NCOBeware

1 Review updated:

NCO is attempting to collect a debt for a bill from an auto accident I was in 2 years ago. The bill was paid by my insurance company over a year ago and yet I continue to receive calls. I have tried calling them and all I get to do is tell my story and then they tell me "any information received will be used in an attempt to further collect your debt." Thanks! I have told them time and time again that the bill is paid and I refuse to pay. I have now tried emailing them, which was a treat. I'm sure I'll get a response. So I guess for the rest of my life I will monitor my credit report like a hawk and have them removed, ignore their phone calls, and toss out their letters! Seriously you cannot get anywhere with this company if you don't owe anything! The only answer they take is check, visa, or MasterCard.

Comments

•   Apr 16, 2008
    NCO - Bad bad news
    www.ncogroup.com

NCO Financial started calling my house but they never say anything. They simply call my house every morning. Early. Nobody is ever on the line. It either disconnects or nobody says anything. I don’t even have anything negative on my credit! What idiots. How do I make it stop? I called them to complain and right this moment I am rotting on hold. I'm so aggravated! Unfortunately, our government does not regulate these kinds of organizations anymore. Nobody cares so you get junk faxes, harassing phone calls. I guess I'll complain to my State Representative's office about this.

• De
      Sep 03, 2009
    NCO Portfolio Management Inc
    Delaware

Trying to refinance my existing mortgage with CitiMortgage to reduce my interest rate. Credit Rating is over 750 and spotless. Stewart Title Guaranty Company says they come up with a JUDGMENT against my NAME - NOT MY CREDIT REPORT OR SS#. Only thing is the report they send me a copy of says the name is mine, isn't even my name! It is my first and middle name transposed! Does that matter to CitiMortgage or Stewart Title? NOOOOOO. They say I must get proof from NCO that it is not my debt. I've been calling different numbers and people for 2 months and can't find anyone that can help me. This has been going on for so long that CitiMortgage has closed my loan application, for which I paid $450 application and appraisal fee. I feel like I have been rapped and the police won't do anything about it.

• De
      Dec 08, 2009
    NCO - NCO HARRASSMENT

I have recently had to fall back on debt reduction to save my credit. The problem is that NCO keeps calling my house anywhere from 800 am to 900 pm sometimes 6 0r so times a day and from different numbers. They have been asked several times to not be calling.
    They continue to call. The problem is that I have a father living with me that is 82 years old and it is annoying to him. I am not avoiding my debts I am trying to work thru the debt reduction company and all my debtors have been notified of this by the company. I NEED NCO TO STOP THE CONTINOUS HARRASSMENT

• Em
      Dec 08, 2009

1. read fair credit reporting act, you'll pick up some tips
    2. write them a letter asking to cease all contact (you can sue if they dont)
    3. debt consolidation/reduction companies arent as great as they sound and it is sometimes better to deal directly with agencies. BUT, some of them are acting pretty nasty sometimes and I can see why you wouldn't want to.

• Fi
      Apr 19, 2010
    Nco Financial systems
    507 Prudential
    Horsham
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]
    ncogroup.com

This company is the worst collection agency i have ever had to deal with. They have called me at MINIMUM 8 times a day. They call from as early as 8am to as late as 10pm.
    I have been sworn at, and insulted by their reps.

• Na
      Oct 02, 2010
    American Express
    507 Predential Road, Horsham, PA 19044
    Willmington
    Delaware
    Phone: [protected]

I had been making payments with you not NCO andI don't think the amouont on the bill I have recieved is right. It's showing me $358.16. It's the second letter I have received from NCO. Do they have any rights oir business to do this while I am makiog payments with you for American Express.? Can you get back to me. My phone number is [protected] or e-mail address is [protected]@ao.com. My consumer affairs permit number with you is 0991420 with Nationwide Credit, Inc... I thank-you soooo much. I have sent you the first letter, but the amount is different on this on.

• Mp
      Jan 07, 2011
    NCO FINANCIAL SERVICES
    Florida

NCO WAS AWARDED A GARNISHMENT AGAINST ME AND ALL THE INFO THEY SUBMITTED WAS TO ECMC WAS INCORRECT AND NOW THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO BECAUSE I WAS UNABLE TO DISPUTE IT DUE TO THEY WERE CLOSED DURING HOLIDAYS.

