NCO Financial Systems Inc / Illegal business practices and fraud!

I received a letter from the NCO guys saying that Memorial Hermann hospital had forwarded our account to them for collection. I paid the amount and settled the account and it has been more than 2 months now, i am calling them everyday for a receipt... or an invoice.. or a settlement letter or something which explicitly states the amount of the settlement. I've told them every time that my insurance company needs this letter for reimbursement purposes, but still no use. Every time i call, i am put on hold.. or i have to leave a message which nobody returns.. or i keep getting transferred here and there with nobody really helping me.

EVEN WORSE, the hospital still does not show this account as settled. I keep getting letters from the hospital that it still shows a balance. I am still not sure how that could happen inspite of having settled the account.

I am trying to find out if i can legally sue them for malpractice.

Thanks to https://www.complaintsboard.com for providing me a place to vent my frustration and also helping warn others!

Comments

• Ka
      17th of Apr, 2007

They received a AT&T account I had that was $145, and they marked it up to $162 in December, now I call them yesterday and they said it was transfered back to AT&T, so I call AT&T and they have the bill again for $145. I call NCO Financial again because I didn't realize that they had tacked on money to the account so I thought they were two different accounts and the guy says that they IN FACT DO have the account still.. fishy yes? Exact same account number as AT&T so I ask him why I just paid AT&T $30 on the same account number.. and he couldn't give me a straight answer, he kept going around the question - so I called AT&T back and they told me they have the account, not NCO Financial. I'm SO glad I called AT&T first, if you can, call the creditor and pay them - not NCO Financial, from what I've heard, they are BAD to the bone.

23rd of Apr, 2007

My wife received a letter from NCO telling her that she owes them money from the debt transferred to them via verizon wireless, and if we don't respond within 30days, they would report it to the credit agencies.

The problem is that not only she does not owe them money, we have been away from the country for over three years. We know for a fact that she does not owe them money.

I researched on the net that said they had to pay out so much in settlement for fraud that they are frauding more people to make up the money.

25th of Apr, 2007

Someone close to me I know had a credit card debt of almost 2,800. NCO took it over, fine, and he paid $200 a week that he said they could take right from his checking account.

SIX payments later, all of NCO records show he owes a balance of about 2,500. (???). He told them not to take out money until he received a written conformation by NCO and even though nothing arrived by the first week they pulled out money. First they were calling him at his work despite telling them NOT to, now it's hard to reach anyone about what the HELL is going on.

There's much more but you get the idea. We're going down to the bank for records today of money they took out.

• Va
      26th of Dec, 2007
    NCO Financial Systems Inc - Scam and cheating!
    NCO Financial Systems Inc
    507 Prudential Road
    Horsham
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 800-383-4761
    www.ncogroup.com

NCO Financials sent me a collections letter dated 12/14, to collect a debt from 'Chase/Assignee of Provi', as some others have received. The account number doesn't seem to exist. If this is a real debt, it was discharged in bankruptcy in 1991. I lost my bankruptcy paperwork in a flood, so I have some research to do. My credit report doesn't show this debt. They also offered me a deal to pay half of the debt, which they had more than doubled with interest.

From this website, I can see I'm not in this fight alone.

26th of Dec, 2007

I received exactly the same letter and called them today. When they saw that I was employed by the Attorney General's Office in Texas, they said that the letter was sent by mistake. They acknowledged that the debt was discharged in a bankruptcy in 1993. They also said that the creditor was not informed, which was total BS and I called them on it. Their letter is being forwarded to our Consumer Protection Divison for investigation.

• Mo
      1st of Mar, 2009

Everyone who has a collection agency on there ### is bitter. Has anyone ever stopped to think that if our health care system was stronger then it is today there wouldn't be so much medical debt in the U.S. I can only speak on behalf of the branch I work for. We collect 95% medical debt. Society wants to think that "Insurance will pay" or "Workman's Comp will pay" or if they have Medicaid or Medicare they are in the clear of paying for Medical Services. F.Y.I people, they could care less about any policy holder. All they want is your monthly payment. Another piece of info society forgets is, Hospitals, Anesthesiologists, Radiologist, Oncologists none of them have to file your Insurance. There is no law stating that they have to. When you go to the E.R, Urgent care or Physician you sign a contract stating you will pay for services, if you don't they will contract a collection agency to collect your part either before or after Insurance. Hospitals in the U.S are in debt because people have services provided to them and they never pay for them. If you think that the Hospitals are ran by govt money your wrong they are ran on the money patients are to pay after recovery. Don't hate all collection agencies hate the ### Americans who choose to "not pay" there bills and the govt for making health care out of reach for most Americans.

31st of Mar, 2009

nco sucks a dick and and dont know ### about how a business is supposed to be run thats why they havw to chase money cause the have no idea how to make money i guess thats what happens when u have only 2 brain cells any idoit can rip someone off but they have a sour attitude towards all their customers so theyll always get that attitude back hey some people like drama and nco is one of them stupid ### i just want a receipt or my vreditor to be updated i guess ill just sue the ### for 10000 dollars ove a hundred dollar recipt they refused to give me ya know ### em

31st of Mar, 2009

nco cant fax a reciept but can fax a bill

31st of Mar, 2009

they will will not give a receipt for payment you bank statement or money order reciept or credit card statment u pay them usually will not be sufficent for the original creditor if you wish to to business with the original creitor again your account will usually say nco has not updated them that you settled the account do not pay nco a dollar cus the only thing that will probably happen is you give them money and nothing else about the cituation changes and by law they purchased you debt its theirs and if you dispute it with the credit agencies all they have to do is fill out a 1 page form with your account # to validate your debt so send all leters certified ( they wont accept those but keep records that they didnt) ask for dettailed info of your account if they wont respond take them to court it will be worth your while financially minumum a 1000 dollars cus they cant legally put their debt on your report and trust me they know that just dont talk to them on the phone and certify a letter stating not to call you and take action but dont give them a cent they dont deserve hell make a donation to the original creditor if they wont accept payment since they sold your debt if its a morol thing but nco is just a company that wants to make easy money while others do it morally right. a lazy way of makin money not just from some salty chick but its all true so take advice or get ###ed by them do not pay them
    pay them and to to get a reci[pt that will be acceptable you wiil not get one they will not report to original creditors and youul be back to aquare one they will update the credit agencies though so their thousands of lawsuites aint as high but dont expect them to report to more than one credit agency their ultimatle piss poor at what they do and you ###ed up by being late to someone according to them so now ur apeice of ### and theyll treat you like one after u pay them or if u dont pay them DO NOT PAY NCO UNLESS U HAVE TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO PROVE TO PEOPLE YOU DID WHICH IS CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE CUS UR RECORDS ARNT GOOD ENOUGH YOU STATMENTS WILL NEVER SHOW ACCOUNT #:S ETC SO ### NCO LIKE THEYD ### YOU

• Ba
      25th of Sep, 2009
    NCO Financial Systems Inc - Simply horrible
    NCO Financial Systems Inc
    ncogroup.com

I paid off my debt to a collection agency by way of check by phone. The collection agency in turn bill my bank account for the fees that they felt like billing for. The bank said they cannot issue a refund due to the fact that I gave out my account number over the phone.

I will never pay for anything again with a check by phone.

• Sp
      25th of Sep, 2009

If they took more than you owe then that's illegal and they have to give you a refund of the overpaid amount. If the took the full amount that you owe then maybe you should take it as a lesson learned to pay your bills.