, 2007 My wife went to universal studio in jul last week of 2007. While taking ride she lost and she realized after several hours, by the time she realized, Phone was almost untraceable and she was not able to do anything because she has no idea when it dropped. When we complain to NCOA they simple reply that IT's UNEXPLAINABLE LOST. I would like to ask them what is Explainable Lost ? If I can explain how I lost how can I say my phone is lost. How can one knowingly lost. Please don't buy a phone from Wirefly.com/inphonic phone and don't buy NCOA Protection plan that company is fraud. Wirefly.com should getting big commission that's why they provide NCOA. Why they didn't provide me Cingular Insurance That I don't know.

• Ke
      2nd of Jul, 2007

CAN WE LAW SUE AGAINST NCOA? PLEASE GET TOGETHER AND SUE THAT CRAZY COMPANY!

• Ki
      25th of Jul, 2007

I had the same experience with NCOA. They finally did send me a phone but it came with a broken screen and could not turn on. I sent it back to them, they canceled my insurance- I just received a prorated refund check for 16 dollars and the broken phone in the mail only this time they did not even bother to send the battery. Why send a battery for a phone that does not work anyway? This company is a scam and so is Equipment blowouts! I would like to start a class action lawsuit against NCOA any interest in joining in?

• Tr
      2nd of Aug, 2007

Hello.

TO ALL, the only thing I see in the contract is an opportunity to cancel the device protection service and receive a pro-rated refund from NCOA. This might get a little money back for all of you that have had problems.

Good luck.