• Bu
      May 10, 2011
    dont know
    Mississippi
    Phone: my no [protected]

NCO keep calling my number and i dont know they got it the last time they called i asked who they looking for they told me so is said you got the wrong number so i guest they cant find who they looking for so now they are harassing me please make them stop

Thank You!!

• Be
      Aug 26, 2011
    NCO - Collections
    NCO

NCO is a nightmare of a company! I do not like dealing with these reps as they are rude and unhelpful. I lost my job and was not able to pay some of my bills. That does not make me a bad person! If I had the $ I would pay, and prior to losing my job I always paid on time and had excellent credit. I am in a bit of a bind, & am having a hard time making ends meet. NCO calls my family & now they have some how found my cell # & are calling that non-stop and not leaving any voicemails. NCO calls my mother and leaves messages on her answering machine stating that they are calling for me about a past due debt that I owe, that this is a very important finacial matter & to call back immediately, so I call them & am put on hold for 20 minutes and then cut off. Now they are calling my mother again & pretending to be a police officer saying that if I do not return their calls they are going to do something that will affect me. IT ALREADY IS AFFECTING ME & MY FAMILY! I am so glad I read about this company online! I do not want to pay them, I would rather set up a payment plan with the actual company I owe to then let these fools get any comission out of me! I have read some comments from actual employees of NCO, and they completely stand up for the company & say that they abide by the law, YEAH RIGHT! You people make me sick! Kicking people when they are down, harrassing innocent people who dont OWE you, stealing $ from peoples checking accounts, making threats & cussing people out! Let me say this! Calling, harrassing, & threatning will not get you anywhere! I can promise you that! If you sounded nice, respectful, & understanding over any Voicemails you may have left me I probably would've called back and discussed this debt like a mature, cival adult, but your actions make me sick & I want nothing to do with this company in any way shape or form! NCO, YOU WILL NEVER GET A [censored]ING DIME FROM ME!!! EVER, NEVER !!! SO STOP WASTING MY TIME AND YOURS! [censored] OFF YOU ###!

• Pa
      Mar 12, 2012
    Ramsay
    Bowie
    Maryland

I received a call from some one representing NC0 Financial, asking for my husband. I told her he is not here, she proceeded to scream at me telling me to give him a phone number and a claim form, or she is going to his job to serve him papers and embarrass him. as she is a process server. Can she do this I am so stress over this matter as she was very mean and rude

•   Jun 08, 2016
    www.ncogroup.com

I called and in the middle of a sentence got cut off and put on hold, I never got to speak to a supervisor.

The woman I finally talked to was rude and gave me the round robin and never answered a question sufficiently to my understanding.

Overall the service was terrible.and the people were rude. I was dissatisfied. When I received the bill, it said I owed one amount and the woman said it was fees they put on the bill how can you put fees on a closed account.

they wouldn’t send me any paperwork I requested and told me I would get a receipt at the end of paying the bill.

• Pr
      Jun 08, 2016
    unknown

I have never been verbally attacked so bad in my entire life. It's almost like the person calling is the one who directly borrowed you the money. They have called me literally every day over and over again wanting all my personal information such as my banking account information, I of course have refused that request. Then they threaten me with "your not cooperating with us I'm just going to garnish your wages". I have offered to set up monthly payment through the mail with a money order type of payment and was told that is not acceptable. NCO won't even work with me on setting up a monthly payment at all that can be sent, they want payments right now over the phone, and when you don't they instantly turn nasty. Aside from being told that I'm not cooperating they have called me a liar, told me to call my parents and see if they can pay my bill and when I asked them why they said because I told you so. I even asked them why they are treating me like a piece of trash and why do you think it's okay to treat me like this and he responded with because I'm on the collecting side of the line and your on the broke and in debt side, so that's why we can treat you like this. Then he finished it up with I get so sick of YOU PEOPLE going to school and not paying your bills. I am absolutely floored at the fact that this company has thousands of complaints about the treatment they dish out and NOTHING happens to them!!! I think if you have bills that are past due that a company has every right to contact you BUT that does not give them the right to treat people inappropriately. I have spent hours on the phone with this company and have endured such awful treatment they have caused me to literally be sick, loose sleep, and actually shake while I am on the phone with them, they are extremely intimidating. I have since contacted an attorney to resolve this issue.